Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Begins 2012 Video *Possible Spoiler*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is it possible that Jericho will pull a double swerve on us, and he really has come back as babyface, thus working all of us smarks who so proudly thought that we had his patronising smiling comeback all figured out as sinister heel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Charisteas wrote: »
    Is it possible that Jericho will pull a double swerve on us, and he really has come back as babyface, thus working all of us smarks who so proudly thought that we had his patronising smiling comeback all figured out as sinister heel?

Nah I think this character plays well against CM Punk. I hope Jericho and Punk are kept apart for a long time (after Royal Rumble at the earliest). That will give Jericho time to build his character and hopefully win the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Good point, Jericho is an excellent shout to win the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

maybe all them years of being a bad singer means he lost his voice and can only shout yeah at the crowd and not say anything? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Whatever you think about the actual return, at least those of us that stuck with the "it is Jericho" approach on the thread can feel happy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so does anyone have any idea on the plans for jericho? a short term return culminating in a feud and match with punk at mania? anyone read anything reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

so does anyone have any idea on the plans for jericho? a short term return culminating in a feud and match with punk at mania? anyone read anything reliable?

The majority dirtsheets know sweet feck all and this return proved that.
    I dont think i will be taking anything as gospel with them from now on as i would think a LOT of it will be educated guesses and no real reliability.

Speculate, yes indeed. But cold hard facts is something i dont think they will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

CMpunked wrote: »
    I dont think i will be taking anything as gospel with them from now on as i would think a LOT of it will be educated guesses and no real reliability.

Speculate, yes indeed. But cold hard facts is something i dont think they will have.

haha, too right.

I subscribed to the Observers website 2 months ago, and while I hugely enjoy it, and would recommend it to anyone, as far as actual information, or future plans go, its fairly thin on the ground.

And even when someone like Meltzer does know, he "can't talk about it" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

D.Q wrote: »
    haha, too right.

I subscribed to the Observers website 2 months ago, and while I hugely enjoy it, and would recommend it to anyone, as far as actual information, or future plans go, its fairly thin on the ground.

And even when someone like Meltzer does know, he "can't talk about it" :o

The way it should be tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah, but we all want the inside scoop really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh good god will you stop will you. A couple of things:

Lumping every website and newsletter together is really silly. It would be like lumping every newspaper all with different sources, levels of sources, biases and editoral together.

Secondly I dont think you read any or perhaps have ever read any.

Finally what renders your post completely without fact is that PWInsider reported it was Chris Jericho as a FACT two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rovert wrote: »

Finally what renders your post completely without fact is that PWInsider reported it was Chris Jericho as a FACT two months ago.

I'm open to correction, but was that not the usual "we believe it to be blah, blah, blah but plans change so it might not be blah, blah, blah"?

Oh good god will you stop will you. A couple of things:

Lumping every website and newsletter together is really silly. It would be like lumping every newspaper all with different sources, levels of sources, biases and editoral together.

Secondly I dont think you read any or perhaps have ever read any.

I'm curious. How quickly did you skim my post?
    You missed the deliberate use of the word majority. ;)

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm open to correction, but was that not the usual "we believe it to be blah, blah, blah but plans change so it might not be blah, blah, blah"?

No that was Meltzer more or less initially.

I tried to find PWInsider's initial report but all I could find was the audio news update. The jest was don't believe all the stuff about contact issues. Jericho not being in the video game, Jericho saying he would never work for WWE again on twitter it was all a smokescreen.

I'm curious. How quickly did you skim my post?
    You missed the deliberate use of the word majority. ;)

Explain to me what you would class as a dirtsheet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Fair enough, it must have been his that was posted on here so, cause that's the one I remember reading when the videos had only started.

Explain to me what you would class as a dirtsheet

Most copy and paste websites with the sole intention of delivering rasslin' newz.

Rovy, I know you love meltzer and the newsletter and all that, so I'm not having a go at them, but I think that the speculation about where the Jericho stuff will go should be seen as just that, speculation.

They said Jericho would return, but most of the ones I seen also said he would immediately be entering in to a program with punk. And he clearly didn't.
    So all I'm saying is that I'd say there's one mind at the moment who knows where they want this whole angle to go and thats Jericho.
    Seeing the way he likes to troll the Internet fans, I can't see him telling anyone who is going to spoil the surprise, either.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Fair enough, it must have been his that was posted on here so, cause that's the one I remember reading when the videos had only started.

Doesnt matter at this stage but I did post it. I was more hyped about the Website Warz as those two sites are rather bitchy than the actual reveal itself as I expecting a letdown with Kane or Undertaker making their standard return.

Most copy and paste websites with the sole intention of delivering rasslin' newz.

Copy and paste websites are NOT dirtsheets. Ive seen on other forums and with younger people that somehow the term has become bastardised by people who dont know any better. But dirtsheet is a term used before their was an internet to describe print newsletters hence the word SHEET in the term dirtsheet. Most of the reputable news sites have their roots in print newsletters hence why it is carried on. The only sites that are dirtsheets as you call them:

F4WOnline.com hosting the Wrestling Observer and F4Weekly Newsletters although the latter doesnt have scoops anymore.

PWInsider who have a newsletter but that is more of a collection of news posted that weekly. They prefer to post news as soon as it is confirmed. With Mike Johnson posting news at all hours.

PWTorch which publishes a newsletter but no longer has scoops as Wade doesnt have many sources these days. So their newsletter is analysis and columns. During the Monday Night Wars it was the leading news source.

ProWrestling.Net a Torch spin off site which I dont keep tabs on but used to post the odd titbit on TNA. It doesnt have a newsletter.

While the Wrestlescoop.coms of the world arent dirtsheets as you said they are cut and paste sites. Over Christmas week I read SIX stories falsely attributed to the Wrestling Observer that is the type of stuff you are reading from those places.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Copy and paste websites are NOT dirtsheets. Ive seen on other forums and with younger people that somehow the term has become bastardised by people who dont know any better.

Lol, spot the Observer subscriber! I think to us regular folk, "dirtsheets" are any website that has news/results on wrestling, regardless of it copypasta'ing news from actual news-generating sites 6-12 hours later. I don't think it's worth the pedantry in nomenclature. I'd say it's like arguing over if Backyard Wrestling is actually wrestling; despite it's unprofessionalism etc. It's all the same boat; it's in the genre of wrestling.

Anyway, you guys reckon Jericho'll cut the same no-talking promo next week? How many weeks could he keep not-talking going until the crowd get disinterested?

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Lol, spot the Observer subscriber! I think to us regular folk, "dirtsheets" are any website that has news/results on wrestling, regardless of it copypasta'ing news from actual news-generating sites 6-12 hours later. I don't think it's worth the pedantry in nomenclature. I'd say it's like arguing over if Backyard Wrestling is actually wrestling; despite it's unprofessionalism etc. It's all the same boat; it's in the genre of wrestling.

Regular folk? WTF

Jayk we've done this before: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056369083 you've some weird chip on your shoulder about the Observer for someone reason despite never subscribing for some reason. How do you know if I am being pedantic? At the very least you arent a regular reader so how do you know what is and isnt to be pedantic about. The established news sites are not the same as copy and paste sites. Once again the copy and paste sites either copy & paste in rarely instances or more than usual make up fake news & cite the establish sites for creditability, partial source in which they take one line from the Observer and give it a completely different context or they sex up what Dave and Bryan speculation on a radio show and turn into news. Recently newz sites sourced the Wrestling Observer on stories ranging from Christain returning at TLC to Kelly Kelly planning on leaving WWE soon to WWE taking the title off Punk all of which Dave never reported. They are NOT in the same boat you are delusional if you think otherwise and you are doing the original news source a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Are we having this argument again?

I can easily say that you're painting all "newz" websites with one brush. There are those that take the likes of a throw away comment from PWTorch and turn it into their super hot lead story with no truth to it and sorce PWTorch to fool themselves into thinking they have insider knowledge. Then there are others that double check their news before posting, correctly source news and focus more on the authors opinion on the item. (Yes I'm biased because I write for such a site but my point still stands.)

But that's not what this point is about, I'll stand by what CMPunked said and that noone actually knows where Jericho is going with this at all. It was fairly obvious that Jericho was returning web the videos begun (Mostly because Jericho protested it too much, if he had of remained silent it could have made it more interesting), but from this point on noone from either the dirt sheets, the news sites or the copy-paste sites know can tell us anything we don't already know.

So let's just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

*Yawn*.

I think rovert just likes to argue.

Africa wrote: »
    *Yawn*.

I think rovert just likes to argue.

I share your yawn.

There is no argument cut & pastes and dirtsheets simply arent the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I share your yawn.

There is no argument cut & pastes and dirtsheets simply arent the same thing.

The thing about language is it changes over time
    If enough people think that cut & pastes and dirtsheets are the same thing
    then they are the same thing

Same way if enough people start spelling dirtsheets dirtysheetees
    then that is how it is spelled

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyway, you guys reckon Jericho'll cut the same no-talking promo next week? How many weeks could he keep not-talking going until the crowd get disinterested?

Is that not the desired affect? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Chris Jericho actually flew to WWE headquarters in Connecticut a while back and met with Vince McMahon to map out his return, all while claiming that he would never work with WWE again.

The cryptic videos leading to Jericho’s return were WWE’s Social Networking Department’s idea. Several in the company felt that the campaign as too smart for its own good before they started airing.

During Jericho’s unique return at Monday’s RAW Supershow, people backstage were noting the similarities to the Dynamic Dudes character that John Laurinaitis played years ago.

Most expect Jericho to begin feuding with WWE Champion CM Punk, leading to a WrestleMania match. There is no word yet on exactly how long Jericho is back for but there was speculation going around that he will be involved in a major program after WrestleMania 28 with a match at SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Did anyone think he looked very out of shape and had a big belly on him

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jericho2012_crop_340x234.jpg?1325615767

fwiw don't recall jericho with abs in general in a long time; seems to have lost the midriff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Chong wrote: »
    Did anyone think he looked very out of shape and had a big belly on him

Na, his belly towards the end of his last run he was very bloated looking, now it looks well toned for a 40 odd year old, also the tan helps make it look better.

Advertisement