Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3day<35min10km2012

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

The good points first......
    I went for a run
    I burnt about 200cals

The bad points.......
    Felt bad even in the warm up
    I was secretly hoping I was running into a head wind,
    I was not running into a head wind! Pulled over at about half way.

Why.....
    Stressful week in work
    poor sleep
    Strange foods
    But mostly too many glasses of wine on thursday.

I thought about trying again tomorrow but I would be wiser to leave it as is and move on, so next session is monday.

Heading out now for a ten miler, and a little but of me is looking forward to it! I'll be back in a while for a good moan!

T'was no good, second time in two runs, not sure what the matter is.
    Legs just weren't there, no panic, stay calm and carry on.

Some nice intervals tonight all around the 3.20/km and a little bit more life in the legs. So happy to be getting back in the groove. :)
    Next session friday for some short tempo.

Ran on feel tonight, 10mins fast, 7mins slow, 5mins fast, 7mins slow, 10mins fast.
    Great session, except for a toilet break, thank you mcdonalds :o:o

• Advertisement

A so so week, poor intervals on wednesday, took it out too fast and suffered for it.

Today was a 1:05min run at what felt like a reasonable hard pace. I would doubt I held 4min/km which is the target pace these days.
    I was glad when it was over so maybe it was a good session?
    Legs definitely suffered more than my lungs.

Yesterday was a nice 19mins of hard running, plenty of moaning in the leg department early on, but enjoyable all the same, even felt fresh enough to “run” home!
    In other news I’ve set myself the lofty goal of loosing 1.8kg before my next race. This doesn’t sound like much but it will be resisted tooth and nail!
    Next session will be intervals on Thursday

Down 100g today I will break out the party poppers later!
    So headed out for my intervals this evening, a pure battle of wills just to get to the "track" found it covered with strollers so moved on.
    did actual get a session done, 5x75s with 90s recovery, 5x75s with 120s recovery, I had to stretch the recovery or my session would have gone to pot! Plenty of creaking from the legs which I'm hoping is just growing pains, I must remind myself to take it easy tomorrow.
    So 6 hard sessions for the year, only 4 weeks left to my last target race, I wonder what that will bring?

50Mins tempo run yesterday, my legs didn't feel fresh but the session went ok. Course was a little hilly and exposed but baked in sunshine :)
    I had a strange problem after the session as I couldn't get my heart rate/blood pressure down. I final threw in the towel at 4:30 this morning and took some aspirin which did the trick. Very strange and a little worrying as I already have one heart condition and don't really want to start a collection!
    So today is a planned rest day with some time on the foam roller this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Donelson wrote: »
    50Mins tempo run yesterday, my legs didn't feel fresh but the session went ok. Course was a little hilly and exposed but baked in sunshine :)
    I had a strange problem after the session as I couldn't get my heart rate/blood pressure down. I final threw in the towel at 4:30 this morning and took some aspirin which did the trick. Very strange and a little worrying as I already have one heart condition and don't really want to start a collection!
    So today is a planned rest day with some time on the foam roller this evening.

If your HR is elevated then it's a sign that you are probably overtraining. It would also explain your lack of motivation thread. http://www.restwise.com/ not something that you should use but it may explain more. I use an oximeter to check my resting HR most mornings when I am still in bed so I can see if it is elevated. If it is then I need to take it easyier.

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »
    If your HR is elevated then it's a sign that you are probably overtraining. It would also explain your lack of motivation thread. http://www.restwise.com/ not something that you should use but it may explain more. I use an oximeter to check my resting HR most mornings when I am still in bed so I can see if it is elevated. If it is then I need to take it easyier.

I am making loads of mistakes training wise, but I'm being pig headed about it at the moment. I do intend to step back at the end of the season and make a fair judgement on how it's all gone.
    Do I think I'm over training, I don't actually know. Could I hold this intensity for more than a hand full of weeks, Nope, not a hope! I am lucky in that I rarely get injured so I'm on the look out for fatigue.

Can you run under 35/mins for 10km on 3 running days a week, I believe so! Can you do it with a BMI of 24, for me no, so that has got to give.

Re recovery Apps, restwise looks very good, I have also looked at the ithlete system which measures heart rate variability to determine recovery.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hrvfit.ithlete&hl=en

But I don't know if I'm ready for either just yet! as I miss some of the freedom I had last year to just train my brains out :pac:

To sign off on a positive note....... This body has never failed me! it's me holding it back, now if only I'd get out of the way! :D

Short tempo tonight, 5:30 fast, 7:30 slow, 12:30 fast, 7:30 slow, 5:30 fast. The first one was a little ragged as my leg weren't fully warm.
    This is turning into my favorite session, not because it's easy, but because it takes the least out of me, I feel like I could do it all again tomorrow!
    Next session is intervals on wednesday.

I've gone to bed, resting up after a tough session in the wind and rain. Intervals were completely impractical tonight so I swapped them for a mixed pace session of about 10km.
    Legs felt heavy and I felt like I was working quite hard, never really got warm so a good few niggles and a little light popping from my left knee.

Next run session is a 105min bruiser on friday, I'm going to bring the garmin, but I won't look at it until the end of the season. I'm not sure if it can tell me anything useful so close to the end, but it could easy take the wind out of my sails.

I didn't run yesterday,
    the weather man said it would rain, it did but conditions weren't bad.
    I thought I was coming down with a head cold, it's only a sniffle.
    I left the gamin in work, I don't need a gamin to run.

I'm annoyed about all of the above!

Ps I'm now annoyed that I'm not more annoyed!

later: recorded hr lying down fully rested 39 I'll keep an eye on this each running day for until race day.

I have to laugh at my last post :rolleyes: I spent the start of the week as sick as a dog with an ear / sinus infection.
    So the weeks training so far has been a set of intervals and I'm heading out for a long tempo 50mins now.

At the moment I don't think there is another PB in me for this year.

I actuall wrote an update on tuesday but it was eaten by the internet :(

50min run was pretty hard so took it easy tuesday as I was still a little stiff and sore.
    Got out this evening for a tt at race pace 6min/miles for 5km. got there but I was having to push pretty hard.
    Based on that McMillan is giving me a 38:25 for the 10km this weekend which I would be very disappointed with If I'm honest.
    In other news I saw a few 65.XXkg on the scales during the week so there is a little progress being made.

Next week I'm starting a new thread and my working title is going to be Sub 35min 10k before I die!

Final thought, running a sub35min 10km is harder than it looks :)

A Year in review!
    1) Running a sub 59min 15km in training and loving ever minute of it.
    2) One 3rd place result and one Catagory Win in local 10Km's.
    3) 2 new PB's, five mile & 10km.
    4) two Triathlon, one of which was an Oly, open water swimming pppfff, tis easssyyy!
    5) one grand tour on the bike, 600km in 5 days.
    6) 4kg leaner than last January.
    7) 155 posts on my training log.

I didn't get with in an asses' roar of my goal, so the whole year was a pointless waste of time! :pac:

Advertisement