Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lair V.4 (now with the run-up to Christmas and BadGirl breaking it!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I can't imagine them being very tasty!
    I'll try anything once. Evening hope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yea....no

rasher cupcakes sound a bit eww.

on the other hand the last christmas pud just came out the steamer. my house smells christmassy. the mincepies are on tomorrows agenda along with more re-decoration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

BadGirl wrote: »
    I was thinking about this just now, and i reckon they could be. You could make the cupcake batter savoury, with sausage and bacon bits, and then maybe some philadelphia soft cheese or equivalent as 'icing' be like a breakfast bagel or something..... hmmmmm

Noooooooooooooooo!!
    Euw!

In other news, I acquired my great aunts tea brack recipe and will give it a go on Tuesday!

Yessssssssssssss!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yessssssssssssss!!!

You like tea brack? :P

You like tea brack? :P

no not particularly. which is odd since i like christmas pudding. but then i don't like christmas cake either. i think, although i may be wrong, that it is down to the texture/dryness of cake/brack v pudding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

hdowney wrote: »
    no not particularly. which is odd since i like christmas pudding. but then i don't like christmas cake either. i think, although i may be wrong, that it is down to the texture/dryness of cake/brack v pudding

Tea brack needs to be moist...

(got i HATE that word!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I dislike christmas pud, mince pies and christmas cake. Pretty much most christmas foods! I don't mind brack though. Just happened across the recipe and decided to give it a go as it looks easy. *famous last words*

BadGirl wrote: »
    Tea brack needs to be moist...

(got i HATE that word!)

i have NEVER had moist tea brack. perhaps that is the problem
    I dislike christmas pud, mince pies and christmas cake. Pretty much most christmas foods! I don't mind brack though. Just happened across the recipe and decided to give it a go as it looks easy. *famous last words*

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i am dissapoint

With you on that! Hate christmas pud and mince pies! Yuck!! Gonna make gingerbread men this week!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

*Poke*

• Advertisement

*Poke*

you not working tonite?

45 minutes before I must be off.

45 minutes before I must be off.

ah not in so early tonite so. :)

No, that was a one time only thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

please. what is tea brack?

I have no idea

I'll go ask Hopey.

She would probably know

Deki wrote: »

halloween_tea_brack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Deki wrote: »

* puts baking hat on * its a rich fruitcake that you can slice and is normally eaten with a bit of butter on it, brambrack is normally made for hallowen and traditonally has a ring and a penny hidden in it, whoever finds the ring will supposedly get engaged/married within the next 12 months and whoever finds the penny will always have money

http://www.dochara.com/the-irish/food-recipes/irish-tea-brack/

heres a recipe if you feel like doing some baking:D

• Advertisement

That certainly looks good, I may try that sometime soon. Thanks guys.

Happy monday :(

ic7mfd.jpg

New Lair! :)

Morning all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Morning all....

To tired to work and almost missed the last train from Bog-land last night :/

I cant believe BG broke the old lair :( i miss it so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Morning lairlings. So very tired. Got up at half 7 this morning. I'd forgotten there was a half 7 in the morning. :pac:

Had to get my nieces ready for school but one of them was sick this morning so I ended up having to clean up after that... fun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jaysis, Lairs breaking all over the place these days it seems.

Jaysis, Lairs breaking all over the place these days it seems.

We are a chatty lot :D:D

How's everyone this morning? I just had a huge cuppa tea so starting to feel a bit awake and more human :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I still can't believe we're already back up to 6 pages!

Good morning one and all.

• Advertisement

wish this cold would just pish off now.

morning all lair4lings :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement