Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes. the one bit I couldn't figure out was the cubby hole over the dash which has a rubber mat with screws hidden underneath. Other than that it's all very straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes. the one bit I couldn't figure out was the cubby hole over the dash which has a rubber mat with screws hidden underneath. Other than that it's all very straightforward.

Cool. I have to fit a xcarlink adaptor to one, so it involves stereo out and running the adaptor down behind and into the cubby hole below the stereo

Yeah it's handy enough, just be careful you don't mark the plastics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Ate best use a hammer and chisel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have dash removal tools so makes things a lot easier to remove and less chance of marking ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

BDJW wrote: »
    Cool. I have to fit a xcarlink adaptor to one, so it involves stereo out and running the adaptor down behind and into the cubby hole below the stereo

Them xcarlink ipod adapters are great, put one in the Auris last week. Ran it to the top glove box. Only cost me 30 quid on ebay. Radio controls now work the ipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OSI wrote: »
    True, but the first MINI wasn't released till 2001, Rover was already in a pretty poor state in 1994, so BMW would have had 7 years of pumping money into a hemorraging company, while spending millions on the development of the MINI.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_Group#Corporate_history

Aye but they bought the company for next to nothing (knowing very well what state it was in - the last remaining British mass manufacturer - cough :D) and they also sold Landrover for a tidy sum I would assume. Some cynicists say BMW never really had any plans with the Rover brand itself. They wanted the cream of the group

The profits from MINI are huge and will probably continue for years, if not decades. There will be smaller cheaper FWD BMWs based on the MINI and BMW successfully sold the platform / engines to third parties as well.

It isn't for nothing that BMW is the most profitable car company in private ownership in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

@ -Corkie- Do you own a 07D A8? Living in Cork? Taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Rant:
    What's with people parking their car next to yours in a virtually empty car park?

I was in Blanchardstown on Monday, loads of spaces available. I pick a nice space with 2-3 car spaces free on all sides. No sooner had I parked the car when another car parks right up to my passenger door. The guy could barely squeeze out of his car he was so close.

Rant over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

ongarite wrote: »
    What's with people parking their car next to yours in a virtually empty car park?

It's something to do with herd mentality and security in numbers. It's mainly instinct, not logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Another Octavia post:D

I saw a 2010 MK1 Octavia today and I've see a couple of 08-09 ones before too even though the MK2 came out in 2005.

On such a high selling car it couldn't be over stocked vehicles...especially not 5 odd years worth.

Is the MK 1 still being officially sold/imported?

I saw a 2010 MK1 Octavia today and I've see a couple of 08-09 ones before too even though the MK2 came out in 2005.

On such a high selling car it couldn't be over stocked vehicles...especially not 5 odd years worth.

They were available new up until early 09 I think so it's probably some left over stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

They made a model called the Octavia Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I remember reading about it before, possibly here.Was officially being sold until then, had a model name and all?

edit:Feck ya EPM :p

Tour is the best thing that ever happened to Irish taxi drivers. Especially those stripped out yellow ones :D

unkel wrote: »
    Tour is the best thing that ever happened to Irish taxi drivers. Especially those stripped out yellow ones :D

Remember the yellow taxi fabia estates in some bizzare spec that used to be around dublin too

Yeah, thankfully I never got into any of them. I'd almost prefer to go into a 90s Toyota taxi over one of them. Well, almost :)

My vRS is gone up for sale online and it's described as an RS4:o

Felt laaaaad

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »
    My vRS is gone up for sale online and it's described as an RS4:o

Well he could have had it sold without the need for an embarrassing ad

In other news I'm at home sick............feel sorry for me

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Well he could have had it sold without the need for an embarrassing ad