Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dartz wrote: »
    Question?

High beams on an unlit motorway, with traffic in the opposing carriageway?

Any traffic ahead of you? I don't think high beams have the same cutoff pattern to prevent blinding drivers on the other side of the road either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

if i can see his lights he can see mine so definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

Ah, right so. That explains all the flashing truckers.

But **** me if I couldn't see ****all on the normal setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Question?

You're still blinding people. Once you have anyone in front of you, even miles away (blinding them via mirrors) or going the opposite direction, no matter what type of road, high beams are a NO NO.

/M

Ah, right so. That explains all the flashing truckers.

But **** me if I couldn't see ****all on the normal setting.

Get better bulbs. I got H7s from Lidl and they make a real difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd start by ensuring your lights are clean first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Question?

No need for them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Question?

No need for them

I can't see sh1t in the dark, and I've never used my main beams on a motorway. Been startled by fcukckers coming in the opposite direction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

R.O.R wrote: »
    I can't see sh1t in the dark, and I've never used my main beams on a motorway. Been startled by fcukckers coming in the opposite direction though.

Did you make it to the meet today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Did you make it to the meet today?

He did - navy 5 series

• Advertisement

TheBazman wrote: »
    He did - navy 5 series

Good god I missed a lot of cars and people today :(

Good god I missed a lot of cars and people today :(

Nevermind. I don't know who half of the people are, that I've been speaking with including you :) It's ok though, as I'm crap with names anyhow.

Honestly. Try to turn up to the likes of the Cars and Coffee in Cherrywood. You never get to talk to all of the people, nor see all cars, nor remember half of it.

Then add the fact, that the car park was already filled partially by random people and another car meet suddenly mixed in and you don't know who's belonging to what anymore. I'm just my confused self. Upside down on the passenger seat of a Lexus that talks japanese. :D

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    Nevermind. I don't know who half of the people are, that I've been speaking with including you :) It's ok though, as I'm crap with names anyhow.

Honestly. Try to turn up to the likes of the Cars and Coffee in Cherrywood. You never get to talk to all of the people, nor see all cars, nor remember half of it.

Then add the fact, that the car park was already filled partially by random people and another car meet suddenly mixed in and you don't know who's belonging to what anymore. I'm just my confused self. Upside down on the passenger seat of a Lexus that talks japanese. :D

/M

If it makes a difference, I was wearing a black Rammstein jacket. I don't think I was actually talking to you though, more so in a group whom you had in stitches laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Lovely morning ,

Up at 6:30

Into hospital to wait for an hour.

Got sedated a bit ( insert blank hour here )

Wake up with soar troat and incredibly dizzy. Can't stand straight !

Great start to the week !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Lovely morning ,

That explains everything so. You should have told us you do that every morning..

:pac:

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Lovely morning ,

Endoscopy?

heres a question ive always wondered, why are most fast saloon cars like the m5,m6 etc limited to 155mph?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Gentlemens agreement to stop one upmanship.

heres a question ive always wondered, why are most fast saloon cars like the m5,m6 etc limited to 155mph?

It's a voluntary limit by the german car industry. That way, the german government didn't even consider to start limiting the german Autobahn :)

/M

thanks lads, is it only german cars so?

• Advertisement

thanks lads, is it only german cars so?

Yes, mainly. Others might have adopted it since. Jap cars (JDM) are limited to 180 km/h by law.

/M

Anyone ever considered covering their car with stickers? Want to do something interesting with mine without coughing up for paint or a wrap. I've considered the rat-look but an Alfa isn't meant for that, seems to be more VAGs and Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

:confused:

Confab wrote: »
    Anyone ever considered covering their car with stickers? Want to do something interesting with mine without coughing up for paint or a wrap. I've considered the rat-look but an Alfa isn't meant for that, seems to be more VAGs and Mercs.

An Alfa isn't meant for stickers either ;)

I can just about stand the tax/nct/insurance thing in my car!

Would another reason for cars being limited to 155mph be that they tyres they are specced with are only able to cope with a certain speed?

Would another reason for cars being limited to 155mph be that they tyres they are specced with are only able to cope with a certain speed?

I heard that mentioned on one or two programs or magazines over the years.

No. Tyres have their own speed and weight rating and you need to buy accordingly to the weight of your car and the speeds you are going to be driving at.

A lot of tyres are even rated for a lot less than 155 mph/250 km/h.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You have to be trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Plastidip? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Sure do a small panel and report back. They can be taken off if you don't like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'd say it'd look alright tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement