Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Wait, is paintdoctor dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

barura wrote: »
    Wait, is paintdoctor dead?

He's been reincarnated as Owen. Lovely name that. Even if he's spelled it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

EPM wrote: »
    He's been reincarnated as Owen. Lovely name that. Even if he's spelled it wrong.

That's not what you said originally :pac:

johnos1984 wrote: »
    That's not what you said originally :pac:

Ninja fail

Oh right! That makes sense so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

No he aint dead, i even touched wood when i typed it!

Yes wood, yano that stuff doors,tables and morgan cars are made from

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

... i even touched wood when i typed it!

Pardon me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

He's a good looking guy alan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

i even touched wood when i typed it!
    Everyone else was on their best behaviour so this thread wouldn't get locked and YOU TYPE THAT SMUT :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2580103

Why can't some people hold a camera parallel to the horizon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Anyhoo... back to off-topic car chat! Have we missed the boat regarding Audi Quattro's hitting their rock bottom prices? They seem to be on the increase in the sterling stakes. Anyone here brave enough to have pounced? And can I have a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

i even touched wood when i typed it!

Interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Argh, still don't know what car to go for and don't want to start another thread about it. Budget is around €1500, max 1.6 (for insurance), don't have kids and would like a driver's car - i.e, no Opels, Hyundais or feckin' Renaults.

Ideas:

Focus Mk1 1.6 hatch
    Puma 1.6
    MX-5 1.6 NA/NB
    Alfa 156 1.6

What else?

Confab wrote: »
    Argh, still don't know what car to go for and don't want to start another thread about it. Budget is around €1500, max 1.6 (for insurance), don't have kids and would like a driver's car - i.e, no Opels, Hyundais or feckin' Renaults.

Ideas:

Focus Mk1 1.6 hatch
    Puma 1.6
    MX-5 1.6 NA/NB
    Alfa 156 1.6

What else?
    MX-5. Why are you even asking? Just get it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

barura wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2580103

Why can't some people hold a camera parallel to the horizon?

Something about that doesn't add up.
    the only reason it is for sale is that she wants to get a diesel for the millege she is doing.

May swap for something Diesel such as a TDI, D4D Corolla, GT TDI etc.

Need this gone as new car bought!

a 2litre corrado is insurable and within your budget... One was posted here with NCT for a year at a price of 1250 IIRC a few days ago.

Ideas:

Focus Mk1 1.6 hatch
    Puma 1.6
    MX-5 1.6 NA/NB
    Alfa 156 1.6

What else?

You're judging Opels on the runt of the litter? Madness.

What do you mean drivers car? If you're tootling about town it won't make a difference. His old will you go?

A €1500 MX5 is defo a buyer be very aware issue.

RoverJames wrote: »
    A €1500 MX5 is defo a buyer be very aware issue.
    That is true...
    Hmm... how about a Mk 1 MR2?

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    That is true...
    Hmm... how about a Mk 1 MR2?

For the guy that spun a Corsa?

• Advertisement

Ideas:

Focus Mk1 1.6 hatch
    Puma 1.6
    MX-5 1.6 NA/NB
    Alfa 156 1.6

What else?
    Hey, cause I'm such a nice guy, I found the link on DoneDeal: http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2654461

Very insurable car... I could get insured on one of these and not a 1.6 Volvo V40. ****ing... bah.

For the guy that spun a Corsa?
    He spun a Corsa? OK... Boring Focus it is then!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Marlow wrote: »
    Sure. But only 2 that are sort of reliable and one that might be fun to drive .. ah well, ok, the Tempra is also fun to drive, when it doesn't brake down or falls apart.

5-series: E34, E39, E60 ?

Oh ... I'm Martin, but that doesn't matter, as most people call me also Marlow in real life. And I'm addicted to fuel-fumes and engine noise. :p

/M

Hi Martin :D

The Tempra never broke down. Ever. It's an ex-taxi. Ran 100k miles exclusively on LPG. 13 years here with us. Nothing fell off or broke. I crashed it and repaired it when I was 15. Still starts like the day we got it. Sure it's as slow as a wet week but it handles pretty well for what it is. The most reliable car we have ever had here at the house and believe me, between me and my dad we have had a lot of cars pass through our yard :D

The 2 Bravos never let me down either :D But then again, the work maintaining is a bit more than average... I built both from shells ;)

The Sporting is a heap of crap :mad: and its yellow. Misery :(

The Vectra fried its clutch for no reason :(

Didn't drive the Polo enough to form an opinion yet. But its very very clean and well minded for its age :)

The Fester is rotten with rust. Often fails to start when it gets damp and I have to get one of the Fiats to jump start it. That really annoys people to see that :D

The BMW breaks my heart, I've had it 5 years since I was 16. Its my dream car :) wonkey electrics, rust, often doesn't start due to a damp dizzy... A parts bin of new parts went into it and it still refuses to play nicely! But I love it and would never part with it :D Its an E34, 1989. Auto. In Diamond Schwartz. And no german plates :D

So what have you got yourself? :)

He spun a Corsa? OK... Boring Focus it is then!!! :D

I didn't spin a Corsa! The back let go at full power on a very wet Bewley's Hotel roundabout at the end of the N32. It self-corrected and was fine. Nearly pissed my pants though.
    How old will you go?

Oldest about maybe '95 if it's really good.

I didn't spin a Corsa! The back let go at full power on a very wet Bewley's Hotel roundabout at the end of the N32. It self-corrected and was fine. Nearly pissed my pants though.
    It's a RWD Corsa? :p

It's a RWD Corsa? :p

Well, liftoff oversteer, low grip and the back passenger wheel might've left the ground...

Edit: Just found my dream car:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2645616

View2-8422236.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Full power! :eek:

All 52 BHP :p .....lol

Sorry mate....couldn't resist :pac:

Well, liftoff oversteer, low grip and the back passenger wheel might've left the ground...

Some Snap Oversteer from my MR2 from Friday just gone...;)

took abit to keep her from hitting the barrier...one of the Galway lads said it's a lethal corner and notorious for spinout especially bikes.

Some Snap Oversteer from my MR2 from Friday just gone...;)

took abit to keep her from hitting the barrier...one of the Galway lads said it's a lethal corner and notorious for spinout especially bikes.

Nicely controlled!

• Advertisement

Nicely controlled!

First oversteer (I wasn't expecting, that is :) ) and as I was going pretty slow....hence the 'oh ****' reaction..now time to spec up the back tyres...need some 225/50's on the rear I reckons...the last lad stuck on 195's all round :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement