Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I hate Top gear, those three old men should be sacked in exchange for a younger persons point of view. Hammand is so bloody scripted, it's like everything he says he planned to say it 6 months ago. Clarkson is one of those people who I'd love to knock out. The other fella is abit strange and his personality does not really fit the show. I want the old Top gear from the 90's back.

Why does 'Dave' and 'Setanta' always show episodes from 2004'?

BMW e46's are oil leaking, coolant dripping, bottom ball joint knocking piles of premium sh!te!

The old Skoda jokes from years ago are still fresh in my mind and I secretly laugh everytime I see an Octavia.

I love LASAGNE.

My neughbours daughter is a foookn roide!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

[QUOTE=mondeo;75590506]I hate Top gear, those three old men should be sacked in exchange for a younger persons point of view. Hammand is so bloody scripted, it's like everything he says he planned to say it 6 months ago. Clarkson is one of those people who I'd love to knock out. The other fella is abit strange and his personality does not really fit the show. I want the old Top gear from the 90's back.

BMW e46's are oil leaking, coolant dripping, bottom ball joint knocking piles of premium sh!te!

The old Skoda jokes from years ago are still fresh in my mind and I secretly laugh everytime I see an Octavia.

I love LASAGNE.

:)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hate on Top Gear but I completely agree on the scripted thing, he says everything in that same annoying voice all the time... James May I think tries to be more clever than he is and Clarkson well I used to laugh at him but now it's just painful listening to him.

I laugh everytime I see somebody driving a big '07/'08 Range Rover petrol yoke just thinking of how worthless that car is or how a BMW 645ci is also worth sweet fcuk all too.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Have you seen the american Top Gear. Its baaad, very, very, very baaaad. It was on BBC3 the other night, tried wantching it, gave up after 30 mins......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

mondeo wrote: »
    I hate Top gear, those three old men should be sacked in exchange for a younger persons point of view. Hammand is so bloody scripted, it's like everything he says he planned to say it 6 months ago. Clarkson is one of those people who I'd love to knock out. The other fella is abit strange and his personality does not really fit the show. I want the old Top gear from the 90's back.

I love LASAGNE.

:)

New thread title? Mondeos neighbours daughter...bit too AH.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cosmo K wrote: »
    Have you seen the american Top Gear. Its baaad, very, very, very baaaad. It was on BBC3 the other night, tried wantching it, gave up after 30 mins......

Saw the same episode. Christ it was awful.

• Advertisement

Woeful show. Makes the Irish efforts look good.

Audi Q7's.

I detest them more than any other car. I think they are a symbol of gross excess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

EPM wrote: »
    Audi Q7's.

I detest them more than any other car. I think they are a symbol of gross excess.

Great if you wanna look like a drug dealer though. One with no taste.

Any pics of that Buer next door to you Mondeo? Perhaps sitting a car to keep it relevant? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Oh where are my manners...

Hi, I'm Mal :)

I drive a rattly, squeaky blue van which is disappearing for the winter... :eek:

Every car I've insured under my own name, I've had to put together :rolleyes:

I have an unhealthy obsession with collecting cars, cut down this year to just 7 under my name

In my spare time I only work on my current collection, somehow...

I don't really do anything else, except college schtuff

I have a sweet tooth and as a result have lost a tooth, have 12 fillings and 2 root canals. Costly...

I hate most modern music...

I learned to drive at 12 and got my first car at 15 :)

Er I think that's a decent insight into my tunnel vision lifestyle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Audi Q7's.

Been in a few of them and was so disappointed, hated the exterior but I found the interior to be quite small for a car that was so big. It was on 20 inch wheels too and the ride was crap. Oh and it cost over €100k!

Disgusting thing. Volvo XC90 is so much better.

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Oh where are my manners...

Hi, I'm Mal :)

I drive a rattly, squeaky blue van which is disappearing for the winter... :eek:

Every car I've insured under my own name, I've had to put together :rolleyes:

I have an unhealthy obsession with collecting cars, cut down this year to just 7 under my name

In my spare time I only work on my current collection, somehow...

I don't really do anything else, except college schtuff

I have a sweet tooth and as a result have lost a tooth, have 12 fillings and 2 root canals. Costly...

I hate most modern music...

I learned to drive at 12 and got my first car at 15 :)

Er I think that's a decent insight into my tunnel vision lifestyle :D

You're worse than Marlow!

What else you got?

Motors I take.... :pac:

Er 2 Fiat Bravos
    Opel Vectra
    VW Polo
    2 Ford Fiestas (one Fiesta, the Polo and Vectra were from barura :D)
    BMW 525i
    Fiat Punto Sporting
    Fiat Tempra

Ah feck, thats 9 cars.... Calculation fail! :(

Mind me asking why ?

Tempra are rare these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Is that you in your avatar.

Hello dgt i am mal too...

MugMugs wrote: »
    Mind me asking why ?

All the cars? Runs in the family ;)

Theres actually 2 here :)

The ones that do survive are late model diesels. The 1.6 was a brilliant engine, but goodness it was desperate slow when catalysts were introduced... Yes both here are petrols :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Oh? Formal greetings?

Hi I'm Joe. I drive a Polo 999cc. :pac:

I try and find you lot cheap cars to buy in the bangernomics thread a lot.

I've owned 3 Polo's, a vectra, a pug 106, a fiesta and a Rover 214.

And I've had a full licence....8 months? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im projectgtr ive two civics one is daily driven and sees the track as much as possible each year, the other is a project waiting on me to finish my Pajero Project before it can be moved into my man cave.

Looking at something fun to replace the other civic when its done, either something jap in the kei class (660cc turbo :D) or fun RWD like an MX-5

Ive met a few regulars, think i met a mod? Lightening??but i have to say i was worse for wear that night and probably waffled the ear off you that night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

-Corkie- wrote: »

You can call him......cantstandya;)

Haven't seen a Tempra in ages, I worked in a Fiat dealership in the arly 90's, I remember, some Tempra's had an electronic dash....really like that back then, looking back, it was probably a bit tacky.....

So anyway.

I got up early on Saturday morning and left Fundalk and headed to Donegal (Bundoran)

I was quite impressed with what I got out of the car. Went up through Monaghan and into Enniskillen and down to Bundoran in about 2 hours which is awesome. I hadn't brimmed the car but had her on 3 quarters full and when I pulled into the drive at home that night I was bang on half a tank with 281 Miles on the clock round trip.

Now 60 Litre tank / 4 = 15. What would my MPG have been ?

By the way, This was with two Kayaks in the boot, two people and some kayaking gear. I'm quite impressed with Betty.

ps - This is what we did with our Kayaks when we got there. This is me coming down Duff falls :D

facebook_50022.jpg

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »

Hello dgt i am mal too...

I couldn't find a picture of arthur daley :p
    You can call him......cantstandya;)

Haven't seen a Tempra in ages, I worked in a Fiat dealership in the arly 90's, I remember, some Tempra's had an electronic dash....really like that back then, looking back, it was probably a bit tacky.....

Well I get to see one every day ;) however the last one I saw was a 1.9TD last year. They got very dated looking very quick when replaced by the Marea

Ah yes, way ahead of their time :) And the electrics in some cases :( The digtal dashes were called.... dgt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

projectgtr wrote: »
    Im projectgtr ive two civics one is daily driven and sees the track as much as possible each year, the other is a project waiting on me to finish my Pajero Project before it can be moved into my man cave.

Looking at something fun to replace the other civic when its done, either something jap in the kei class (660cc turbo :D) or fun RWD like an MX-5

Ive met a few regulars, think i met a mod? Lightening??but i have to say i was worse for wear that night and probably waffled the ear off you that night :D

Whatever you do don't go for mx5! Only hairdressers go for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Now 60 Litre tank / 4 = 15. What would my MPG have been ?
    .com/albums/i328/transiti0n/facebook_50022.jpg[/IMG]

15L = 3.299 imp gallons which means 81mpg. What were you driving? My mpg is high teens/low 20s (I wish).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is 30-33 mpg normal for a 2.0(not euroR) Accord?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Mugsmugs, I'd treat a fuel guage with a pinch of salt. I throw 20 quid into my car it says I've half a tank. It costs 70 quid to brim it. That's pretty inaccurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Whatever you do don't go for mx5! Only hairdressers go for them!

Hows Peter Marks working out for you so ;)

Marcusm wrote: »
    15L = 3.299 imp gallons which means 81mpg. What were you driving? My mpg is high teens/low 20s (I wish).
    barura wrote: »
    Mugsmugs, I'd treat a fuel guage with a pinch of salt. I throw 20 quid into my car it says I've half a tank. It costs 70 quid to brim it. That's pretty inaccurate!

Yeah, I'd agree.

81MPG would be a bit too good.

2.0 D-4D Avensis.

I'll brim her next time. :)

Yeah, I'd agree.

81MPG would be a bit too good.

2.0 D-4D Avensis.

I'll brim her next time. :)

My first quarter is usually about a third of a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

166man wrote: »
    What's up with the lack of snow? I was looking forward to it.. Stupid global warming!

I haven't got the Audi out of hibernation yet, that's why there is no snow :D
    What's wrong with 3er coupé? eh?! EH!!!???! :p

There isn't enough space in a 3er coupe. Actually, scratch that, there isn't enough space in a 3-series full stop.
    Gary ITR wrote: »
    Both the taxi to and from the Nightclub had airbag lights on, the first was a Superb that had the added 'drum kit' front suspension, second was a Primera

So, not worth stealing for doing a bit of airbagging then.

You're worse than Marlow!

I heard that !!! :D

Sounds familiar.
    Er 2 Fiat Bravos
    Opel Vectra
    VW Polo
    2 Ford Fiestas (one Fiesta, the Polo and Vectra were from barura :D)
    BMW 525i
    Fiat Punto Sporting
    Fiat Tempra

Ah feck, thats 9 cars.... Calculation fail! :(

Sure. But only 2 that are sort of reliable and one that might be fun to drive .. ah well, ok, the Tempra is also fun to drive, when it doesn't brake down or falls apart.

5-series: E34, E39, E60 ?

Oh ... I'm Martin, but that doesn't matter, as most people call me also Marlow in real life. And I'm addicted to fuel-fumes and engine noise. :p

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

But but Ardennes astra love :( i did two college assignments yesterday but by far the best thing i did was start this thread....which has lasted 9 pages so far without a bitch fight. Kudos ladies :)

Hi again im steven....ya already knew that

I drive a cadette.....ya already knew that

And i live near a pokey ol place that is cork airport.

You may call in before your flight.....but only if you bring me back somethin!

And the only regular from motors ive ever seen was paintdoctor god rest his soul

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement