Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I've gotten the itch for a cheap classic run around again

I've been dreaming of a Fiat UNO for something a little different for some reason
    Black 3 door turbo on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

conzymaher wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose, just this weekend some dickhead crashed into it and I was grand about the whole thing

Yeah, bloody Skodas!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

langdang wrote: »
    Black 3 door turbo on donedeal.
    1.4l TD on Spanish plates ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Nothing really. I've just had a fun car every summer for the past few years for pulling apart or just for the safe of it. A fiat cinq sporting might be nice.

I currently have no money so not overly worried about actually doing this

Funny you mention this, We've had one abandoned out the back of work(beside a passat:P) since last November. It needed some work which the owner didn't want to spend the money on and we haven't hear anything from them since:rolleyes:

I paid it no attention, as, in general, one wouldn't perk my interest in the slightest...but I had to move it the other day and now I think it may be worth saving......its a 98....with 23000 miles, its original Pirelli P7's still like new, interior like new, service book/owners manual etc all still in the glove box:eek: The exterior is almost pink its so faded but there is not a single dent or scratch worth mentioning on it!

So, worth saving as a future classic??

So, worth saving as a future classic??
    I'd think so :)

Have you any further details on it? PM me about it

I really shouldn't though :(

• Advertisement

I'd think so :)

Have you any further details on it? PM me about it

I really shouldn't though :(

If I can get a hold of the logbook I think this one will be coming home with me to get tucked away in a corner of the garage:D

As for details...urm,not really, the owners details where in last years diary....which is gone:rolleyes: I'm working on it ATM though.

I'll expect to find DGT lurking around the garage once he reads this:eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

166man wrote: »
    We had this car for a weekend test drive way back in '04 before Dad bought his one. Fairly overpriced but a very rare car over here anyway.

The seats in my van are from a 156 I remember sitting in when I was 9. It was a demo car in Tractamotors in 1999, I'm sure some other posters here might remember it too. I remember the car well, 99D7xxx, pearly coloured, dealer plate surround with stickers and it was a V6. Very unusual to say the least especially in those times. I remember marvelling at the chrome pipes going from the plenum into the cylinders, how fresh the engine looked in a sparkling engine bay, all caps a different colour, each depicting a different purpose. Twas "the top of the range one" according to a chap that used to work there.

I was shocked and very sad to see it in the scrap yard in 2010, engine dirty, interior grubby and smashed, dented, chipped, skirts hanging off, bumper in bits, generally worn out. I got the momos and when I came back the next week to take more off the car, I was told it had been crushed.

It was as if a piece of my childhood was being taken and broken apart infront of me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I sanded off that grey primer. Il give it a soapy wash also to tidy it up. I still cant belive I used the wrong primer. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

If I can get a hold of the logbook I think this one will be coming home with me to get tucked away in a corner of the garage:D

As for details...urm,not really, the owners details where in last years diary....which is gone:rolleyes: I'm working on it ATM though.

I'll expect to find DGT lurking around the garage once he reads this:eek::P

Sounds interesting that Cinq.... ;)

I may be getting my old Sei back in due time though! :D

It's a hoot for a 899, I miss it at times!

Dam it :D

At least your saving me from myself. They are a hoot to drive

• Advertisement

Dam it :D

At least your saving me from myself. They are a hoot to drive

Despite its otherwise perfect condition, its not quite a drive away car....the rad is p1ssing coolant and the HG is gone.

Despite its otherwise perfect condition, its not quite a drive away car....the rad is p1ssing coolant and the HG is gone.

They all do that Sir

I had a friend take one all the way to 180k miles:eek:

They all do that Sir

I had a friend take one all the way to 180k miles:eek:

No reason that they couldn't do much more then that.

I wouldn't be worried about the rad and HG, they are easy fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I sanded off that grey primer. Il give it a soapy wash also to tidy it up. I still cant belive I used the wrong primer. :o

I can! :eek::eek::eek:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Just wait till I go to one of them motor meets, I walk up to you and let off a party popper into you ear. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Beat me to it. :P

No reason that they couldn't do much more then that.
    His car was very original though. Servicing was something prostitutes did according to him

His car was very original though. Servicing was something prostitutes did according to him

For cars that are supposedly so unreliable, I knew someone who had a fiat Bravo when they were new, they had it 7 years without any issue, despite the fact that the only time it went near a garage was to have petrol put in it!:eek:

For cars that are supposedly so unreliable, I knew someone who had a fiat Bravo when they were new, they had it 7 years without any issue, despite the fact that the only time it went near a garage was to have petrol put in it!:eek:

I bet the next owner never bought another FIAT due to how shyte it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

No way, he must have been serving it on the sly if it was the 1.4 12v! I had one and loved it, but that would bite you in the ass if it wasn't keep in squeaky clean oil!

Johnos, only skimmed that ad for the uno, can't believe I read fiat uno turbo instead of fiat uno diesel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

355vax.jpg

langdang wrote: »
    No way, he must have been serving it on the sly if it was the 1.4 12v! I had one and loved it, but that would bite you in the ass if it wasn't keep in squeaky clean oil!

Johnos, only skimmed that ad for the uno, can't believe I read fiat uno turbo instead of fiat uno diesel?

It was the 12v....and no, she most certainly wasn't having it serviced. Every time I said it to here she said 'why would I bring it to a garage when there is nothing wrong with it?':rolleyes:

The tomorrow is the day that ive be dreding for the last 36 weeks. :(

The tomorrow is the day that ive be dreding for the last 36 weeks. :(

Are you having a baby?

Are you having a baby?

No

No

What else takes nice months of fear?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

What else takes nice months of fear?
    End of college year and knowing:-
    1. Exams are coming up and fuk all study is done....or
    2. Last installment of the Grant has been pulverised;)

There is still 9 good hours of cramming to make up for all the fun during the year

no.
    no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

There is still 9 good hours of cramming to make up for all the fun during the year
    Euphemism?
    Thats something like Stiffler out of American Pie would say:D.. On that subject Im kinda looking forward to seeing the latest one. Yes we all know the format but i need to get over all the epic titanic stuff recently with some humour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement