Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biker wave

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm out on the bike everyday, it's my only mode of transport, and while I'm always nodding and waving and leg shaking and fist pumping and all the rest of it at other bikes, in the past month since the bad rain came down I've seen 3 bikes on my way to and from work so I'm all on my lonesome until Spring I'd say.

I meet the same fella on a deauville quite regularly and I always get the same look of "what are you nodding at?" when I go by him.

If other road users pull in to let me pass (rare, despite the fact that 80% of my drive involves a wide road with a hard shoulder) I give them the thumbs up.

I'm that eejit that waves at bikes when I'm walking down the street or if I see someone with a helmet they're immediately my mate or if I'm on the road and I'm not going to or from work and I see a few lads out for a spin I just catch up to them and go with them for a blast.

I love the fact that you feel like you're part of this big community and when someone doesn't nod/wave back I do think "well fine then!" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i nod, but rush hour in dublin no one seems to nod so i gave up. id get upset counting the amount of bikers that didnt nod back :( lol

never did the foot thing, think id loose balance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

I always give a good old nod to any two wheeler, including the moped boys.

Rarely get one back though - some folks must think they're above nodding to a 125 with top box and pink pannier (aka kid's rucksack). I'm on that bike every day and rarely see anyone else on my lonely journey into Limerick and back so get kinda excited when I see someone else... only to be ignored ...:(

The Harley/Brit bike/custom bike riders are usually dead certs for a nod but crotch rockets - forget it!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

I try waving if conditions and the road allows (aka not while on a corner). Mainly I nod, but I tend to tilt my head while I do it so its more obvious. I did a leg wave a few times but more comfy with nods and waves.
    @OP - if your comfy just nodding, do so. I can take my hand off left side for a few moments to thank a car to pass or a wave. I'm new to biking too. But find it great that so many bikers acknowledge one another.

Advertisement