Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Islamic hate crimes up 50%. Who fuels the hate?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Thanks for sharing Ed. of course Ireland isn't immune to this poison. It's like a self-feeding monster. Through lies and propoganda of lobbyists/think-tanks via corrupt media/poliiticians these people spread their hatred like a cancer, this creates legions of ignorant Islamophobes, who return to source to reinforce their prejudices and they in turn join the BNP or the EDL or whatever, start their own anti-Islam blogs and the ripple effect continues until the lies become the accepted truth and every Muslim is suspect.

=========

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about and is another Irish example, again from the Irish Independent.

Ruth Dudley Edwards: Veil has no place in any dealings with the public

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ruth-dudley-edwards/ruth-dudley-edwards-veil-has-no-place-in-any-dealings-with-the-public-2621710.html

She starts off with talking about the veil, and then equates that with with all kinds of anti-Muslim stereotypes.
    With the rise of Islamism, murder in the name of Allah and venomous West-hating, anti-semitic preachers radicalising the vulnerable

So who is Ruth Dudley Edwards?

Well she is a Dublin born columnist for the Sunday Independent. According to Wiki she is a Director at the Centre For Social Cohesion - along with Baroness Cox, a member of the House of Lords, who invited notorious Islamophobe Geert Wilders to show his anti-Islamic film Fitna to The House of Lords and Douglas Murray who has defended the EDL.

So who finances The Centre for Social Cohesion? Again it's the Zionists.

The Cold War on British Muslims also reveals for the first time the network of individuals and foundations that are bankrolling both think-tanks. Donors identified in the report include the neoconservative Rosenkranz Foundation in the United States, and hardline Zionists like Lord Kalms and the late Cyril Stein in the UK. It reveals that both think-tanks share major donors with a number of controversial organisations including the Association for the Wellbeing of Israel’s Soldiers, the Israel-Diaspora Trust (an organisation founded by the late Rabbi Sidney Brichto, a passionate supporter of Israel and scourge of its critics inside and outside the UK Jewish community) and the Anglo-Israel Association (founded in 1949 by the Christian Zionist Sir Wyndham Deedes)
    http://www.spinwatch.org/-articles-by-category-mainmenu-8/317-islamophobia/5446-how-policy-exchange-and-the-centre-for-social-cohesion-encourage-the-cold-war-on-british-muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭weisses

Geert Wilders in Holland ... He is in dutch government but he could be the ambassador of Israel the way he acts.

That man is so full of crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Thanks for sharing Ed. of course Ireland isn't immune to this poison. It's like a self-feeding monster. Through lies and propoganda of lobbyists/think-tanks via corrupt media/poliiticians these people spread their hatred like a cancer, this creates legions of ignorant Islamophobes, who return to source to reinforce their prejudices and they in turn join the BNP or the EDL or whatever, start their own anti-Islam blogs and the ripple effect continues until the lies become the accepted truth and every Muslim is suspect.

She starts off with talking about the veil, and then equates that with with all kinds of anti-Muslim stereotypes.
    With the rise of Islamism, murder in the name of Allah and venomous West-hating, anti-semitic preachers radicalising the vulnerable

Selective quoting, further up the article she says
    To those of us who know something of Islam, it is even more offensive that there is no religious requirement for such dress; it's just a depressing Arab cultural practice taken to extremes. The Koran simply enjoins modesty for men and women alike: Muhammad wouldn't make a fuss about my wardrobe.

Do you think Islam should be above criticism in the media? Because by and large, you don't see much about Islam in Irish media. You're far more likely to see articles against the Catholic Church far worse than what you'd see about Islam, yet this wouldn't be attributed to a global conspiracy against the church, or Zionists/whoever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Aeternitas

It's ALWAYS the fault of other people isn't it?

It's never the regressive, barbaric, sexist, homophobic, aggressive, easily offended and anti-intellectual ''religion'' of Islam is it? Oh no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

chooochooo wrote: »
    It might just possibly be because Islam is a failed religion and a scourge on this planet.
    There is not one Islamic country in the world that is not a fiasco and a shambles.
    Even the super rich oil states are a social hell of exploitation and tyranny.
    Saudi Arabia for example qualifies as possibly the most depraved unjust and demented regime ever to set up on earth.
    It's a country where women are executed for being raped and young girls sold by their fathers to cement business deals. All in the name of Islamic morality while the same moral police keep foreign child sex slaves - according to their logic acceptable as the children are not muslims.
    Other than oil rich oligarchies every single Islamic country is a poverty and corrupt nonsense of a society and many of them permanently teeter on the brink of disintegration.
    Both the joke country Pakistan and it mouth foaming Ayatollah controlled neighbour Iran seriously threaten to turn the planet into a nuclear holocaust.
    The sooner this bigoted dogma of an ideology is consigned to the dustbin of history the better for the welfare and progress of humanity.
    Amen.

Oh, be quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Well they need to do a better job then. They need to be on the tv 24/7 explaining why the interpretations being adopted in these countries do not represent the true teachings of Islam. If you have the extremists having free reign with no rebuttal from the moderates what are westerners to believe. Some will believe because the moderates do not object that they must agree. Ignorance is dangerous.

No they DON'T need to do a better job. The ones who need to do better are the ones who listen to a few extremists who really pose no danger and then hype the whole fcuking thing up so that clueless blinkered morons become brainwashed into thinking that all Muslims are dangerous violent lunatics.
    If some white supremacist thug starts spouting that all blacks and jews and hispanics and asians are the mud-people and need to be exterminated is it your job to get on TV and wring your hands and say that this guy doesn't speak for all whites? No! Your job is to ignore him. You ought to know better.

Aeternitas wrote: »
    It's ALWAYS the fault of other people isn't it?

It's never the regressive, barbaric, sexist, homophobic, aggressive, easily offended and anti-intellectual ''religion'' of Islam is it? Oh no.

Yeah right .... Thank god all the above doesn't applies to Christianity ... But I'm off now waving my orange flag in a catholic neighborhood, ..After that i have a meeting with a pedophile priest, who has great anecdotal story's on the killing of countless non believers.

http://home.comcast.net/~burokerl/burning_at_the_stake.htm

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2006/02/barbaric-god-of-bible.html

weisses wrote: »
    Yeah right .... Thank god all the above doesn't applies to Christianity ... But I'm off now waving my orange flag in a catholic neighborhood, ..After that i have a meeting with a pedophile priest, who has great anecdotal story's on the killing of countless non believers.

http://home.comcast.net/~burokerl/burning_at_the_stake.htm

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2006/02/barbaric-god-of-bible.html

And I laugh hard at the typical distraction technique by the muslims and their idiot lefty defenders.

Do you not see how much Christianity is criticized in western society?

I take on christianity as much as Islam.

Please stop being so presumptuous would you? It'd be a great help.

I take on christianity as much as Islam.

And where are you doing that ?? Please point me out to that post please.

And you call me presumptuous ?? At least i come up with some facts

And where are you doing that ?? Please point me out to that post please.

And you call me presumptuous ?? At least i come up with some facts

Does it have to be on boards.ie for me to be given ''permission'' to criticise that delightfully peaceful religion of Islam?

Please tell me so I can have my freedom of speech. It's a formal request now.

Thanks ever so much.

• Advertisement

Oh by the way

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Ignore it to your hearts content.

Does it have to be on boards.ie for me to be given ''permission'' to criticise that delightfully peaceful religion of Islam?

Please tell me so I can have my freedom of speech. It's a formal request now.

Thanks ever so much.

Well it would be handy in the debate to verify your claims .. You can give me a link to where you take the same attitude against Christianity as you do here against Islam

And this is a privately run website with certain rules ...

Oh by the way

Funny site :D

Now i know the full meaning of the word "presumptuous"

Well it would be handy in the debate to verify your claims .. You can give me a link to where you take the same attitude against Christianity as you do here against Islam

And this is a privately run website with certain rules ...

You seem to think that I have to justify anything to you in order to criticise the ''religion of peace''.

Here's that link for you again just in case you missed it.

You know that sticking your head in the sand isn't a good defensive strategy right?

You seem to think that I have to justify anything to you in order to criticise the ''religion of peace''.

Here's that link for you again just in case you missed it.

Ohh god no ... you don't have to Justify anything to me ... where did you get that impression ?

You said " I take on Christianity as much as Islam" .... Not me

Still waiting for that

You know that sticking your head in the sand isn't a good defensive strategy right?

Where did you get the impression that i was sticking my head in the sand ?

Rant over ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Aeternitas,
    Join Date 29-11-2011 Total Posts 11
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?u=502018&sort=newest

i think that sums it up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Aeternitas, calm it down and discuss things in a civil manner. Same goes to everyone else too.

And davoxx, if you have a problem with another poster, don't post about it on the thread. Report the post or PM the mods and then leave it alone until we take action.

Oh by the way

You know who didn't ignore that site? Anders Breivik. He linked to it on four seperate occasions in his manifesto. He very much shares your views on Muslims and "idiot lefties" as well.

With that in mind I'd be interested to know your opinion on Breivik's a) actions and b) opinions

By the way you'd do well to ignore the site yourself or at least not accept uncritically that ridiculous unsourced list.

For example, your site says:
    2011.11.28 Iraq Baghdad 5 6 A Shahid suicide bomber detonates himself outside the parliament building, killing five people.

However,
    "A mortar round landed near parliament's car park. One colleague, (MP) Muayid al-Tayyeb, was wounded," MP Ali al-Shila told AFP.

The interior ministry official said that two people were killed and seven wounded by a mortar round, while the defence ministry official said three people were killed and four wounded by an explosion in a parliament parking area, but that "it is not clear if it was a car bomb or a mortar shell."

It was not clear if the MP was included in the number of wounded given by the security officials. Differing tolls are common in the confusion following attacks in Iraq.
    "What happened today was a suicide operation against members of parliament while they were leaving parliament," a high-ranking security official said on condition of anonymity.

That account was also backed by Aidan Helmi, media adviser to Iraqi parliament speaker Osama al-Nujaifi, who said that the explosion was caused by a suicide bomber and termed it a botched "assassination attempt" on Nujaifi.
    Helmi said a man driving a black vehicle of the type that make up Nujaifi's convoy tried to enter the VIP gate of parliament, backed up when asked for a badge, hit another car, exited his vehicle, argued with the other driver, and blew himself up.

The US military, when asked about the parliament blast, said that "there was an MAIED (magnetically attached improvised explosive device) near the northeast corner of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It has not been characterised as a suicide attack."

So it is not clear if it was a sucide attack at all, and the attacks motivation was quite clearly political and not religious.

And this goes on and on as you go through the list. Do yourself a favour, watch all four parts of this:

• Advertisement

my bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Oh by the way

:rolleyes:

So the conspiracists are choosing to the swallow the Islamoswaller nonsense. Ignoring the links provided of course.

But since that was would be logical and open minded my oponents didn't like that.

Islam can do no wrong apparently.

So the conspiracists are choosing to the swallow the Islamoswaller nonsense. Ignoring the links provided of course.

But since that was would be logical and open minded my oponents didn't like that.

Your the conspiracist mate, uncritically accepting all that Islam is the boogey man crap.

Why don't you try and be "logical and open-minded" and learn about Islam from non-hate sites?

Would you have bought the anti-semitism from Nazi propagandists pre WWII?

Oh and I didn't ignore your links. I looked at them. Here is a page I seen on Islamic veils..

It's obviously graphic so look at your own risk but it show the head of a young Palestinian girl in a veil who had been decapitated after carrying out a suicide attack.
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/007-veils.htm

with the caption:
    Palestinian suicide bomber, Zeynab Abu Salam... she knew how to keep a tight hijab

That's the quality of your precious hate site.

Oh, and you never answered the question about Breivik!

Your the conspiracist mate, uncritically accepting all that Islam is the boogey man crap.

Why don't you try and be "logical and open-minded" and learn about Islam from non-hate sites?

Would you have bought the anti-semitism from Nazi propagandists pre WWII?

Oh and I didn't ignore your links. I looked at them. Here is a page I seen on Islamic veils..

It's obviously graphic so look at your own risk but it show the head of a young Palestinian girl in a veil who had been decapitated after carrying out a suicide attack.
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/007-veils.htm

with the caption:

That's the quality of your precious hate site.

Oh, and you never answered the question about Breivik!

And it was just a matter of time before the ''r'' word was brought up. ''YOU DA RACIST IF U DU NOT CTRITIC EVERY1 THAT ISN'T MUSLIM FIRST''

And it was just a matter of time before the ''r'' word was brought up. ''YOU DA RACIST IF U DU NOT CTRITIC EVERY1 THAT ISN'T MUSLIM FIRST''

:confused::D

I didn't use a single "R" word!! WTF?

Anyway...regarding Breivik...and to quote your good self..."You know that sticking your head in the sand isn't a good defensive strategy right?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

All religions are wrong.

To say that certain religions are fair game for abuse and others must not be spoken of in anything but glowing terms is laughable.

I think there are a lot of things wrong with Islam, but no more or less than any other religion, and it is never correct to feel the right to make generalisations about people from a certain culture just because the society you live in says it's accpetable, we had that before in Germany in the 1930's and surely we should have learned our lesson from that experience.

Glazers Out!

i don't think there is anything wrong with religious belief ... unless the religion involves and explicitly states that causing harm to others in it's name is good or required ...
    there is of course something wrong, with the individual, if they use it as an excuse to do harm ...

simply put, believing in santa is okay if kids do good, but if certain kids believing that santa is a going to reward them for punishing other 'bad' kids, then this not good.
    but in no way is this reflective of the belief in Santa ..

Daily Telegraph, Washington Post And Huffington Post Report Twitter Lie As Fact: Liege Killer ‘Nordine Amrani Was Muslim Terrorist’

http://www.anorak.co.uk/305222/news/daily-telegraph-washington-post-and-huffington-post-report-twitter-lie-as-fact-liege-killer-nordine-amrani-was-muslim-terrorist.html/

NORDINE Amrani, 33, has killed five people and himself in Liege, Belgium. There is not a shred of evidence that this known criminal had any links to terrorism and militant Islam. But he did have an Islamic name. And that’s enough for the Telegraph to report:
    The Karachi Post in Pakistan claimed that the attack was linked to a sentence in an honour killing case. It said the parents of Sadia Sheikh were sentenced on Monday when there had been a bomb alert in the court.
    That line has now been removed.
    The Washington Post repeats the lie
    Pakistani Twitter account Karachi Post claims the attack was linked to a sentence in an honor killing case.
    Later adding:
    (Officials later said the case was in no way linked to the attack, and the Karachi Post admitted they used the attacks as efforts “highlighting the evil of honor killing.”)
    The Huffington Post also repeated the lie, as did Pamela Geller and other anti-Muslim sites.
    Stratfor reports:
    The Karachi Post in Pakistan claimed that the attack was linked to the sentencing in Liege on Dec. 12 of the family of Sadia Sheikh, who was killed by four family members in October 2007 over her refusal to accept an arranged marriage. A bomb threat was issued Dec. 12 against the court in Liege.
    Although police know the identities of at least two of the attackers, they have only released information on one of them — 32-year-old Nordine Amrani, who died in the attack. According to Belgian newspaper Sudpress, Amrani was sentenced to 29 to 58 months in prison in 2008 for weapons possession and the cultivation of cannabis. Once the other attackers’ identities are available, we will be able to better determine the motivation for the attack. Regardless, the attack appears to follow STRATFOR’s forecast that jihadists and other militants will move to armed assaults for terrorist attacks.

• Advertisement

Not only that, the killer wasn't even Muslim!
    Abdelhadi Amrani, another lawyer who worked for the killer but is not related, said he had grown up in foster homes after being orphaned as a child.
    ‘I remember a man deeply marked by the loss of his parents,’ said Ms Amrani. ‘He lost his father and mother very early. He was marked by fate.
    ‘I would add he was a very smart boy, gifted.
    'Nordine often spoke of his desire to start a family. He was to be married to a nurse in Liege.’
    Commenting on Amrani’s background, Ms Amrani said: ‘He did not feel at all Moroccan. He did not speak a word of Arabic, and was not Muslim. What he said is that he felt like a Belgian.

Advertisement