Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Mink I love this thread, it's keeping me sane! Out of work at the moment now too (theatre stage technician and rigger so heavy lifting and working up ladders, not a hope of it! super sickened cos its into festival season now and I'm usually off galavanting round the country doing sound, cabin fever eat your heart out!) so just stuck at home now taking it out on my poor garden, actually going mental! Finding I have absolutely nothing to talk about when people do call over or meet me out only what's been done round the house and what's going on with baby, so its great to have this to come on to blab away without knowing you're boring the pants off people!
    Java, I have the exact same kicks out the sides now for the last week or so, and the occasional (rather painful!) poke of something finger like out through the belly button, and the off time on to the bones of my hip and rib cage simultaneously! He's getting very strong lately, and I'm starting to get very fed up of it, so uncomfortable! All day every day.
    Anyone else finding their appetite gone to shi*e lately? also constantly short of breath, baby must be building himself an extension up into my rib cage! Seriously, July actually can't come fast enough, even though the thought of getting him out is scaring the bejaysus out of me! Should probably do an aul antenatal class or something, though very much not wanting the breastfeeding thing pushed at me like some of ye were saying, I'm not too into the whole idea to be honest, know its better for baby yada yada, and I feel a bit guilty over feeling this way, but I can't even think about it without getting very very odd about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Kash wrote: »
    I noticed that too!!

But we're better than a TV soap in here, we've had non-stop drama from day one with bleeds, hospital stays, trips and falls, and even a wedding to brighten everything up!

Not to mention the day to day, pregnancy stuff that we're all very vocal about :D

I bet if you put half the stuff in a soap people would say it was very unrealistic... pregnancy COULDN'T be like that :p

My kicks hurt alot: especially if they are down low: she kicks me more and more each day: she wakes me up all the time... I'm going back to bed every afternoon these days just to try and get any sleep...Plus she moves the laptop too with her kicks: I think its her way of telling me to move it!

Oh and in my good news of the day: hubby got promotion for definite, company car, a rise straight away and another rise at the end of the summer :D And he doesn't have to go away this side of baby being born: they holding off untill afterwards which is great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Ah Nyquist don't feel guilty about breastfeeding or not! Just do what you want to do and feel comfortable with.

You're like me, normally I'm off eventing or SJing every weekend or during the week. So I'm bored stiff not being able to work at the moment. Luckily I get a couple of days a week in an office in Dub but still it's not the same. I have no interest in gardening. Everytime I got to OH's I keep saying I must tackle the garden but it's really hard to bend down etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

And yup Nyquist my appetite is gone really, really bad: I literally force my self to eat these days. The antenatal classes are worth it even with the whole over focusing on breastfeeding: just zone it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I was only showing the post count to the OH the other day.

It's been great being able to share the experience with a group of gals who completely understand how you're feeling.
    We've had some great discussions and it's great to say there's never been a cross word or disagreement. We've all been able to appreciate one another's viewpoints.

It's actually sad that well be moving on from here now.

We shld definitely set up a social group on here or Facebook group so we can all keep
    In touch. Wld love to meet up with the babies sometime too.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Kash wrote: »
    I noticed that too!!

But we're better than a TV soap in here, we've had non-stop drama from day one with bleeds, hospital stays, trips and falls, and even a wedding to brighten everything up!

Not to mention the day to day, pregnancy stuff that we're all very vocal about :D

I bet if you put half the stuff in a soap people would say it was very unrealistic... pregnancy COULDN'T be like that :p

My kicks hurt alot: especially if they are down low: she kicks me more and more each day: she wakes me up all the time... I'm going back to bed every afternoon these days just to try and get any sleep...Plus she moves the laptop too with her kicks: I think its her way of telling me to move it!

Oh and in my good news of the day: hubby got promotion for definite, company car, a rise straight away and another rise at the end of the summer :D And he doesn't have to go away this side of baby being born: they holding off untill afterwards which is great!!

That's great news hun, you really deserved something to put a smile on your face.

Agree about the loss of appetite...I'd say our stomachs are squeezed up at the this stage!

We're both taking the weeks after next off work to work on the house. Baby's room is a dumping ground full of bags of clothes to take to the charity shop, the spare bed has become a walk in wardrobe and my clothes (all 5 pieces that fit) are on top of a basket in our room. Serious reorganisation needed to make room for babs. OH also has to finish painting the stairs and landing, a job he started at Easter and I want him to make a little flower bed under our front window respectable for visitors when baby arrives! There is also a few pieces of furniture I want sanded down and repainted. I'm looking forward to being the gaffer for the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »
    and the series finale is coming close!!
    The next series will be starting in the newborns forum!

Whoever has their baby first should start a thread... but please don't name it "Born in July" as mine will most likely end up being an August baby and I don't want to be left out :P

It can be a "Summer/Autumn 2012 newborn" thread or some such

I'm going to breastfeed but I do think it's shocking how much it is pushed on women who clearly don't want to/can't do it. It would really piss me off if I was going with bottles.

Don't feel guilty about it. There are far too many perfectly healthy bottle fed children/adults in the world to feel in any way guilty about it.

I love this thread, it stops me being a "baby bore" to people I'm talking to who are not pregnant/parents to a new baby.

Cyning that's great news re your OH. If I could give you some of my appetite I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning great news for your OH,

I still have my appetite but I'm more into healthy food lately, going to o briens with oh for a smoothie and egg salad sambo nom..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hey girls,house is a bomb site in prep for this new kitchen.official date for it is 11th June do everything has to be done for it then. Skip is here since yesterday and almost full. Then electrician coming and plumber.then dh will slab the walls and paint and tile the floor and then alls ready!!!!!
    TECHNICALLY, the end of may is next week (eekkkkk)
    Another obs app on Monday but don't know if I'll get a scan.havnt a clue what way she's lying !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning congrats :-)

I honestly can't imagine dealing with pregnancy without you girls.
    FB group sound nice :-)

I'm having my hospital appointment tomorrow. I'm glad as Alice is not moving as much as she used to but her kicks are much stronger and I'm worring a little

my boss told me I should rest as much as I can and then he passed few new reports that's need to be done today. He is so strange. thanks god only few weeks left.

on saturday we are going to coombe for clasess
    my hubby is terefied! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

My appetite is pants these days...I'm just not into eating in the evening at all! I had weetabix for dinner last night :eek:

How about the "I was due in July" newborn thread :) I'm sure we will have a couple of June & August babies in our group!

I have my first proper ante natal class tonight...I really hope it's not awful!

It is terrible how they push breast feeding! A friend had a breast reduction & due to having her nipples moved as part of the op would never be able to breastfeed! When she was in hospital they tried to force her to try...when someone half listened to her they went oh well we can import breast milk for you :rolleyes:

Oh & congrats Cyning - that's super news for you and your other half :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    When she was in hospital they tried to force her to try...when someone half listened to her they went oh well we can import breast milk for you :rolleyes:

From where was it imported?!?! Doesn't bear thinking about!

Ah sure wouldn't it be great if it was olden (very old) times and we all had wet nurses (presuming we weren't peasants)

Actually you wouldn't be able to have wet nurses now unless they were fully tested as the HIV virus can be transmitted through breast feeding - that's actually how the majority of kids with HIV in Africa ended up with it, very very few contract it from their mother throughout the pregnancy.
    Fun facts... not.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

Ginny wrote: »
    I think most people have the baby in a moses basket or crib for the first few weeks, were planning on that anyways and will stick the bumper set on the crib.
    Has anyone seen any cotton type cardigans, not knitted ones (I'm allergic to wool and don't want to tempt faith with the little one) but I can't seen any cotton type cardigans anywhere!

I've seen some nice cotton cardigans in Marks and Spencer's.

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Petit-Bebe-Pure-Cotton-Long-Sleeve-Matinee-Cardigan/Parent_T785806C,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_Parent__T785806C_color=Z0&start=36&cgid=2020121

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Petit-Bebe-Pure-Cotton-Reversible-Jacket/Parent_T783842C,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_Parent__T783842C_color=Z0&start=57&cgid=2020121

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Petit-Bebe-Pure-Cotton-Knitted-Matinee-Cardigan/Parent_T785803B,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_Parent__T785803B_color=E0&start=59&cgid=2020121

Mink - I think it was from up north! She didn't take them up on the offer :) it was the la leche folk (not sure of the spelling) who my doc who breastfed both her children told me to ignore & not let them push me about! I have no personal experience of them myself so I'm not judging them just yet :D

I personally would have had concerns over their testing protocol when it came to donated milk as I used to work in the area of HIV...I'm not saying its not in place but I certainly would have had a shed load of questions :) You are right re breast milk & it is very difficult for mothers (from African countries) living with HIV to not breastfeed as there is so much cultural pressure on them to do so (not much different to here) esp if they do not want to share their HIV status. As long as a mothers HIV status is known during pregnancy the chance of a child being born HIV positive is very small & of those who are many test negative within a year :) that's the reason we were all tested for HIV amongst other things during pregnancy!

True dat!

I have a friend who's HIV and the levels of the virus are at an all time low in her system (she takes good care of herself & was on the right meds) so the doctor said to her that if she and her fiance really wanted to have kids there'd only be a miniscule chance she'd transmit the virus. She would have been put on the anti-viral meds for pregnancy and then as long as she didn't breastfeed she'd be okay.

They were flabbergasted that the doctor said this. I don't think she's going to run the risk anyway, she's 45 and has a daughter and I think she and her fiance had made their peace that they weren't going to have kids anyway.

I need to use her as a babysitter anyway so she can't be going having babies now :D

That's great that she has her levels so low :) although it came as a shock her doc is totally right. I knew several women who were pregnant & their babies were born negative as they were put on the right meds. One did test positive at birth but when the baby shed its mothers immunity (the baby was carrying the mothers antibodies) & built its own they tested negative & have remained so.

She might have lots of reasons for not wanting to try & that's fine but if she was interested in looking into it any of the support agencies around the country should be able to give her advice :)

If anyone wants to have a meet up pre babies, I'm free anytime after next week if anyone even wanted to catch a movie or do coffee, I can pretty much do Carlow,Kildare,Offaly,Laois or Dublin..

Feeling sick of feeling like (a) a baby bore, (b) a whale and (c) a Part-time friend for people when there's nothing else to do...

javagal wrote: »
    If anyone wants to have a meet up pre babies, I'm free anytime after next week if anyone even wanted to catch a movie or do coffee, I can pretty much do Carlow,Kildare,Offaly,Laois or Dublin..

Feeling sick of feeling like (a) a baby bore, (b) a whale and (c) a Part-time friend for people when there's nothing else to do...

I'm in Portlaoise everyday, so I'd be up for meeting up. Cld only do lunch times though coz I give someone a lift over and back everyday.

javagal wrote: »

Java I'm off on Tuesday - I have only antenatal classes on the morning in Coombe so if you will be free and in Dublin I would love to meet :)

I just eat whole big bowl of pasta with fresh cream and blueberries and a lot of sugar
    my hubby looked at me like I was not fully aware of what I'm doing.
    but I felt need to eat something like that :D

Can't wait for tomorrow to see Alice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Java, I'll hopefully be working in Dub one or two days next week so will give you a shout, only thing is it will be lunch time but can do a slightly extended lunch! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

kildareash wrote: »
    I was only showing the post count to the OH the other day.

It's been great being able to share the experience with a group of gals who completely understand how you're feeling.
    We've had some great discussions and it's great to say there's never been a cross word or disagreement. We've all been able to appreciate one another's viewpoints.

It's actually sad that well be moving on from here now.

We shld definitely set up a social group on here or Facebook group so we can all keep
    In touch. Wld love to meet up with the babies sometime too.

Hi Girls,
    Hope everyone is well and bumps are great
    Long time reading these threads but don't often contirbute but just wanted to say this thread is keeping me sane...like having friends going through the same things as me. I'm due my second baby in July. Would love to meet everyone but I'm down "the sticks" in Tipperary...think most of ye guys are Dublin area??

I'm a STAH mom with a 2yr old and most of my friends live in Cork so can get pretty lonely at times. TG for Boards :-)

BTW is anyone watching One Born Every Minute on RTE 2 right now...awful husband on it giving his poor wife an earful for not dilating fast enough...Grrrr

Just back from our first proper ante natal class & have to say it was pretty good. Picked up a few bits of info I didn't know & the mid wife was pretty funny which helps :)
    The physio is also nice so all good!

Oh & we got a hospital list...it's not as scary as some! It also says you can have an old tshirt for labour rather than a nightdress :D

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Just back from our first proper ante natal class & have to say it was pretty good. Picked up a few bits of info I didn't know & the mid wife was pretty funny which helps :)
    The physio is also nice so all good!

Oh & we got a hospital list...it's not as scary as some! It also says you can have an old tshirt for labour rather than a nightdress :D

Yeah, i got a lot more out of the ante natal class today than I did the last one.

Just make sure the t-shirt has a deep V or buttons for skin to skin!

Sounds like they're really discouraging epidurals now, well at least in Portlaoise anyway. Never heard so much negativity about it before. Nothing that I didn't know already - can slow down labour, increase in need for instrumental delivery, but it was brought up a few times.
    No talk about breast feeding tho for a change!

Breastfeeding is next week so we will see then & labour is the week after so I guess any anti epi talk will be then! I expect the fact that women who have an epi need more attention afterwards in a baby boom may have something to do with :rolleyes:

Good point re skin to skin will have a look at varying options & see what I can come up with :)

We will have to organise something ladies!!!

Ash, I found this about Portlaoise too re epidural..

Midwife:"You can have a nice bath and it'll be lovely and relaxed"
    Me: "yeah and then I'll have my epidural"

I'm waiting in Coombe hospital for consultant appointment. it is strange as there is only few people here
    all check in desks are closed. and usually it is so many people here.
    i just realise that it is 9,5 weeks left ! omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anybody else keep bumping into things, people, dropping stuff...? Clumsies person ever this week! Class test the othe day and got finished early went to leave - why didn`t I get caught up in my own feet and fling myself half way across the top of the room! Well at least my friends got a laugh but I`m not sure I`m happy with been known as "the clumsy one"!

theg81der wrote: »
    Anybody else keep bumping into things, people, dropping stuff...? Clumsies person ever this week! Class test the othe day and got finished early went to leave - why didn`t I get caught up in my own feet and fling myself half way across the top of the room! Well at least my friends got a laugh but I`m not sure I`m happy with been known as "the clumsy one"!

Everything I touch falls to the floor these days! Must be the relaxin or whatever u call it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Morning all, does anybody (especially those of you dealing with Limerick maternity) know what's the story with the epidural? As in, do you need to book it in advance or can you just ask for it on the day or what? My mother and aunts have been getting on my back in a big way about it lately to book it (although its been a fair few years now since any of them dealt with the place so wondering what's the procedure now) not one of them think I'd be able to manage without worst possible thing they could tell me like, stubborn beeatch in me now just wants to write it off completely just to spite them, eh no, give me now ALL the drugs please! Anyway, just wondering if any of you knew the scéal, not back into the midwife again now for a while and don't want to leave it too late just in case? They actually have me well freaked out now. Alright if you book it and don't actually go on your due date? I know nothing, just wake me when its all over please.

Advertisement