Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] Survival Mode Discussion Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

mackg wrote: »
    Broke 50 on seatown into the top 2000 in the leaderboards. Full ar clip to kill a guy, nearly half to kill a dog, claymores ****ing everywhere.

Nice!! that fling solo is it? impressive either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

mackg wrote: »
    Broke 50 on seatown into the top 2000 in the leaderboards. Full ar clip to kill a guy, nearly half to kill a dog, claymores ****ing everywhere.

Can you tell us what tactics/guns are you using? Are you constantly on the move or have a good area to defend?

On resistance last night furious and myself got to level 25 staying near the guns and equipment just down from A dom steps before we got overrun with juggernauts. We were relying heavily on our sentry gun and were thinking somewhere around B dom or overlooking A dom is the best place for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

yimrsg wrote: »
    Can you tell us what tactics/guns are you using? Are you constantly on the move or have a good area to defend?

On resistance last night furious and myself got to level 25 staying near the guns and equipment just down from A dom steps before we got overrun with juggernauts. We were relying heavily on our sentry gun and were thinking somewhere around B dom or overlooking A dom is the best place for it.

I usually buy one sentry gun and one grenade launcher sentry.

Latter goes above the archway with staircase looking over the gun armoury side.

Regular sentry goes on the opposite side of the archway staircase looking down the long staircase leading up to C Dom(?). Very top left of map.

Claymores all round staircase either side and protecting sentries too if possible.

Jugs, well make sure they drop a Jug near the gun armoury and then lead it/them around the place. C4 takes them out quickly if not a predator and obviously flash bangs are vital against them.

Should see you to level 30 fairly comfortably.

resistance_overhead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I usually buy one sentry gun and one grenade launcher sentry.

Latter goes above the archway with staircase looking over the gun armoury side.

Regular sentry goes on the opposite side of the archway staircase looking down the long staircase leading up to C Dom(?). Very top left of map.

Claymores all round staircase either side and protecting sentries too if possible.

Jugs, well make sure they drop a Jug near the gun armoury and then lead it/them around the place. C4 takes them out quickly if not a predator and obviously flash bangs are vital against them.

Should see you to level 30 fairly comfortably.

Cheers dude, I should have said that Furious was level 1 and I was 26 so we didn't have most of the better unlocks, haven't got the grenade launcher sentry unlockable yet so we were having to make do. Can you have 2 sentrys per player or is it 1 turret sentry and 1 grenade sentry tops?

Our plan was to hold the area near the grenades and ammo. We had the sentry gun sweeping the street and furious on the raised walkway watching over the ammo box and C dom whilst the riot squad was guarding the rear of the sentry gun and I was behind the low wall watching the steps down from A dom, which I claymored up. We'd both keep a check on the street. Doing it again I'd put the grenade sentry (once we unlock it) near 1 on the map so we'd be able to scramble for ammo easier. Our riot squad was generally dire, one guy, lebouef; kept looking at walls instead of enemies. Cowardly Frenchmen.

Another idea was to hold down 2 giving the sentry guns as open a view as possible but the downside is we'd be far away from resupplying and we'd be in the open. There are so many possibilities in each map to consider.

189454.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

yimrsg wrote: »
    Cheers dude, I should have said that Furious was level 1 and I was 26 so we didn't have most of the better unlocks, haven't got the grenade launcher sentry unlockable yet so we were having to make do. Can you have 2 sentrys per player or is it 1 turret sentry and 1 grenade sentry tops?

Our plan was to hold the area near the grenades and ammo. We had the sentry gun sweeping the street and furious on the raised walkway watching over the ammo box and C dom whilst the riot squad was guarding the rear of the sentry gun and I was behind the low wall watching the steps down from A dom, which I claymored up. We'd both keep a check on the street. Doing it again I'd put the grenade sentry (once we unlock it) near 1 on the map so we'd be able to scramble for ammo easier. Our riot squad was generally dire, one guy, lebouef; kept looking at walls instead of enemies. Cowardly Frenchmen.

Another idea was to hold down 2 giving the sentry guns as open a view as possible but the downside is we'd be far away from resupplying and we'd be in the open. There are so many possibilities in each map to consider.

189454.jpg

Nah you can only have 1 sentry gun each, and so only the two sentries if your playing solo.

Riot shield teams are alright, but as you pointed out the AI are feckin idiotic at the best of times. I only ever call them in occasionally post round 20 or 3 Juggernauts are out and about.

I personally wouldn't recommend buying any weapons till round 20 at the very earliest especially on Resistance and the rest of the easy difficulty maps. The 1887, MP5, ACR and FAD you pick up from enemies will get you far to round 25(I forget when FAD guys join the fray tbh) even.

As for the map and the markings, it looks grand but the sentry nearest the long staircase leading to C flag will eventually be swiped quite quickly in later rounds as you'd expect leaving you horribly exposed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gonna give this another go tonight I think, 27 on resistance (solo) is still my best, I always seem to do stupid things around 25 onwards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Here we go so, I only play this split screen with my mates making communication easy, communication is the key to this.

General:

I use the guns the enemies drop all the way until the constant FADs, then whack a RDS on the FAD for easy ammo and Usually buy a LMG w/RDS and grip. My favourite LMGs are the 3rd one (just like it) and the last one for the quick reload time but any will do. Two ARs is also a good bet because of quick reloading but when you get to tough enemies who take just short of a clip to take down this is problematic if you haven't unlocked slight of hand. It has to be said that since you go through bullets at an alarming rate later on and enemies only drop FAD ammo so you will have to buy bullets for the second gun anyway so the FAD is not essential kit.

In my opinion slight of hand is the only perk that makes a real difference.

Self revive is the most important thing to have.

Seatown:

I have gotten to level 50 here and have never gotten choppers and juggernauts in the same wave making this essentially the easiest map for survival IMO.

We hold up the second floor area that overlooks the market. Up there enemies will only come from the ladder near the well and the path that comes from the castle, on the other side they have to come up the stairs. Enemies that come up the ladder near the well can be killed before they finish climbing the ladder! The guys that come off the path are usually slow enough to do so giving you plenty opportunity to mow them down (this spot is the ideal to place to get "get rich or die trying"). The stairs on the second players side is great too, but a lot of enemies can be killed before they even reach there because the window above the dumpster and the window that looks down on the the other path give you a clear shot at both the enemy spawn points that send enemies that way. I take this side usually and have gotten to FAD waves before an enemy on a wave without choppers or jugs even got to the stairs!

Chopper waves:

These are pretty easy, I sit on the table looking at the stairs, a spot immune to chopper fire while my mate stays in the doorway looking at the ladder, ducking in to avoid chopper fire, kill the ground forces then take care of the choppers. No need for air support here.

Juggernaut waves:

When I talk about Jug waves I mean waves with 3 juggernauts although the tactics can be applied to less they shouldn't be necessary.

Claymores on the path leading to the castle, placement is easy just make sure they are sufficiently spaced not to set each other off. Claymores on the other side: On the landing half way up the stairs facing the bottom of the stairs, at the bottom of the stairs pointing in the door of the building, just inside the door of the building but as far to the right as you can go with your back to the wall facing the same direction as claymore 2, inside the other door of the room so the lasers on the mine kind of touch either edge of the door. Placement of these claymores is important. They are there to kill dogs to give you enough time to hit jugs with preds before they get far, later on these preds will not kill the juggernauts but you will be shooting them for a loooong time without this damage being done.

Hold the usual positions and kill all the enemies you can before the jugs reach you. I like to put C4 at the top of the stairs to do additional damage to the jugs when they get that far. when you are overrun jump out the window leading to the market and bolt across turning around at the end to kill the dogs that will be following. Flash the market and unload into anything in there, repeat until out of flashes or over run. Head for the well side of the map and you should now have all enemies left in a line following you. Enemies on harder waves run at a disgusting pace so its best to only fire at flashed enemies run a big circle around the map collecting ammo and equipment if needs be. Use C4 and flash to thin the herd until none remain. Dropping air strikes on the chasing pack has a great Black Hawk Down feel to it.

If you try this out and make any improvements please post up, this strategy has evolved over lots of attempts and I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvement!

My longest post on boards by some distance.

I'll go through Lockdown and Bakaara as well if anyone is interested but I feel Seatown is definitely the map we have figured out the best.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Nice vid showing an outpost strategy:

Advertisement