Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie O'Dea "unavailable for comment" Re: political donations story/Expenses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm sure that Mr O'Dea has very good reasons as to why he needed over €40k in expenses for the first nine months of the year, and more than any other city TD.

Well worth every cent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

With O Deas record of telling the truth after the brothel story last year, i would be going through hes expences with a fine comb!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm sure that Mr O'Dea has very good reasons as to why he needed over €40k in expenses for the first nine months of the year, and more than any other city TD.

Well worth every cent.

I presume you're being sarcastic?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

L.T.P. wrote: »
    I presume you're being sarcastic?

The man is a national treasure. A true political great, and has done many many great things to Limerick. I would list his many great deeds but my memory must be acting up as I cannot remember any right now. I'm just surprised that there has not been a statue of him put up somewhere along O'Connell Street and that we have not renamed a street "O'Dea Street".

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The man is a national treasure. A true political great, and has done many many great things to Limerick. I would list his many great deeds but my memory must be acting up as I cannot remember any right now. I'm just surprised that there has not been a statue of him put up somewhere along O'Connell Street and that we have not renamed a street "O'Dea Street".

Very good! I thought you'd lost your marbles there for a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Same! All is right with the world.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

@watchingthepols, please stop starting threads about Willie O'Dea. It's the only topic you ever post about on this forum.

I'm merging this thread with your last one, which was only started a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

With O Deas record of telling the truth after the brothel story last year, i would be going through his expences with a fine comb!
    he he. that's the first thing i thought -moustache expenses!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭watchingthepols

@watchingthepols, please stop starting threads about Willie O'Dea.

Sure, no problem.

Does this just apply to me or is there now a general ban in place against starting threads about the activities of Willie O'Dea?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sure, no problem.

Does this just apply to me or is there now a general ban in place against starting threads about the activities of Willie O'Dea?

I think the clue is in the rest of the post that you quoted but failed to highlight in the quote.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sure, no problem.

Just you. Either that or you cop on and start using the forum properly.

As things stand you've only ever used this forum as a soap-box from which to rail against Willie O'Dea. You never post about anything else. I can only surmise from that that you're using the forum to further your own agenda.

Prove me wrong and I might consider removing this block some time in the future.

As things stand you've only ever used this forum as a soap-box from which to rail against Willie O'Dea. You never post about anything else. I can only surmise from that that you're using the forum to further your own agenda.

You are 100% correct and my agenda has been to highlight the activities of Willie O'Dea. This is because I believe that his 23 years as TD for Limerick has been disastrous for our city, as well as making us a laughing stock. The 23 years of gombeen politics has held us back when we should have had somebody in the Dail who would work hard for the betterment of Limerick & its people.

I had assumed that the Limerick forum was the appropriate place for these postings. All my postings were clearly titled so anybody opening them knows exactly what they are about & are free to just ignore them if they are so inclined. Also, I must point out that all my posts on Willie O'Dea have been backed up by links to reputable sources.

Nevertheless, you call the shots & it's your call so I will not post, for the immediate future, on Mr O'Dea irrespective of what he gets up.

I had assumed that the Limerick forum was the appropriate place for these postings. All my postings were clearly titled so anybody opening them knows exactly what they are about & are free to just ignore them if they are so inclined. Also, I must point out that all my posts on Willie O'Dea have been backed up by links to reputable sources.

It's not about your sources, your thread-titles or even the subject matter of the articles. It's the fact that you never post about anything else that bothers me. You're furthering your own agenda, and giving very little back to the forum in return.

It's a matter of etiquette. Soap-boxing goes against the ethos/atmosphere/etiquette of this site.

It's a matter of etiquette. Soap-boxing goes against the ethos/atmosphere/etiquette of this site.

Ok, that seems like a fair point. I will broaden my contributions.

Advertisement