Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you bought christmas pressies yet, and if so what did you buy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

is he into any old TV series or that? loads of different box sets about from great tv shows of the 80's :)

Mom
    Dad (With €100 on it)
    Brother
    Sister
    Nan
    Niece 1
    Niece 2
    Girlfriend - Flights to New York

Feels so good to finally have it all out of the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

For the lovely mother-in-law who is getting a bit shaky and whose eyesight is very bad -
    1. Some of that super-glue chewing gum and
    2. An electric carving knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

ya suppose could get him a boxset, although got him a couple of series of Mad Men last year and we still havent watched them all..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Tabu perfume pack for the ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Mac0783 wrote: »
    ya suppose could get him a boxset, although got him a couple of series of Mad Men last year and we still havent watched them all..

Has he seen The Wire? Class series, I know very few fellas that dont like it!!

he hasnt, not a bad idea. must price on zavvi and amazon. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I have pretty much all of my presents bought now! Except for a few little things for my OH, I'm all done! Hurrah!

the Q is what did you buy your other half? am at a complete loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

the Q is what did you buy your other half? am at a complete loss.

Ah, we're simple folk. We have a very small budget for each other and buy loads of little personal gifts with what little we have to spend. It requires a lot of thinking. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TeaServer

I read this thread hoping for inspritation for OH's present, but sorry lads ye gave me nothing!

He's 33, into gadgets / games / films but i think he has nearly all he wants. doesnt like adventure / days out gifts, not in to reading so no books / doesnt like me buying him clothes so i really am at a loss.

all suggestions gratefully recieved!

You didn't specify a budget.

Does he drink? If so, maybe a home brewing kit would keep him entertained for a while with possibly a nice beer at the end of it?

Depending on budget, there is loads of electronics and gadgets you could look at either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 christmas pixie chick

Mom
    Love This Set getting it for my Mam on friday as its going to be boots star gift (better then half price) from the 9th till 15th so it will be an nice little extra gift :)

TeaServer wrote: »
    You didn't specify a budget.

Does he drink? If so, maybe a home brewing kit would keep him entertained for a while with possibly a nice beer at the end of it?

Depending on budget, there is loads of electronics and gadgets you could look at either...

Sorry, excellent point - budget up to approx. €200. and he does drink, there is an irish beer club, www.thebeerclubireland.ie is the website i think and was going to get him membership to that? havent had a proper chance to look at it yet. so far my only real idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Mam: My sister and I are getting her a cardigan, golf balls, diary, body lotion, and a few other bits.

Stepdad: My two sisters and I got him a boardsdeal voucher for a night for two in the hotel where him and my mam got married (really for the two of them but he's impossible to buy for so we jumped at the chance to give it to him!)

Brother (36): When I emailed him for his list he "jokingly" sent back that he'd like a goat from bothar.org so I'm going to get him one :D Also the Steve Jobs book and maybe slippers/scarf. Another tough one to buy for.

Sister-in-law (38): Babyliss hot rollers, Urban Decay Naked palette, and a hoody for going walking

Sister #1 (33): Tickets for me and her to go to see the Harry Potter sets at the Warner Bros studios in London next May :D We're both SUPER fans, she's going to love.

Sister #2 (31): Nothing yet, but she's coming home from Australia on 21st December for good after living there for the past few years, so I'm thinking some warm clothes, pyjamas, hat, gloves, etc as she'll have nothing appropriate for winter!

Brother-in-law (38): Voucher for hot towel shave in Grafton Barbers

Nephews (5-year-old twins): Feckin LOADS, spoilt boys. A few Playmobil sets, DVDs, Transformer toys, Disney Cars racetrack, t-shirts, tickets to Disney on Ice, glow-in-the-dark art sets, toy cars

Nephew (1 month old): Probably just a teddy

Stepbrother (32): Maybe a PS game

Also am doing Secret Santa with 2 different groups of friends, both have limits of just €15 each. One guy, one girl, both 20s. Not sure yet, probably something dirty/jokey for the guy, and maybe a purse or some makeup for the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

Almost finished,just a few more bits to get:

Son:Cars Bike+helmet/bell,Cars Racetrack,Bumblebee Transformer,Mr Funny face boardgame+Cars tent for his surprise and stocking fillers

Fiance:Tickets to Elvis in Concert,tickets to Lisa Hannigan,Mandolin,Stone Roses Tshirt,Black Keys Cd,Hardy Bucks Box Set.

Mam:She just wanted a book(not into Christmas really)but I got her a new Notepad,Freddie Mercury cup+coaster set,will get her some flowers too

Dad:He wants a football jersey+I also got him a calendar of his team.

Sister:Just a David Guetta cd so far,need to pick something else up.

Niece:Justin Bieber perfume+make up

Niece 2:Elefun+stocking fillers

MIL: Showband dvd+will get her flowers

SIL: Take that dvd,need to get an extra pressie too.

Friend:Cheryl Cole Calendar+Walking Dead Dvd

Friends little boy:Truck+Car set,Elmo dvd.

Have 2 friends I dont have presents for yet,and my sons godmother,then I'm done thankfully!

Have also done a Secret Santa with friends and have gotten him a Santa Mankini and a certain thing on a stick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Aaahhhhh, you are all making me panic! I am nowhere near finished!

Mam: Mirrored Jewellery box (Want to get earrings or bracelet to go inside)
    Dad: Shirt and Jumper and John Wayne Box set
    Between Mam and Dad: Boarddeals voucher for hotel
    Brother: Nothing yet!
    Sister: Nothing yet!
    Aunt 1: Voucher for restaurant (still need to get), blender (its what she wanted!)
    Aunt 2: Book, candle, perfume
    Cousin: Purse, PJs, perfume, slippers
    Cousins BF: Nothing yet!
    Cousin 2:Aftershave set
    Uncle: Bottle of Captain Morgans (still to buy)
    Aunt 3 and Uncle 2: Voucher for meal (Still to get)
    Friend1: Candle, Picture frame, eyeshadow set
    Friend2:She's in Oz so have sent her a parcel with chocolates, teabags, tayto and a Christmas mug!
    Kris Kindle: (Female) still to get
    My friends kid x2: Christmas decorations with their name printed on them and chocolate Santas

Now that I see it in front of me, I'm not doing too bad!
    For some reason this year my brother and sister are really hard to buy for and they have both said they are looking forward to my presents cos 'you always buy deadly presents that we're not expecting'-no pressure so!!

Anyone see nice wrapping paper anywhere with nice matching bows/ribbon! I love wrapping presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus you guys buy a LOT of presents! I only have to get something for my mum, dad and brother! Myself and my friends don't exchange gifts but I have to get something for one of my friends cos her birthday's on Christmas Day and we do birthdays alright!

Also I don't think my dad could care less if he got a gift or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Decided to go all out this year, my wallet isn't thanking me! :pac:

Anyway...

Sister ( Also her birthday on xmas day ) - Sony ipod docking station
    Brother: Nothing yet, very hard to buy for, probably just a get a voucher to a trendy clothes shop for him.
    Mum: Nice perfum set
    Dad: Electric Shaver
    Grandmother: Wolly Scarf and Gloves
    Godfather: A small set of fragrances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

As of today only managed to get one present!

God-daughter (16) River Island voucher

Have yet to buy for mam, dad, bro & 2 nana's! Ah sure have 2 weeks to go!! So hopefully should be sorted by then!!

Advertisement