Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you bought christmas pressies yet, and if so what did you buy?

Options
  • 16-11-2011 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Im just being really nosy tbh, i havnt bought any yet, have you?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

All bought and wrapped since the start of October. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I won't say what I have got for my bf as he reads my posts, but I have all his pressies bought. We do Kris Kringle in our family and I got my father. So far I have bought him two ties that were buy one get one free in Tie rack; Very Valentino aftershave and these cufflinks, cos he is obsessed with tea. I will be getting him a gift set of these also, just haven't had the time to get into town and buy them as they are cheaper in the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've a bracelet bought for my mother, some cute Christmas decorations to mark the birth of my Godson and my boyfriend's nephew in the last few months, a few other Christmas decorations as gifts, some books for the boyfriend on different funny/food subjects, cool necklaces for two of my friends, some photos of my boyfriend's travels that I'm going to frame and put up as his present....all wrapped and ready except the photos obviously. I have one other present to buy him, and something small for two friends and I'm done :)

Bought a rock a bye lullabies cd for my boyfriend's nephew, but it arrived yesterday and the cd case is destroyed, cracked and broken, waiting to hear back from the company now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

So far i have got my god daughter 2 pandora charms. My brothers OH really nice PJ's and dressing gown and also got her a voucher for a halk walk. Top and trousers for my aunt. Leather gloves for my brother. PJ,s for my friends little girl.

Don't have a clue what to get my wonderful husbnd. Cannot think of anything really cool this year. I think I am going to do a family photo album for my Mum. I think she would love it and also a voucher for a hotel break.

We have a large shopping list so really only a dip in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Orchidspretty...can you tell me if you know of a shop that sells these bottles. I'd quite fancy one myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I haven't got any presents yet, starting this week though :)

I'm getting my mum one of her favourite perfumes, her favourite foundation (if I can find her colour that is!) and maybe a voucher for the hairdressers (depends on money!).

As for the rest of the family:

Cousin (34) bath set and make up
    Cousin (24) no idea yet
    Cousin (15): Money or voucher!
    Auntie & uncle 1: Voucher for a restaurant
    Auntie & uncle 2: Voucher for a restaurant, and I'll get him a Sudoku book, he loves his Sudoku!
    Cousins hubby: No idea! Prob a book and lynx set as usual!
    Nannie: Looking for a DVD of Pope John Paul II and some cigarettes!
    Boyfriend: Won't say in case he reads this post!
    Boyfriends brother & his gf: Voucher for a restaurant or something!
    Dad/brother/sister: No idea, still waiting on them to give me their lists!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Orchidspretty...can you tell me if you know of a shop that sells these bottles. I'd quite fancy one myself

You can get them from Stock, on King St in Dublin, I think Avoca sell them too but they are more expensive in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Dont know the exact name of it but it is across the street from St. Stephens green if you walk out the exit by Dunnes Stores. They have a gift pack which are 26e for two bottles and an extra filter.

Oops just saw the post above. that name sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

That shop is called Stock. Apparently it's one of their best selling products. I was eyeing them up last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

operation santy claus is completed i now own shares in argos at this rate!!!! my ten year old gave me his santy list with codes for argos and the page numbers hhhhmmmm wonder he is trying to tell me something

also 17.1" laptop for the boyf sick of listening to him moan about his laptop which is broken so big brownie points for me

beautiful coat in tescos for my mam reduced to €23 so thats a start on her so only 4 siblings and 9 nieces and nephews to get for oh and kris kingle with friends and there kids so 3 more pressies

throw 3 birthdays into the mix between now and christmas and thats me done for this year!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh I love being organised early gives you time to relax and enjoy Christmas...

Those bottles look quite funky will have to have a look in cork for them..

So far I got,

My sister Kris Kringle - Beep Egg http://www.firebox.com/product/2297/BeepEgg great for cooking the perfect boiled egg, and a voucher for The Oriel in Carrigaline.

My Nephews - we are all sharing on their big pressies a
    Paper Jamz guitar and amp for one,
    Hot Wheels Wall Track Set for another,
    Lego Star Wars for the eldest.
    Then I just got them some annulas in Argos. They are the best price for them it seems, and something small.:D

The manfiend I shall have to keep hush hush as he might be spying.

That me thinks is it, I got a few of these chaps http://www.littlestarparties.ie/show_product.php?productId=22058
    http://www.littlestarparties.ie/show_product.php?productId=22059
    To decorate the odd few bottles of wine as gifts.

Think with friends we might just meet for drinks or something insted no-one really wants anything so it would be nice to enjoy a night out insted

Cousin (24) no idea yet

Just got the Clarins Barocco eye trio and face palette on eBay, cousin who's 24 will get the eye palette and a Penneys gift voucher.

The cousin who's 34 will get the face palette and a bath set.

barocco_trio_fard_a_paupier-800x600.jpg

barocco_palette_teint_pack-800x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Eeeeek ye all have so many to buy for! I've agreed with all my friends and my boyfriends friends not to do presents this year. I just have my mam, dad, brother and boyfriend. Worryingly, I'm still really short on ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

operation santy claus is completed i now own shares in argos at this rate!!!! my ten year old gave me his santy list with codes for argos and the page numbers hhhhmmmm wonder he is trying to tell me something

also 17.1" laptop for the boyf sick of listening to him moan about his laptop which is broken so big brownie points for me

beautiful coat in tescos for my mam reduced to €23 so thats a start on her so only 4 siblings and 9 nieces and nephews to get for oh and kris kingle with friends and there kids so 3 more pressies

throw 3 birthdays into the mix between now and christmas and thats me done for this year!!!!!!

God be with you woman!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I got my brother and my step brother their Christmas present in August... A holiday to Disneyland Paris on January 2nd! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Does it count if the presents are in my Amazon basket but not checked out yet? If so, I'm done :D

Still, I got about 80% of them about a month ago and will be wrapping them this afternoon (to put under the tree that goes up next weekend), the rest will be arriving from Santa Amazon whenever I hit the pay now button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I made/bought my parents a calendar with photos from events that happened during this year in the month that they happened in next year's calendar, ie: debs, snow, family gatherings etc.. :) Just waiting on it to be delivered now!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Angelandie

I've bought the presents for 2 of my nephews, my niece and my bf's 2 nieces. Have also got one of my sisters presents, and something small for my ma and my little sis. Still got to get their actual presents, plus my two brothers, another nephew, my da and my bf. Though I do know what I'm getting my bf, just need to wait til payday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I've invited my friends to my place to drink some mulled wine and "write a letter to Santa". I hope they'll give me some hints this year because I'm running out of my own ideas.
    There are also a couple of things I'd love to get myself, so I hope this helps us all.

There are a couple of things I've bought so far:
    eau de toilette for my cousin (I know she loves it, it's one of her faves)
    I've ordered a couple of books and DVDs from amazon for my mother, dad and grandparents but I didn't get them yet.
    my best friend will get a very nice pendant with Swarowski and something else.
    That's it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I don't have many to buy for.

Mother wants "Brendan Grace" dvd.
    Brother wants a scarf, got a cashmere one in Tk-maxx, better than the ones I saw in M&S.
    Sis-in-law got her a Swarovski Crystal & Silver necklace.(Adverts!:D)
    Niece (11), wants a Pennys voucher, also got her a soft toy that has a lavender beanbag inside that you heat up in the microwave and then put back inside the toy and it keeps you warm in bed etc. Got 3 of these, 2 more for another 2 nieces. (Tk-max)
    Niece (8) wanted Sylvanian Family figures. (Debenhams were cheeper than Argos)
    Niece (5) wanted a toy Lizard! Got a few beenie toys on-line.

I always get them specialty sweets also from pick and mix place in Stephen's green.

Friend (40) laptop suitcase & Crystal Champagne Flutes
    Friend (47) Dior Lipstick & Perfume.

I always buy extra presents like dvds, books, scented candles, etc.. Just in case I've left someone out or if I think part of their present is a bit mean I can add to it.

I usually buy gifts throughout the year even if I'm not sure who I'm buying for. I always have a few gift @home ready to be given out as Birthday or Christmas presents. I usually have everything bought before December as I can't handle last minute shopping or the crowds of other people shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Son: Nintendo DS; Skateboard; Helmet; Lego; Remote Control Tarantula; Spitting Dinosaur - yet to get surprise, stocking fillers and jigsaws
    Daughter: Mobile Phone; Talking Pony; yet to get surprise, stocking fillers and girlie make up things
    Lover: Ahem; Ahem; Ahhemmmm
    Dad: Battery charger thing
    Mom: Sewing machine (well, i've yet to get this as I am awaiting the local lidl clearance sale to have these at the weekend)
    Mom & Dad from Grandkids: Handframed recent portrait of grandkids
    Aunties x 3: PJ's
    Niece: Goofy teddy; Dora Doll; Clothes
    Nephew: High chair; Vtec toys; Clothes
    Niece: Sketcher Ugg type boots; Thorntons Santy
    Nephews x 2: 2 x Game Vouchers: 2 x Thorntons Santies
    Dad In Law - Heineken Cup Stand Tickets @ Thomond Park & Munster scarf
    Mom In Law - Guess Handbag
    Mom & Dad In Law from Grandkids: Handframed recent portrait of grandkids
    God Daughter - Talking Pony
    Friends Sons x 2 - 2 x Outfits
    Childminder: Perfume Set & Wine Hamper
    Children @ Childminders x 3: 3 x PJ's & Thorntons Santys
    Teachers x 2: 2 x Barrettstown Donations (to be purchased this week)
    Postman: Bottle of Whiskey (will give to him Christmas week)
    Uncle: Comedy DVD
    Irish Dancing Teacher: Bottle of Wine

Wow, now that I've written it down I can now see I've been busy but also I am almost done - go me!

After all that hard work I really need to treat ME!!!!:p

I haven't got any presents yet, starting this week though :)

I'm getting my mum one of her favourite perfumes, her favourite foundation (if I can find her colour that is!) and maybe a voucher for the hairdressers (depends on money!).

As for the rest of the family:

Cousin (24) no idea yet
    Cousin (15): Money or voucher!
    Auntie & uncle 1: Voucher for a restaurant
    Auntie & uncle 2: Voucher for a restaurant, and I'll get him a Sudoku book, he loves his Sudoku!
    Cousins hubby: No idea! Prob a book and lynx set as usual!
    Nannie: Looking for a DVD of Pope John Paul II and some cigarettes!
    Boyfriend: Won't say in case he reads this post!
    Boyfriends brother & his gf: Voucher for a restaurant or something!
    Dad/brother/sister: No idea, still waiting on them to give me their lists!

So we've decided to do Kris Kindle this year, thankfully.

So I only have my mother, grandmother, boyfriend, boyfriends bro & gf to buy for and of course whoever I get in the Kris Kindle.

So less money to spend, less stress too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just have two gift left to buy and I'll be sorted. :D
    Here's my list:

Mom: Gucci Guilty perfume
    Stepdad: Star Wars: Complete Blu-Ray Collection
    Brother: Tom Waits new album
    Aunt: Speakers for her laptop
    Aunt#2: trio of perfume giftset from Avon
    Stepmother: Christian Lacroix Noir perfume
    Dad: Band of Brothers boxset
    Cousin: Soap & Glory Boxset
    Cousin#2: Soap & Glory boxset
    Cousin#3: Soap & Glory Boxset
    Gran: Handbag
    Uncle: Pacco Rabanne aftershave/

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Mammy: Making up a gift basket of treats with dvd's, books etc
    Dad: Gloves for hiking that you can use your iphone with!
    Sister:Coffee maker and fun travel mug.
    Cousin:Money
    Cousin:jigsaw
    Cousin:Jigsaw
    Cousin:my first xmas teddy
    Cousin: Crayola set
    Boyfriend: Victorinox Traveller Swiss Army Kinfe (can do fun things like altimeter,barometer,temperature,alarm etc etc. And I'm going to have the blade engraved :)
    Auntie:Kindle Voucher
    Granny-No clue
    Granny 2-no clue
    Grandad-no clue
    auntie and uncle: not a clue!

At least the majority is done though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Posy wrote: »
    All bought and wrapped since the start of October. :)

I salute you....................taking hat off now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I havent started yer, however I have a game plan.

The decs are up, and the pressie list is in my head, I got promoted to manager in my job a few months ago, and I will get this months wages next Friday, I have been living like a spartan for the last few months so all my wages is for PRIZES.

I have rostered myself off the monday after said paycheck and the whole lot will be blown in one fell swoop and wrapped etc.

Like the clever loan parent that I am I made my weeman send off his letter to santa circa the first of sept before the ads, toyshow etc...............

Ok so sounds like my game plan is watertight..............althought technically except the decorations nothing had actually happend yet...............will check back in and let ye know how I get on..............

ps any suggestions as to what to get a Shirley Valentinesque mother who went on hols last easter to Malta and never cam back..............

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I have only one present bought. I bought my parents a saorview box and gave it to them already:P I figured they would want to use it over Christmas. I really have to get on with it though. I havent even started on my kids presents:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I read this thread hoping for inspritation for OH's present, but sorry lads ye gave me nothing!

He's 33, into gadgets / games / films but i think he has nearly all he wants. doesnt like adventure / days out gifts, not in to reading so no books / doesnt like me buying him clothes so i really am at a loss.

all suggestions gratefully recieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I read this thread hoping for inspritation for OH's present, but sorry lads ye gave me nothing!

He's 33, into gadgets / games / films but i think he has nearly all he wants. doesnt like adventure / days out gifts, not in to reading so no books / doesnt like me buying him clothes so i really am at a loss.

all suggestions gratefully recieved!

Is there a particular genre of film he is into? What games console does he have (PC, XBOX etc..)? What type of game does he typically buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

he has PS3 and i have Wii. but i dont know if there are any games he really wants. he doesnt spend much time playing it...

Advertisement