Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want my Christmas tree up NOW

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SAN123

Hot Lips wrote: »
    I saw one of those, it had something like an upturned umbrella underneath to catch the snow!:pac:

I left the shop without it for the same reason you did,too many trees already.

I found it in Raheny, in a hardware shop, bit pricey though at 95 Euro.
    Having 2 indoor cats, all that snow falling was another reason I didn't buy it.:eek::D

Hey Hot Lips where abouts is the hardware in Raheny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Two indoor cats here too. No pretty glass baubles on our tree :( Everything is shatterproof or made of fabric. The fat one (part Maine Coon so he weighs a tonne) tried to climb the inside of my lovely tree from Woodies and broke the very first branch he put his weight on! Have to keep that side turned into the corner now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Alicat wrote: »
    Two indoor cats here too. No pretty glass baubles on our tree :( Everything is shatterproof or made of fabric. The fat one (part Maine Coon so he weighs a tonne) tried to climb the inside of my lovely tree from Woodies and broke the very first branch he put his weight on! Have to keep that side turned into the corner now!

three cats two dogs cause havoc, but over the years i have accumulated about 4 trees worth of pretty glass baubles, and the set of 'catproof' ones has deminished to about half a plastic bag full :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I honestly couldn't even justify spending money on glass ones with these two around :pac:

However, it's not only cats that cause havoc with Christmas trees!

Alicat wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't even justify spending money on glass ones with these two around :pac:

However, it's not only cats that cause havoc with Christmas trees!

poor dog looks so sorry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I drew a Christmas tree on my calendar tonight, to mark my decorating date, can't wait now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Off topic posts/quoted posts have been deleted.

This is not the forum for discussion on cats and dogs in general, and who is right and who is wrong.

Carry on Christmas!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

BACK TO CHRISTMAS TREES :rolleyes:

Have decided that next Friday I am DEFINATLEY putting my tree up :D
    Only 1 week to go ....... Whoop Whoop :P :P

BACK TO CHRISTMAS TREES :rolleyes:

Have decided that next Friday I am DEFINATLEY putting my tree up :D
    Only 1 week to go ....... Whoop Whoop :P :P

i most deffo hope to join you, re-arrangement permitting. said re-arranging has suffered a setback in that the mother has banjaxed her back. now i shall continue on my own, but with her mooching, always looking to sit, unable to step over piles of boardgames that i 'temporarily' stick in the middle of the floor :pac: it shall be 'interesting'

I think there can be a lot of 'what would people think' mentality about decorations sometimes.. If you want to decorate for Christmas, just do it when you want!
    There will always be someone who thinks any day before Christmas eve is too early, you can't please everyone! ;)

Cannot wait until next week! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

SAN123 wrote: »
    Hey Hot Lips where abouts is the hardware in Raheny

It's in Raheny Village, between the Library and the original Post Office (now moved to inside Super Value).

I'm still getting people saying to me "You're putting your tree up a day before December 1st!? You already have your presents bought?! But it's soooo early!!"

1. It's NOT early, it'll be barely four weeks away by then.

2. I'll have the last laugh when you're racing around crowded shops Christmas week looking for presents, trying to find a decent Christmas tree and looking for replacement lights because you've discovered the ones you just got down from the attic don't work- and I'm at home admiring my tree and eating mince pies.
    Mwa ha ha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Well as the title says..... I am itching to put my Christmas tree up for the last few days :( I know its too early. This time next week I MIGHT get away with it but with all the christmas talk, trees up in the shops, songs playing in the supermarket and ads on the telly ..... I WANT MY CHRISTMAS TREE UP NOW:P :P :P
    saw my first xmas tree up 10 days ago in galway, lovely blue shinny lits:eek::eek:..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I have 3 trees but last year was a disaster. We had just got a new cat (well he got us :D) He went insane pulling the trees down.(Hes an indoor cat)
    Bearing in mind that it was my 1st time putting up decorations for maybe 15 years,I was dissapointed. I really wanted twinkley!!

So this year Im putting 2 trees outside and also putting lights on the real trees in the garden. Ive been buying them all year :D

I really really want the snowing tree but they are pricey :(
    If I do get it I'll put in the bay window in the front bedroom,that way insane cat cant get to it ;)

Im sorting out all my stuff tomorrow and hope to be ready to switch on by Dec 8th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Finally got my tree up at the weekend.Really delighted with it. Have some lovely lights in the window that I got in IKEA. They're snowballs and in the daytime when not lit they look like snow!!!

strala-hang-lights-drape--snowballs__0134031_PE289864_S4.JPG

I'll put up some pics when I get a chance.
    Oh it's so cosy having the house (almost) Christmassy - still have other rooms to decorate yet!

i'm a bit behind due to being sick. hope to have it sorted by tuesday/wednesday latest tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Friday, before the toy show, thats when mine is going up! Can wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

December 1st is Christmas tree day-so excited :)
    Although no idea where Im gonna fit it in my apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Cant wait to put up my tree, Just moving into our new home and the box full of christmas stuff is in the corner ready to be the first box unpacked this friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Putting mine up at the weekend! All excited!!:D It's Toy Show weekend also! EEEEK!

• Advertisement
Advertisement