Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want my Christmas tree up NOW

Options
  • 15-11-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Well as the title says..... I am itching to put my Christmas tree up for the last few days :( I know its too early. This time next week I MIGHT get away with it but with all the christmas talk, trees up in the shops, songs playing in the supermarket and ads on the telly ..... I WANT MY CHRISTMAS TREE UP NOW:P :P :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Me too!! I am dying to put the tree up as I have most of my christmas presents bought and can't wait to put them under the tree:). I realised today though that there is over a month till christmas so will be intresting to see how long I can wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Was feeling a tad weasely last Thursday night so decided a bag of Chips might be in order - off to the Chipper and about four miles in I look out the passenger window at a particualrly nice bungalow as it seemed very brighty lit.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: THEY HAD A HUGE CHRISTMAS TREE ALL LIT UP IN THE CORNER OF THE SITTINGROOM!!! Well all weasly thoughts were banished immediately!

Hurrah for the souls brave enough to whip out the decs and trim away this early! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

A house up the road from us has a tree in their porch already, fully lit, was nice to see out walking the dogs and whilst I do love Christmas I was genuinely a little surprised cuz I don't normally see them up this early in houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

If you want to put it up I say lash it up! It's not like you run the risk of arrest or anything like that. A single mother on our road put hers up for her son the first Christmas in the house and they left it up until they moved out 6 years later.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I get to decorate my workplace around mid November so I've already gotten the detangling of lights etc out of my system!!

I'll probably put my tree at home up the last weekend in November. I love getting to December 1st and having all my decorations sorted, tree up and presents bought.. I feel much more relaxed and festive! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I saw a fabulous tree for sale in shop window in town today.(limerick)

It SNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the fact I already have two massive trees - one for sittingroom and one for the kitchen/living room I would buy it.

Birdie086 wrote: »

WHAT??? WHERE EXACTLY WAS IT?? :eek:
    I want!! I want!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Posy wrote: »

On O Connell street in limerick, where Empire Music used to be, its fab, I think it said about 120 euro, I was talking to the guy that owns the shop today and he said there were people visiting Limerick from northhampton last week and they wanted to buy the tree and fly it over to england!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

MyKeyG wrote: »
    If you want to put it up I say lash it up! It's not like you run the risk of arrest or anything like that. A single mother on our road put hers up for her son the first Christmas in the house and they left it up until they moved out 6 years later.

:eek::eek::eek:

when mine goes up there will be like ONE present under it. have bought only one, some are hard to comeby and then the mother is beyond skint (so am i but...) so whether there be anything under for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Would love to be brave and throw it up but I know the kids would go in to school and tell their teachers and friends that their Mammy put the Christmas tree up ........ know their friends would probably think they are sooooo lucky and Im the best but I'm quite sure their parents wouldnt think the same LOL .......... but then it is MY house and MY tree should be able to do what I like and what business is it of the neighbours ........... NO STOP, ITS TOO EARLY. HAVE TO STOP CONVINCING MYSELF ;);)

• Advertisement

Would love to be brave and throw it up but I know the kids would go in to school and tell their teachers and friends that their Mammy put the Christmas tree up ........ know their friends would probably think they are sooooo lucky and Im the best but I'm quite sure their parents wouldnt think the same LOL .......... but then it is MY house and MY tree should be able to do what I like and what business is it of the neighbours ........... NO STOP, ITS TOO EARLY. HAVE TO STOP CONVINCING MYSELF ;);)

That's a good point..you'd be doing it for your kids...... ;)

It's only 5 weeks away.. that's not too early!! ;)

Christmas FM is launching on November 29th, think I have selected my date for putting my tree up, eeeeeeek! :):)

Christmas FM is launching on November 29th, think I have selected my date for putting my tree up, eeeeeeek! :):)

do tell?

Erm.. there's no more to tell, apart from that I'm putting up the tree on the 29th.
    Christmas fm will be starting at 8am that morning, eep! :D

All the frequencies and details are listed in the 'Christmas fm' thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Birdie086 wrote: »

Only for the fact I already have two massive trees - one for sittingroom and one for the kitchen/living room I would buy it.

I saw one of those, it had something like an upturned umbrella underneath to catch the snow!:pac:

I left the shop without it for the same reason you did,too many trees already.

I found it in Raheny, in a hardware shop, bit pricey though at 95 Euro.
    Having 2 indoor cats, all that snow falling was another reason I didn't buy it.:eek::D

Erm.. there's no more to tell, apart from that I'm putting up the tree on the 29th.
    Christmas fm will be starting at 8am that morning, eep! :D

All the frequencies and details are listed in the 'Christmas fm' thread. :)

i don't have an exact date for mine going up yet (complete overhaul and re-arrangement of living room commences this afternoon. as SOOON as that is done the decs are coming down and by god they are going up. so i can pretty safely bet they shall be up in the next week or two, before december anyway. eeep happy me :)

off to check the christmas fm thread. hmmm now is there a radio in this house anywhere - i think i may have forgotten what such a contraption looks like :o:D

Seen the 'snowing' trees on youtube to see what they're like, they do seem a bit messy alright.. and I want my presents under it, not a big pit of fake snow!

Another thing that put me off was, what if something happened in the mechanism that made the snow fall.
    The tree itself without the snow wouldn't look the best.

No, it'd just look a bit weird alright!
    Also, having a cat too, I'd be worried he'd try and eat the snow and choke.. or think it was a fancy new litter box! :o

• Advertisement

Owning cats re this tree, the scenarios are endless,tbh!:D

Hot Lips wrote: »
    Owning cats re this tree, the scenarios are endless,tbh!:D

I thought I was going to have Cat v Tree ructions too, but surprisingly mine are pretty well behaved - except Gru, who kept attacking a certain line of snowballs in the bottom branches. Swift removal to their cat house outdoors a few times solved that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i love real christmas trees so as soon as i see them for sale ill put my tree up :D

Years ago, a cat that was friends with my cat (she actually belonged to next door..) decided to sit under my tree and wee on one of the presents!!
    It caused some last minute panic re-purchasing in my house that Christmas! :eek:

Years ago, a cat that was friends with my cat (she actually belonged to next door..) decided to sit under my tree and wee on one of the presents!!
    It caused some last minute panic re-purchasing in my house that Christmas! :eek:

That reminds me of my old neighbour's evil little b of a dog, Bimbo, who followed her everywhere including into our house - one St Stephens day she arrived up and the little monster mutt cocked his leg on my just-received Stylophone and ruined it. Of course I got a clip on the ear instead of my mother having the guts to say something to the neighbour.:mad::rolleyes:

What?! If someone's pet did that to one of my child's Christmas presents I would at least demand that they pay for it!

What?! If someone's pet did that to one of my child's Christmas presents I would at least demand that they pay for it!

Me too, but that's just the way with some people.

A happier memory is of the year I bought my little bro (14yr age difference)a Tonka Truck (great things, lasted for YEARS) and tucked it right in under the tree. He got up and did the usual post-Santa rampage and I left him to it as he was having a ball. After dinner I asked him to make sure he'd got everything out from under the tree. He dug it out and ripped it open and proceeded to bawl his eyes out, saying he's always wanted it.
    Felt like Santa himself that year........ :)

Ah, that's lovely!
    Sometimes the giving is so much better that the receiving! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aquarian_fire

I know I really don't like putting up christmas decorations before December... but I still like looking at the things I could be decorating my house with. It's kind of a weird position to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

With all the talk of cats and christmas trees, i had to post this. :D I have two indoor cats too, nightmare at christmas! :rolleyes:

Advertisement