Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

So do we do this by sterilization? I mean the lower are just going to raise uneducated oiks so we should probably start with them. Me, personally I would start with the kids that show consumerist tendencies at an early age like wanting presents from Santa or money from the tooth fairy. Then I think we should put a cap on how old you can live until because lets face it between nappies and hip operations old people use up a lot of resources. It's just a pity that with the fact you will have no children, we won't have your progeny to spread your fantastic ideas and help us decide who should be neutered or slaughtered to help us keep these people under control for their own good.
    #

Erm no. We do it by people hopefully realising that as it stands we dont need any more people on the planet, so we use that crazy invention called contraception and stop procreating until we have learnt how to live sustainably.

At no point did I mention neutering or slaughtering. That was entirely your idea, and not a very good one if I'm honest. But this is the unpopular opinions thread, so I should expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

#

Erm no. We do it by people hopefully realising that as it stands we dont need any more people on the planet, so we use that crazy invention called contraception and stop procreating until we have learnt how to live sustainably.

At no point did I mention neutering or slaughtering. That was entirely your idea, and not a very good one if I'm honest. But this is the unpopular opinions thread, so I should expect it.

And, once again. Thats where we are at. 2 children on average per couple, unless you mean 0 children on average per couple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yes but what a large proportion of the planet are doing is damaging it greatly. Thats like saying, ah sure those people dumping radioactive waste into the water supply are happy doing it so lets not bother them.
    No it's not. What they're doing is illegal. What everyone else is doing is just called 'Living day to day'.

The Earth is in no danger from humans. Bringing actual facts into the issue is, apparently, not welcome but the Earth is at replacement level already - that is the number of kids per generation is the same as their parents. Probably for the first time in history. This is already a sea change. The rest is largely scare mongering. At the start of the 20th century there were 1 billion people, now there are seven, thats a 700% increase. The increase from now will be 40%, and then a decline.

So we aint going to run out of resources. Or food. Or anything like that. And the solar system is full of metals. As for global warming, we could fix that fairly easily, a big old hose pipe would do it.

You must not have seen my earlier post where I said that, believe it or not, I'm not solely concerned with how things effect us wonderful humans. Its not just about resources for ourselves. Its the recources that other animals and plants rely on that we are stripping away.
    I already stated that 1 species of plant or animal becomes extinct every 20 minutes. Our growth both in population and style of living is accountable for most of these.

How can you not think that is a problem? Maybe you just dont agree with my solution, but you must agree that its a problem?

Would you want to live on a planet where theres enough resources for humans, but not for any other wild species? The eco systems would break down = not exactly fun.

You must not have seen my earlier post where I said that, believe it or not, I'm not solely concerned with how things effect us wonderful humans. Its not just about resources for ourselves. Its the recources that other animals and plants rely on that we are stripping away.
    I already stated that 1 species of plant or animal becomes extinct every 20 minutes. Our growth both in population and style of living is accountable for most of these.
    I cant find any reasonable links to that statistic, you come fifth in a google search for it - you on this thread. The rest are Guardian articles, little actual proper reportage.

Where would it be happening? Europe has been industrialised or has had heavy agriculture for centuries, most of EuroAsia has too. All extinctions we caused are at the early part of our cycle.
    How can you not think that is a problem? Maybe you just dont agree with my solution, but you must agree that its a problem?

It could be, if true, or if it affects humans or what we survive on. Otherwise they are all heading towards extinction anyway.
    Would you want to live on a planet where theres enough resources for humans, but not for any other wild species? The eco systems would break down = not exactly fun.

Yes, if it affects humans.

• Advertisement

I cant find any reasonable links to that statistic, you come fifth in a google search for it - you on this thread. The rest are Guardian articles, little actual proper reportage.

Where would it be happening? Europe has been industrialised or has had heavy agriculture for centuries, most of EuroAsia has too. All extinctions we caused are at the early part of our cycle.

It could be, if true, or if it affects humans or what we survive on. Otherwise they are all heading towards extinction anyway.

Here is the info I'm talking about.

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/biodiversity/biodiversity/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/01/020109074801.htm

I guess where our opinions differ the most is you seem to be mostly concerned with whether it impacts on humans. Whereas I 'm thinking more about what the impact on everything else is.

Im not suggesting one opinion is better than the other, just saying thats how it is. Maybe I'm too much of a hippie or whatever.

Look this debate has been going on for a few pages now. Ive expressed and explained my opinion as best I can. This is after all the UNPOPULAR opinions thread, so I dont really feel a need to continue defending it, as I'm not trying to win anyone round to my way of thinking, I was just posting my own unpopular opinion.

Now I'm off to my eutopia :D

yes, we are off topic. start a thread, would be an interesting debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

Angela Merkel is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Angela Merkel is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

If they are so desperate to have a child why dont they adopt one, there are hundreds of thousands of children that need loving homes. I think its quite selfish to create more with the situation as it is.

People want their own children. They just won't admit it.
    I mean I'd rather have my own baby than a child thats going to grow up asking about their 'real' parents, which would be too painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

People want their own children. They just won't admit it.
    I mean I'd rather have my own baby than a child thats going to grow up asking about their 'real' parents, which would be too painful.

If their parents didn't want them, why would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Of course the break down of eco systems affects humans!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Those drivers with the mirrors covered organge, white and green are supporting the Ivory Coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

FishBowel wrote: »
    Those drivers with the mirrors covered organge, white and green are supporting the Ivory Coast!

I said that to a fella while passing his drivers window the other day, he looked at me and asked whats Ivory Coast? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

I said that to a fella while passing his drivers window the other day, he looked at me and asked whats Ivory Coast? :rolleyes:

What a bummer. If only his knowledge of Geography was better he would have realised how hilarious you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    What a bummer. If only his knowledge of Geography was better he would have realised how hilarious you are.

I was just pointing it out to him, I wasn't having fun at his expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

FishBowel wrote: »

Many of them probably are from the Ivory Coast !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

All these tattoos of paws on tits, this must be the new tramp stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Varied wrote: »
    All these tattoos of paws on tits, this must be the new tramp stamp.

WTF? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

marcbrophy wrote: »
    WTF? :pac:

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/eve.jpg

Seen a good few with them. Must be because of the above mongoloid.

• Advertisement

Germany couldn't take Europe by force but they are close to a successful economical rule of Europe. Germany will be victorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Fcuking hell :D

I've seen them before and never liked them. I hope theres no trend for those things. Tramp stamps are far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

He probably knows it as Côte d'Ivoire

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

I don't want any further integration with other EU member states. In fact, I'd rather back up a step or two.

Joining the euro was a pretty bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That 'Anglea Merkel Thinks We're At Work' flag isn't really all that funny.

"gay" mates are too touchy, feely sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭santana75

We'd like to portray ourselves as liberal, friendly and welcoming nation, but in reality we're very conservative, and more than a little racist.

santana75 wrote: »
    We'd I like to portray ourselves myself as a liberal, friendly and welcoming nation person, but in reality we're I am very conservative, and more than a little racist.

Is this fixed post not fairer to the rest of us ? People just are. It's not a choice between being one or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

Greentopia wrote: »
    Statistically a majority of the population now agree with that- 73% of the population support same sex marriage- so how is it unpopular? of course gay rights will always be unpopular with some but it's a minority position nowadays.

Meaning Already have The Same Rights !

The purpose of Opinion Polls is to tell you (in-form you ) what your opinion should be.
    Perception Management.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement