Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite moments in Star Trek

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

The nebula scene in Best of Both Worlds. Great sense of tension.

Also makes Picard the man for his strategic genius and extensive knowledge of space geography.

Kiith wrote: »
    Reminds me of this (think it was posted here before) :P

4176b1e4b9c947286aadf973c3bf9eb3.gif

That's the funniest thing I've seen here in a while. It actually gave meaning to the phrase laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Not so much a moment but an episode, DS9 Sons of Mogh.
    Randomly watched that episode yesterday and forgot how good it was, there were lots of little enjoyable bits thrown into the episode like a fun likable Kira, interesting interaction between Worf/Dax and Worf/Kurn, I knew the actor was familiar from another DS9 episode but didn't realize until I looked it was he who played Jake Sisko in The Visitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Not so much a moment but an episode, DS9 Sons of Mogh.
    Randomly watched that episode yesterday and forgot how good it was, there were lots of little enjoyable bits thrown into the episode like a fun likable Kira, interesting interaction between Worf/Dax and Worf/Kurn, I knew the actor was familiar from another DS9 episode but didn't realize until I looked it was he who played Jake Sisko in The Visitor.

He's also the Candyman, from the film of the same name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nearly sure he played a Hirogen too. His voice is so distinctive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He's also in The Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

And he was General Juma, the main bad guy in Season 7 of 24.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yesterdays Enterprise is on Pick TV now, quality episode

Such a funny episode in the explosions that kills Garrett and Riker there's rocks involved :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Such a funny episode in the explosions that kills Garrett and Riker there's rocks involved :D:D

I like the way 10 Forward is done too, big 'Old School' fed symbol under the ship name.

And the overall dark mood lights too.

• Advertisement

gatecrash wrote: »
    I like the way 10 Forward is done too, big 'Old School' fed symbol under the ship name.

And the overall dark mood lights too.

Would have been great as a 2 parter a - la In a Mirror Darkly but still a good ep.

I've often wondered if at the TNG level, if the Klingons, Romulans, Cardis decided to go at each other what would be the result.

I can do this in Armada 2! However i have lost the damn CD yet again :eek:

Let us ensure that history never forgets the name.... ENTERPRISE.

LOVE that line!!

The way Picard hops over the weapons console at the end is also cheesey but fantastic aswell!

It's interesting that this episode has the slow ponderous ship of the line style fighting too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The best non 2 parter episode in Star Trek of any series.

May be an outlandish statement, but it is my 2 cents on the matter.

The best non 2 parter episode in Star Trek of any series.

May be an outlandish statement, but it is my 2 cents on the matter.

It's definitely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The Inner Light would still get that title for me. Yesterday's Enterprise is all kinds of awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Commander Remmick, going through peoples logs, accusing Picard of incompetence, but when he annoys Picard and Picard tells him to shut up and get out of his way, I'm like FCUK YEAH!!

This was possibly posted here already, but worth a double post if so :D

That episode is on CBS Action now.

• Advertisement

Voager - Season 6 - "Pathfinder"

Diana Troi - "Why don't you start from the very beginning?"
    Reg Barclay - "Ok...it began in the holodeck....doesn't it always..."
    Diana Troi - *Inhales & takes a deep sigh, wincing at Reg - "Go on..."

:D Lovely little nod to Reg's past holodeck antics involving Troi I thought

Another moment from Pathfinder, though admittedly I'm not sure how much of an impact it would have if you were randomly watching episodes & not in any order. But if you started from the start, & reached this point...when Captain Janeway is able to reply to Reg's message, moments before he's hauled away in cuffs...its a very nice moment. Janeway & the crew are in direct contact with Earth for the first time...& its captured well.

Reg is a fantastic character :cool:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Reg is a fantastic character :cool:

Couldn't agree more!

Something that just stuck in my mind for years, Picard in The Inner Light saying 'I'm the someone' was a perfectly delivered line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Just to celebrate it's anniversary, one of my fav videos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I really like the one where they show up in an alternate universe (TOS)

However i like MANY tos episodes!

Advertisement