Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to rollies !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Amber Leaf is by far the nicest tobacco in my opinion, with red rizla papers. I find Drum to be very weak and Golden Virginia tastes like vomit. Dry Amber Leaf seriously cuts your throat though, horrible, so make sure to put a piece of orange peel into the packet if it dries out, as someone said already!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

i have to defend golden vag here, iv smoked it for years!
    you just need to air it out over night or put it on a sheet of paper and on the radiator for a few min, get some of the moisture out! best way is in direct sunshine but how often can we do that here!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭tombom112

brownacid wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9288634/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGifts%7C14417351/c_2/3%7C19780823%7CNovelty+gifts%7C14417403/c_3/4%7Ccat_14417403%7CDrinking+and+smoking+gifts%7C14417408.htm

I think this is the one a friend of mine used to use for special rollies, if i remember correctly you just put in teh skin pre licked and your ingredients(tobacco+filter) and push the lid down, out pops a perfectly rolled smoke. the tin also has space for tobacco storage. I actually meant to buy one a while back when i was driving a lot as it would be great for in the car.

Apart from that after a week of rolling your own you really do start to get the hang of it, it takes me maybe 30 seconds to decide to have a smoke to having it lit. After a few days smoking some un savoury looking creations she'll soon learn the art.

I got her one on ebay very like that one, but it was a fiver, we'll see whats its like when i get them, also got i think its 1500 rizla filters and papers for 15e dont know if thats a good price for them? thanks for the replys, i gave up fags meself a good while ago but if i were smokin now it seems with the price of them rollin is the only way to go, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

I smoke amber leaf myself, 12.5g lasts me about 3 days. I reckon I get about just under 50 rollies out of it. Saves me a fortune! If I was smoking fags I would spend about €45.50 a week where as now I only spend about €10.20! Thats for tobacco, skins and filters for the week!

220px-Amber_Leaft_10g_with_free_Rolling_Papers.jpg

brembo26 wrote: »
    I smoke amber leaf myself, 12.5g lasts me about 3 days. I reckon I get about just under 50 rollies out of it. Saves me a fortune! If I was smoking fags I would spend about €45.50 a week where as now I only spend about €10.20! Thats for tobacco, skins and filters for the week!

220px-Amber_Leaft_10g_with_free_Rolling_Papers.jpg

they have to be the skinniest rollies in the world, i get about 1 &1/2 days from that and mine arnt fat!

• Advertisement

they have to be the skinniest rollies in the world, i get about 1 &1/2 days from that and mine arnt fat!

Same thickness as the rizla ultra slim filters if not a bit bigger!

4046.jpg

Same thickness as the rizla slim filters if not a bit bigger!

so your smoking those lady slim cigs basically!

so your smoking those lady slim cigs basically!

There not that skinny! :P

Anyway, the reason why I get about 3 days out of them is because id smoke only around 10-12 a day.

Hand rolled as well, cant stand them machines. Even the bigger filters are too thin for the way the machine rolls them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I've been smoking the rolliesfor over 10 years now and have only smoked maybe 3 cigarettes in that time. I'd never consider buying a pack of fags. It just seems so wasteful and the size of the damned things is intimidating. They have about three times the volume of rollies.

I'd smoke less than 10 a day and get around 3 days from a 12.5g pouch. That's about €5 for 3 days. Most cigarette smokers I know smoke 20 a day. I don't know the price of fags but it must cost them close to €27 for those same three days.

Cigarettes seem daft to me. The only advantage that I can see for cigarette smokers is that there is an instant cigarette ready for them when they need it but then again, it only takes about 20 seconds for an experienced rollie smoker to roll.

There's really no excuse for cigarettes other than laziness (and perhaps taste).

Wont be long now before the government brings up the cost of rolling tobacco now too since i'm sure a lot of people changed over since they had less money in there pocket. fingers crossed they wont :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grounded

Thinking of changing to rollies, too expensive to smoke cigs in this country. Have tried G.V. and its a nice smoke. A mate of mine says he can get me 50g packs for a tenner that come from somewhere in the E.U., am wondering if they would be the same as the stuff we buy in the shops here????

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Wont be long now before the government brings up the cost of rolling tobacco now too since i'm sure a lot of people changed over since they had less money in there pocket. fingers crossed they wont :(

I think they will.

One thing I have noticed is that more people are asking me about rollies and if I am out, people asking me to roll one for them, trying them and saying they are grand and way cheaper and are converting over to them.

A short time ago, I think there was a snob/ look down, on people who smoked roolies (just my thoughts) but the same people now are trying and a lot of cases converting to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Same thickness as the rizla ultra slim filters if not a bit bigger!

4046.jpg
    That's tiny :eek: Or else I just make really fat rollies...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Just wondering is there any price difference between each brand? 25g pouch really..

Namlub wrote: »
    That's tiny :eek: Or else I just make really fat rollies...

Ahh yeah sure some people prefer them fatter all right. I find them grand that way once I get a good tight wrap around the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Any tips on methods of rolling?

its like clicking your fingers but gently!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

I can not roll by hand. Save yourself hassle and purchase the silver roller. I got a spare one yesterday in my local discount shop for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Any tips on methods of rolling?

What works for me might not work for you. Everyone develops their own style/method or rolling.
    When you have your paper loaded hold it between thumbs and index fingers lightly. Put your index fingers tip to tip then bend the cig fractionally. Pinch in the corners and roll it up.

It's just practice.
    B1gft wrote: »
    I can not roll by hand. Save yourself hassle and purchase the silver roller. I got a spare one yesterday in my local discount shop for €5.
    I never liked the rollups from machines. They were always too fat and loose for my tastes. They also only work well with nicely conditioned tobacco. If the tobacco is too moist or to dry or to twiggy then the machines struggle to produce a good smoke.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement