Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Can you get me a job wherever you work?!! :p

The one and only plus of having a big birthday this year, all tickets are presents!!!

Trying to find a hotel with no luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

with here still being plenty available does this maybe seem like a gig too far following on form Limerick, Cork and Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

bennyl10 wrote: »
    with here still being plenty available does this maybe seem like a gig too far following on form Limerick, Cork and Belfast.

They're only on sale 4 hours, and there for all we know there could be 100 or 20,000 tickets left!

Can you get me a job wherever you work?!! :p

The one and only plus of having a big birthday this year, all tickets are presents!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

same, tryed 7 places so far, booked out :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Carlow town is not too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I AM GOING TO THE GIG CAN'T WAIT.

I am not going for the music though.

I am going there to ask 100 random people to name more than 10 songs of the "legend" that is Bruce S.

These "super fans" should be able to rattle off >50. We will see.

He is great though - perfect for old wrinklies who want to believe they are at a "rock" concert.

omicron wrote: »
    They're only on sale 4 hours, and there for all we know there could be 100 or 20,000 tickets left!

You had thomond gone by now, and Belfast if I remember? we also had a mention that cork was almost sold..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

mozattack wrote: »

I am going there to ask 100 random people to name more than 10 songs of the "legend" that is Bruce S.

He is great though - perfect for old wrinklies who want to believe they are at a "rock" concert.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

You had thomond gone by now, and Belfast if I remember? we also had a mention that cork was almost sold..

Yeah but the 4th and 5th were never going to sell as quickly as the first 3!

• Advertisement

'Old Wrinklies'? I'm 19 and a big Bruce fan.. I have barely any wrinkles thank you very much :P and having seen Green Day, Muse and Rammstein live, three of the supposed best live bands on the planet, I can tell you Bruce and E Street put on a show that could rival, if not is better than any of theirs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

threein99 wrote: »

What would a taxi to kilkenny from carlow cost do you reckon? I've booked a place in Carlow just in case. It has free cancellation so I'll use it if I can't get somewhere in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

denisoc16 wrote: »
    What would a taxi to kilkenny from carlow cost do you reckon? I've booked a place in Carlow just in case. It has free cancellation so I'll use it if I can't get somewhere in Kilkenny.

Quite a bit. I'm going to give a guess of over €60.

Try to find other people that are travelling that way. If you had another 5/6 people then the cost wouldn't be as severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Just cancelled a double room in Hotel Kilkenny 2 mins ago, someone get on that asap if they want a room.

threein99 wrote: »

l'v to walk :(

still no luck :( lm going on my own so l guess that doesnt help...one of the B&B owners l was talking to told my that O Loughlins GAA club, across from Nowlan Park sometimes allow people to camp their if theres still a demand for accomdation...anyone know anything about this?

l'd nearly sleep anywhere bar the street :S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

still no luck :( lm going on my own so l guess that doesnt help...one of the B&B owners l was talking to told my that O Loughlins GAA club, across from Nowlan Park sometimes allow people to camp their if theres still a demand for accomdation...anyone know anything about this?

l'd nearly sleep anywhere bar the street :S

Try these guys. You could camp there if you're really stuck.

Thanks be to god!! got the last bed in a cheap hostel!

Anyone else stuck for accomdation sort it now & check hostels, so lucky to get one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Saturday is sold out and only a few left for Sunday. Yeay!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

denisoc16 wrote: »

There's trains between Carlow and Kilkenny, you would probably have to get a taxi home from it alright, that would be 60-70 quid I'd say.

• Advertisement

Ring Kilkenny tourist office and they can help you. I rang and they gave me a pile of B&B numbers and got sorted after the 2nd call. 110 for a double room per night.

my problem was lm going on my own so there were alot of B&Bs that would only take 2 or more for the weekend...worked out anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Ready and waitin to rock n roll in Nowlan Park to Bruce and Imelda and of course the older geyzers too!
    Managed to book a llittle mews property attached to what looks like a fab little B&B 10 mins walk from the stadium so happy days! e150 for the night. An expensive night away all told but well worth every single penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

any1 what the story is with regards to drinkin in the stadium and stuff?

is it like croke park that u cant drink on the pitch or will it be a set up like the aviva? bit of a downer if he plays for over 3hours and you cant get a pint during it

^^ put a can down your knickers u'll be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

^^ put a can down your knickers u'll be grand :P

lol

was just wondering has anyone been to a gig here before and what setup does the bar have if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

According to the website specifically for the weekend, www.wreckingballweekender.com:
    Will there be any food, drink stalls on site?

Yes , there will be bars and other food and drinks outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

with there still been sunday on sale hopefully it doesnt fully sell out until the week of the gig and the touts get burned big time some looking for 200 a ticket for cork and limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Quick lads, you have a few months to learn off some songs before you get there

#bandwagon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Quick lads, you have a few months to learn off some songs before you get there

#bandwagon

What's the beef chief?

Advertisement