Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking at the link below they can do both standing and seating in Phoenix Park but could they not do a stadium instead

https://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ed-sheeran-phoenix-park-dublin-12548471.amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wouldn't do Croker again - sound quality was terrible. What's the sound like at the Phoenix Park?

Sounds like someone threw a small radio into the boot of a car and you are a mile away trying to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What's the sound like at the Phoenix Park?

Abysmal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Can only view this as a money grab from the promoter. Multi-night runs in the RDS far more appropriate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wooderson wrote: »
    Can only view this as a money grab from the promoter. Multi-night runs in the RDS far more appropriate.

Id say 2 nights in RDS , then one or two of the following Cork/Galway/Belfast/Limerick or Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Id say 2 nights in RDS , then one or two of the following Cork/Galway/Belfast/Limerick or Kilkenny

Miles better prospect than Slane/Phoenix Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

5 nights in 3 Arena would be far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

5 nights in 3 Arena would be far better.

For anyone around Dublin.. a couple of shows around the country would be better for everyone in the country..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My inside info is that Bruce will play 300 nights at Vicar street and that tickets will be free to people who have posted more than 20 times on this thread prior to October 15th 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

adrian522 wrote: »
    My inside info is that Bruce will play 300 nights at Vicar street and that tickets will be free to people who have posted more than 20 times on this thread prior to October 15th 2019.

However, you have to start queueing at Vicar Street now, where you will be met by ten of Bruce's Spanish fans who will write a number on the back of your hand. You can then leave the queue and return twenty minutes before the doors open on the night of the gig. You will take your place in line in accordance with your number. If there are others in line, you get to go in front of them, it doesn't matter if they've been queuing all day: you've got a number on your hand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He was on Kimmel last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

keano25 wrote: »
    For anyone around Dublin.. a couple of shows around the country would be better for everyone in the country..

Not really, Dublin has the best transport links to get to from most counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Getting into Dublin is a disaster. And transport within Dublin is a mess. A major city and you can't even get a train or light rail to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

sirmanga wrote: »
    Getting into Dublin is a disaster. And transport within Dublin is a mess. A major city and you can't even get a train or light rail to the airport.

Not to mention the price of the hotels.

Hopefully we should knw more by xmas but the 2016 Croke Park dates were not announced til the February 2016

Atm no Slane, Aviva (possibly wont get a concert due to the euro games) and Croke Park concerts announced so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

And when you’re actually in Dublin? The nationwide tour he did on wrecking ball was special and could easily be done again!
    Easiest access for the vast majority!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

sirmanga wrote: »

Getting to Dublin is definitely going to be easier than getting to Cork from say, Donegal, Carlow, Wexford.. etc. Not nearly as many direct links, and half the time on public transport you could even end up going to Dublin for the bus back out again.
    bennyl10 wrote: »
    The nationwide tour he did on wrecking ball was special and could easily be done again!
    Easiest access for the vast majority!

Absolutely.

Seen Bruce and ESB 4 times since 2012 and I enjoy them very much but would love to see something new this time round but what that is I'm not sure ha.

Will Bruce ever go done the visual route and have fancy backdrops etc

An idea I have would be he band for play for an hour and half and the rest of the show would be Bruce solo ??. I imagine this could be a bit impossible for a stadium crowd as they would no doubt talk over the quite songs

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

PTH2009 wrote:
    An idea I have would be he band for play for an hour and half and the rest of the show would be Bruce solo ??. I imagine this could be a bit impossible for a stadium crowd as they would no doubt talk over the quite songs

Cant see it happening. I saw 3 indoor shows on the Born in the USA run the audience wouldn't shut up during the acoustic Nebraska part of the set.

As for him making the show more visual, he seems to love a rock show with no frills and he's 70 now. It's been a while since he did those knee slides.

He did rehearse with just Steve, Nils and Danny before the Devils and Dust tour but ended up dropping them and touring solo.

Enjoyed western stars, was quite different and was not really a documentary. Just short stories but one thing I found a bit hard was trying to make sense of the overall story. The music performances were top class as was the cover of rhinestown cowboy

Bruce is looking very well for 70 years old

I wonder will it be out on dvd soon

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Saw Western stars tonight absolute masterpiece.
    The Dolby atmos audio from the orchestra was exceptional.
    Hopefully they release this on 4K blueray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Both Stellas have a couple of screenings at the weekend and another next week.

Both Stellas have a couple of screenings at the weekend and another next week.

If your a springsteen fan go and see this, I am thinking of going again.
    I see there is a planned blueray release but cant see if it will have a full Dolby Atmos soundtrack and this music needs to be heard in it at least once.

full film soundtrack on spotify now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    full film soundtrack on spotify now :D:D

It was up before the film. The film was excellent I really enjoyed it. Loved the cover at the end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Listening to the soundtrack this afternoon, really enjoying it :)

It really is an album that grows on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

TCP/IP wrote: »
    It really is an album that grows on you.

Listening again and I think you're spot on. I've more than a few favorites!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

The Film (live Version) over the Album Version....

• Advertisement

laros wrote: »
    The Film (live Version) over the Album Version....

I prefer the live version personally

Advertisement