Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decisions, decisions...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Option 4.
    I only saw this very item in Peats electro store yesterday. I touched that purple receiver, and thought of you, Mr. The-Rigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alexander Graham Bell.
    Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Did you make up your mind on what to go for Mr. Rigger? :)

:-/

I did - I sold out and took the €30 free top up, never have I felt older or like I was waving good by to my childhood spirit more. It turns out (didn't realise at the time) that you don't get free txts and calls with the top up, just credit so it was as useless as a one legged man in an ar$e kicking contest.

It was so obviously the wrong choice regardless of that and I should 100% have gone for Moshi Moshi Retro Phone Purple.
    Life's retribution was swift.

WindSock wrote: »
    I only saw this very item in Peats electro store yesterday. I touched that purple receiver, and thought of you, Mr. The-Rigger.

Say moar things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The-Rigger wrote: »
    :-/

I did - I sold out and took the €30 free top up, never have I felt older or like I was waving good by to my childhood spirit more. It turns out (didn't realise at the time) that you don't get free txts and calls with the top up, just credit so it was as useless as a one legged man in an ar$e kicking contest.

It was so obviously the wrong choice regardless of that and I should 100% have gone for Moshi Moshi Retro Phone Purple.

Man, that post cracks me up no end :D

I think you should still get the phone though, it's retrotastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

You allowed the magic bean man walk away with your Moshi Moshi Retro Phone Purple. For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Alexander Graham Bell.
    WindSock wrote: »

I saw it in a shop in temple bar and thought of this as well, it was about 25 euro, so maybe The-Rigger did the right thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Alexander Graham Bell.
    I saw it in a shop in temple bar and thought of this as well, it was about 25 euro, so maybe The-Rigger did the right thing...

nah, the 30e top up was worth about 5e imo.

Give a man a retro purple mushi mushi and he'll something something for life.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

nah, the 30e top up was worth about 5e imo.

Give a man a retro purple mushi mushi and he'll something something for life.

beat you to a pulp with it and get send to jail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Get it!!! It's awesome, you can look like a real businessman, pacing with authority back and forth as you cradle the handset between your shoulder and chin, prodding at the air and hammering your point home.

Ooh, I want one now, so I can pretend to be in a 90's courtroom drama...

... like Matlock ;)

Advertisement