Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is everyone heading this year??

Options
  • 11-11-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I suppose the time is upon us to be planning this years ski trip so here it goes!! Where is everybody heading this year and when?? Am unfortunate enough not to be slippling on the skis this year however I fancied finding out where everyone else was heading!! Post away!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

So Far

10 nights in Chamonix

18 nights on the Powder Highway in Canada - Kicking Horse, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Panorama, Fernie, Revelstoke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Obertauern - first week of January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Renville Park, Galway (hopefully :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Zermatt, Christmas.

Bring it on.

z

[edit] bring on the snow too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Obertauern (again :o), 2nd week January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Soll 3rd week in January, getting all excited, got a new setup this year.

6335144687_ed54870597_z.jpg

6335901682_9dd163e54f_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just booked the third week in Jan in Morzine with Highlife. Can. Not. Wait.
    Never been to Morzine, usually we go to Austria, so looking forward to exploring the Portes du Soleil area.
    Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gavinwavin

Fattes wrote: »
    So Far

10 nights in Chamonix

18 nights on the Powder Highway in Canada - Kicking Horse, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Panorama, Fernie, Revelstoke :D

Savage. I moved to Revelstoke 2 weeks ago, cannot wait for the season to start! Less than 3 weeks to go :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Bad Hofgastein, Austria Jan 21st :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Val Thorens, 3rd week of Jan. let's hope the snow starts to come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sauze D'oulx, Italy - Feb 5th. Went there last year and had a blast so can't wait to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

gavinwavin wrote: »
    Savage. I moved to Revelstoke 2 weeks ago, cannot wait for the season to start! Less than 3 weeks to go :D

Keep us updated on how your season goes please. I am thinking of going there in 2012/2013. The footage in Art of Flight from Revelstoke looks insane.

I am hoping to go to Japan this season. Maybe Niesko or Hakuba.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Val Thorens, 3rd week of Jan. let's hope the snow starts to come!

Im doing the season in Val d'Isere. Leaving next week. 6 ft snow has already fallen up the mountain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Im doing the season in Val d'Isere. Leaving next week. 6 ft snow has already fallen up the mountain :D

Extremely jealous, who'd you get to do a season with??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Kmc123 wrote: »
    Extremely jealous, who'd you get to do a season with??

Heading off with Highlife next Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Heading off with Highlife next Wed

Was all set to attend their interview/open day in august but ended up in a leg cast, enjoy!!

I'm so overly giddy with excitement! I could literally talk about it all day/every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Snowbride 2011

off to the dolomites in 3 weeks and there's not a drop of snow...starting to panic :eek:

Also Saalbach in the new year :D

off to the dolomites in 3 weeks and there's not a drop of snow...starting to panic :eek:

Are you getting married there, by any chance?!

nope, already got married in Zell Am See in March...I don't know what I was thinking when I created my user name but I'm stuck with it now :o

• Advertisement

nope, already got married in Zell Am See in March...I don't know what I was thinking when I created my user name but I'm stuck with it now :o

:) Could be worse!

You're the second person I know who got married in Zell, is there a particular reason?

Nothing specific...its a pretty lakeside town, we found a hotel that organised everything and its easy access from the airport :)

The ski consitions were rubbish at the time, a week in Solden after the wedding made up for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

St. Anton for a week, Feb 4th.....

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thebigmc

olaola wrote: »
    Just booked the third week in Jan in Morzine with Highlife. Can. Not. Wait.
    Never been to Morzine, usually we go to Austria, so looking forward to exploring the Portes du Soleil area.
    Any tips?

I'm off to Les Gets for the season, cannot wait. Call into le pub Irlandais any evening for a pint of the local brew.

Port Du Soleil is great, and from Morzine, if the conditions aren't great down in the village, you can get up to nearby Avoriaz easily where the terrain is nice and steep, the pistes wide and fast, and the parks are unreal. Check out "the stash" wood freestyle park through the trees, where all the features are made from wood. They still hurt when you fall on them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Im off to Chamonix for a week in March. I have a wedding to attend over there during the week so that should be class. Im also hoping to get a week over there in January too. I cant beileve this will be 7 years (3 weeks each season) in a row to Cham. You may have gathered I love the place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Nothing planned yet...but then I'm always very last minute about these things typically deciding a week before

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

Planning a big trip, a two parter - Alta Utah for 5 days and Banff Canada for 7 days during February

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Planning a big trip, a two parter - Alta Utah for 5 days and Banff Canada for 7 days during February

Wrap up warm -30 to -45 is not uncommon in Banff at that time of the year!!! If you are going to Banff make sure you hit kicking horse and ask for Skippy (Jeff Langer) at Lake Louise.

thebigmc wrote: »
    I'm off to Les Gets for the season, cannot wait. Call into le pub Irlandais any evening for a pint of the local brew.

Port Du Soleil is great, and from Morzine, if the conditions aren't great down in the village, you can get up to nearby Avoriaz easily where the terrain is nice and steep, the pistes wide and fast, and the parks are unreal. Check out "the stash" wood freestyle park through the trees, where all the features are made from wood. They still hurt when you fall on them unfortunately.

Fantastic! Will do - really looking forward to it. Slightly worried about the temperature at the moment, everywhere is so warm! It needs to get cold... fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 fct

Ellmau on Jan 7th
    Söll on Feb 4th

Advertisement