Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters from C&H to the world!

Options
  • 11-11-2011 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

So yes, as the idea formed from a post by Jackobyte, specifically this one, I think C&H should have a thread where you write a letter that you can't actually write in the real world/are afraid to, to people you know, people you love, people you hate, things you hate, anything really!

Format should be something like:

Dear _

Whatever you need to say

Sincerely,
    Your username.

I dunno why, but it's so interesting to see! One of IHeartChemistry's posts drew me to a similar thread in another forum that someone had wrote about her and it was so nice, so it's just a way of getting stuff of your chest that you can't put in yaah or arggh.

Hopefully it'll take off, and hopefully it's ok with the mods. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hmm I think if we give this a few days to see how it goes. Although of it ends up exactly like the arrggghhh or the yaaahh threads just combined into one it would be a bit pointless.

But yeah I've no major issues with it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think there's something like it in tLL.

*checks*

There is! "Things you want to say to..." I'd be interested in seeing if something like it could work here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I think there's something like it in tLL.

*checks*

There is! "Things you want to say to..." I'd be interested in seeing if something like it could work here.

Yeah! I got the idea from a post Iheartchemistry linked from there into C&H! It seems so cool and stuffs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I wrote a very similar post during the week...I think it's a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dear C&H,

Start posting your letters in the thread or it'll be soon gone!

Love, M&S*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dear M&S*

I can't cope with that kind of pressure!

-Lawliet

Dear Lawliet

I understand you're under a lot of pressure, but I still feel like you need to man up and take action on the matter.

Pigwidgeon

Dear Pigwidgeon

I love your name

From Anonymous

<_<

It's somewhat working.. right.. right? Ok well like there's no serious things in here yet, but as Midnight showed there's potential for stuff like that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Yupik wrote: »
    Dear Pigwidgeon

I love your name

From Anonymous

<_<

It's somewhat working.. right.. right? Ok well like there's no serious things in here yet, but as Midnight showed there's potential for stuff like that! :)
    Sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Dear gay Turkish guy on our floor,

Please stop singing Adele in the shower. You're awful and everyone can hear you.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Dear creepy annoying lecturer,

Why would you tell us before reading week that our exam is on the 21st of November, then turn around this week and tell us it's next Monday and it's also worth 50% of our grade for the module. That's rather unfair. Thanks for that.

Pigwidgeon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear Maria,

I love you more than you actually realise. So just go with it.

From Mark.

Dear S,

Why do you feel the need to express your "love" for your boyfriend of little over 2 months on Facebook, just like you did for your last 5 boyfriends. All in this year. Seriously, if you think that's love, how are you ever going to find REAL love, if everything is love to you?

Yupik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Dear C&H,

The bants on this thread made me laugh, I like how this forum does that :D Don't ever change.

Shauna

And a more proper one....

Dear a certain someone,

I have a bit of a thing for you ;) I kinda hope something will happen with that, but I'm going to assume it won't.

Shauna

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Dear John,

Yes, I liked you. For all of last year. Then I gave up.

Finding out that you liked me, that you got a girlfriend to try get over me, and feel like an idiot because there's a rumour I'm gay?

I'm an idiot. I'm sorry.

From,
    CTYIgirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Dear the person I'm writing this to... I only knew you for a little while, and now I probably wont ever see you again, yet I cant stop thinking about you even though I know its stupid to even think anything could ever happen, you live so far away. I just wish I could see you again, talking to you on facebook just isn't the same... Missing you.. Indiego
      Dear people who constantly look down on me, You ridicule me because I'm smarter than you, and make me feel like im worthless, that doesn't really make sense now does it? We'll see who's laughing in the next few years... Lots of love, Indiego xoxoxoxoxo
      Dear that person whos been on my mind for 5 years, We used to be so close, then we drifted apart, then we were close again, and now we barely talk. I miss you, even though theres no point in me even trying to get close to you because we're different people now, and theres not much I can do about that. Missing you, Indiego.
      Dear Ex, Im sorry for what I did, and Im sorry I screwed it up when you gave me a second chance. Im sorry for being jealous that you moved on so quick, and Im sorry for not listening when you needed me the most, and Ive moved on now, but I wish we could still be friends... Sorry, Indiego...
      Dear Mam and Dad, Why do you find it impossible to feel pride in anything I do? You push me and push me to do well in things, causing me such stress for stupid things, and then ask me why I didnt do better. No matter how well I do something I could always do better to you. When I told you I got 10As in the JC the first and only comment you made was why didnt I get the A in Irish, and that I should have worked harder. Do you realise this made me cry? When I should have been so happy? You always push me too far and theres nothing I can do about it. Now you've set a new goal for me, for the LC, and I know I'm just going to dissappoint you again. I feel like a puppet and Im not in control of my own life. Will you please just let me life my own life? Or at least just fake some pride to humor me? Love your only child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear Younger Mark.

Grow a pair. Ask her out sooner, be happier longer >_>

Lovingly yours, future Mark.

Dear Ex.

Thinking back. I never really loved you. My friend said I just craved a realtionship after my first break up and I realised that's all you were good at. Comforting me. I'm an absolute díck. Sorry. The only good thing is you broke up with me. You'll never know this. So it's fine.

You know who I am.

Dear Parents.

Contrary to popular belief my Leaving Cert wasnt actually the end of my life. I have a job. I'm also taking part in a PLC. I'm sorting my shít out so I'd appreciate if you'd stop with your backseat driving.

From your "idiotic" son <3

Dear Boba Fett.

I wish you were real. I could totally be your bro. We could so hunt jedi and sith and all daaat shít.

Much love,
    FettFanboi Mark.

This may sound un-serious but the next one is very serious.

Dear Phil,

Unfourtantly I never got to see you. My Dad absolutly loves Thin Lizzy, it rubbed off on me and now.. well I'm the same. You passed much before your time. So many songs left in you, so many more shows. I can only imagine what it would of been like to experience one of your gigs with my Dad. The Ultimate sense of Fatherly-Son-Lizzy bonding. I cant lie. Your music done many things for me, it was my "light in the dark" so to speak.
    Stress= Lizzy.. Anger= Lizzy.. Any bad emotion= Lizzy. I got to see the band awhile ago, but my Dad says while it was fantastic, it just wasnt the same. We enjoyed it. Just not the same without you bro. If there is a heaven after I die, I'll be tracking you down along with my Dad to finally see you preform. BE PREPARED >_>

Much Love, and respect from just another crazy fan. Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

ATTN: Colm!, 11th November 2010

In the odd chance I've somehow sent a letter to the past, hello, Colm!. (if you are not Colm!, please find a way of making sure that he sees this)
    I'm you, one year into the future. Life's been good to you and you've become more awesome. In fact, more-awesome you has found happiness, seriously. I'm going to mess with time though, just to see one mistake I made fixed.

1. You need to face some things alone.
    I know you're about to make a decision that you think will mean the world to you. You might turn to your three best friends and you'll ask them each for advice, and they'll say different things, you'll pick one of their decisions and go with it. You'll later find out they're wrong.
    For the love of future you, don't bother asking for help with the decision. Follow what you think is best. Take my other points with you.

2. Take courage.
    The decision that "will mean the world to you" is actually pretty small. No matter what the hell you do, you're going to come out alright. So be afraid of nothing, and take on every challenge that faces you. You'll succeed in ways you've never dreamed of.

3. Be polite. Be honest.
    Nothing comes up in the next year that's worth lying to anyone for. Tell the truth or say nothing. Know when to do each of those, but know it's never time to lie. You're going to get respect for sticking to the truth.

4. If defeated, move on.
    Don't focus yourself on revenge on people who betray you. (It'll happen once or twice) Focus on living well, helping your friends and save yourself from the un-needed troubles. there'll come a time when you'll have far more important problems to deal with.
    Also, for the love of future you, don't ever become pre-occupied with failure. Your life is about to fill itself with glorious opportunities. If you fail one, focus on winning more.

I can't say much in detail about some of the challenges you'll face. You're going to love where you're going, what you'll do, who you'll meet along the way. Your life is going to get so much better, but do me a favour. Take my advice and don't fail me.

Thanks,
    Colm!

EDIT: PS. did you just invent time travel? dayum son

---

Dear friends,
    You're quite horribly mistaken. I wish the truth was as simple as the one you're spreading, but the story is way more complicated than it seems. Hate to be so vague, but that's the way it is, I barely know myself where this lie came from.
    -c

Dear Nanny D.

I know I never got a chance to meet you, but I feel as if I know you from all the stories I hear. You were so excited to have another grandson, but you died. One month before I was born, you went. I wish I'd have had the pleasure to meet you, to hear your stories, and most of all to know you. I'm told we would have got along so brilliantly, and it's so upsetting that we never got the chance to.

N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Dear Ex

You were a selfish fool when we were together and a douchebag once we broke up. Im over feeling down because you havent kept up your side of the bargain when it comes to us being friends, since you dont want your stuff back theyr ready to be given away and Im ready to move on. I even have a little bit of a crush on someone... Your loss =)

Aoife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear you,

I care more than you think, I hope you do too. Everything's messed up, but you make me happy.

Love, me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dear _____
    Another morning spent thinking of you, another tear shed. These thoughts have got to stop, I don't know how much more I can take of this. You're departure was expected but it hurts me to know that my best wasn't good enough, nothing I could do would ever make you happy. You've changed a lot in the last year, you've grown to share your problems with the world, your health issues everything! There wasnt much reason to keep me around now that you've a whole new set of people.
    I just wish you had the slightest bit of care for me, like you once did. Or so I thought.
    Thanks for all the lies and broken promises they help to get me over you, but not quite as fast as I'd hope.

See you around,
    M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear life,

Why must you be so mean and cruel and horrible at times? S'not fair...I'm a good person and don't deserve my life to be like this.

Yours faithfully,

IHeartChemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Dear Pritchard
    Thank you
    I know we spend most of our time talking in low level banter sniping at each other, but I wouldn't be here without you, and I appreciate your friendship, when anyone did and would have said **** this and gone. So thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Dear World,
    Stop producing so many babies. Overpopulation is a serious problem. Use contraception.
    Sincerely,
    ES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Dear some people I've been introduced to in the last few weeks,

You've made me feel so bad about myself, literally from the moment we met. You ask what course I'm doing in college, I answer Arts, you go "ooooooh riiiiiiiiight":rolleyes: Fcuk you and your superiority complex tbh. I'm not thick/stupid/lazy/a waster, or whatever other labels you like to afix Arts students with.

_meehan_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dear woman sitting next to me on the train yesterday

I put the armrest down as a clean division between your space and my space. Stop using it to put your elbow into my space. You keep touching my arm and in case all my increasingly awkward attempt to contort my arm away from you weren't a big enough hint let me spell it out: back off you're making me uncomfortable!

- Lawliet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear B,

thank you for having faith in me and giving me a chance. It's because of you that I feel brave enough to make the tough choices coming up in the next little while. You're a very special person and I know that you're going to change the world someday, as if you haven't already done that in your own way. I think you're a lot more like me than I ever would've thought. I only hope that I don't let you down, and I promise to do my best not to. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to talking to you again.

-almostnever.

Dear C,

Don't be a fúcking idiot and ask why I'm broke. You borrowed €130 off me two weeks ago and know I only get paid monthly but you still haven't paid me back. You're the reason I'm broke and you've still been going out pretty much every night for the last two weeks when you owe pretty much everyone money. Cop the fúck on.

Pigwidgeon

Dear A,

You've no idea how much your support meant to me over the last year. You convinced me that I wasn't a failure, that I can do this. I know we hardly ever see each other but your positive attitude really rubs off on me and makes me see positivity in my darkest moments. I know I rarely take you up on your offer to listen when I'm down, but knowing its there if I want it really helps me. You're a truely wonderful, kind hearted person, don't ever change.

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear L,

Thank you for always being there for me, for being the one person I can trust with absolutely everything, the one person who has always understood me. No matter how down I am you always cheer me up and you always know when something's wrong. We made different friends, started fitting in with different groups, then went to different colleges, but we've stayed close through everything. Even when we haven't talked in weeks I always know you're there for me. It helps so much having someone who knows everything that's going on. And it's great having so many inside jokes we can have a whole conversation without anyone else understanding

Thank you <3

Aoifey!

Advertisement