Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Ugh, I just rang them and the guy wouldn't give me my 15euro plan back. I was going to threaten to cancel but I was afraid he was actually going to go through with it, and then I wouldn't have any plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Ugh, I just rang them and the guy wouldn't give me my 15euro plan back. I was going to threaten to cancel but I was afraid he was actually going to go through with it, and then I wouldn't have any plan.

I'd ring again and hope to get through to some one else who will do it for you. I thought I'd have to fight a little to get it, but I just asked and they did it no bother.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'd ring again and hope to get through to some one else who will do it for you. I thought I'd have to fight a little to get it, but I just asked and they did it no bother.

I thought about doing that alright. I didn't even bother asking the guy because he told me outright that the offer was up and he couldn't put it back on for me. I've just PM'd someone on the Meteor forum, so hopefully he'll get back to me soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

rang earlier, managed to get it back down to 20 but not the €15 as that offer was over. didnt take much, just explained my bill was more expensive than last few months and they said they'd check if they could put me on lowest tarrif which they did. better than nothing i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

I too was reverted back to the full price of 30 euro. Rang Meteor last week and was told, no problem,that they would put me back to the 15 euro plan. Checked my on line banking and 30 euro taken by Meteor. Have emailed Meteor there and waiting for reply ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I dont look at my bills immediately, just pay whatever it is every 3-4 months. Happened to look at the bills today, no discount last month, only €5 discount the month before. Called them and they said they will give me €25 credit. Very sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

kc66 wrote: »
    I dont look at my bills immediately, just pay whatever it is every 3-4 months. Happened to look at the bills today, no discount last month, only €5 discount the month before. Called them and they said they will give me €25 credit. Very sneaky.

You wait 3-4 months before paying a bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You wait 3-4 months before paying a bill?

Yes, Im a bit lazy when it comes to this stuff. They used to cut me off but not anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Can u only get this price if u were on it last year? I'm on the same deal but I'm paying 20 a month. Also, my first bill was 25 so I'd give it another bill to see if changes for those that were billed wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

They did say this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81726331&postcount=1
    Hi Everyone,

There are a lot of promotions a deals offered with the Sim Only plans.
    The half price discount is offered for 12 months then after that the original price will take effect of €30.50.

If you signed up to the plan for €15.25 is offered for life then it will continue on as normal.

If you like to send me a PM with your phone number and PIN I can organize a callback from our Sales Team and see what can be offered.

Thanks - Colm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

I just rang them there after getting a bill for €30.50
    I had no problem getting changed back to €15.25 and getting a refund for the overcharged amount.

I hope the next bill in reflects this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

Kajor, (Or anyone else who got them to agree to go back to €15)

Do you by any chance know who you were talking to who agreed to it? My friend was told it would continue without doing anything and then got the full bill and is having trouble getting them to get her back on €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

IMightKnow wrote: »
    Kajor, (Or anyone else who got them to agree to go back to €15)

Do you by any chance know who you were talking to who agreed to it? My friend was told it would continue without doing anything and then got the full bill and is having trouble getting them to get her back on €15.

I'm on the same plan from last year.

Your best bet is to ring up customer care and ask to speak with somebody from the customer retention department. I explained the scenario to the guy they put me through to and he applied the discount for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

I was told no problem in changing back
    The bill however has dropped only to 20
    Just of the phone and I have been assured that nobody is back on the 15.25 a month
    It's just not possible!
    Why is everybody lying here !!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

fisherking wrote: »
    Just of the phone and I have been assured that nobody is back on the 15.25 a month
    It's just not possible!

Do you really believe Meteor over people here!?

I was only put down to the €20 plan too, but I certainly don't doubt people who said they got down to €15

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's just not possible!

I think you may owe an apology for the people here after calling them liars.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's just not possible!

Rofl, definitely believe the people that want money out of you and not the people here...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

It's just not possible!

This is a transcript of an online chat with meteor 2 days ago....

I am the red text, meteor rep is black.

ous1ur.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

just got the 50% off reapplied to my bill too and the additional charge removed from latest bill. 15 euro again happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hey guys! the E20 deal says limited time only and I have a month left on existing contract, wondering should I just get it now and to hell with the extra E20?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

brozio7 wrote: »
    meteor) rep is black.

Let's leave race out of this! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

What's the scarcasm emoticon??

It's just not possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Was on the €15 plan and it auto reverted to €25 last month. Called up to be put on the €20 plan and they wouldnt do it. FFS like what is with the inconsistency?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

There was a €15.25 for Life offer. I'd say that's part of the problem. If you didn't avail of this offer then it's likely that you are not going to get them to allow you to reduce your bill. However don't let that stop you calling them and asking for the Customer Retention Section where you can get to argue your case.

I wasn't allowed to go back onto the 15e plan either. Told them I was going to switch networks and they didn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

What's the scarcasm emoticon??

/sarc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rang them up there, put me back on the €15 plan, no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Started on the €15 plan (€5 discount and €10 discount on bill) in jan 12 and in jan 13 my bill went up to €20 (only €10 discount applied on bill). Rang up and they added the €5 discount again which brought my bill back down to €15 and gave me €10 credit on my account for my trouble. They also said i may have to ring them back up if the €10 discount disappears off the bill. Each discount only stays on the account for 12 months. Just got my bill and its gone back up to €25 (only €5 discount applied on bill). Rang them up and they added the €10 discount back on to my bill so now i'm back to €15 per month.

The person i talked to this time said these discounts wont be applied again when they run out but maybe it depends on who you talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Not only did they just renew & refund for the last month, they also agreed to send me out a replacement phone while mine is out the be repaired. This was my own phone I bought from Ibood so over the moon with that. Well done meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Isn't 48 still cheaper?

Advertisement