Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube Revenue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

While away on holidays we spotted two young guys that we recognised from youtube. They do reviews of themeparks in europe and upload them to youtube, they get paid 500 sterling a month for their vids and have a good fan base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

mikemac wrote: »
    Youtube should crack down on it and only the original uploader gets to use it

YouTube provide tools for copyright holders that allow them to find copyrighted content and either remove it or monetise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

By copying I was thinking more of the videos that are popular at the time

There was a gorgeous video of a penguin in a zoo in Ohio and people were copying the video and giving no credit to the zookeeper. So she got fewer views and was upset over it

Or the man with the golden voice. That story belonged to a news channel and countless different channels copied it.

It's a bit annoying when you search and find twenty copies of the same video

Youtube should crack down on it and only the original uploader gets to use it
    Yeah that is annoying but I suppose it would really be up to the copyright holder to bring those people to youtubes attention so the offenders account can be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I used to wonder why people copied popular videos and put them up on their own channel

Guess I know now

It happens here on boards.ie in YLYL...but you get Thanks instead of ad revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

you could be lucky op and upload a vid like charlie bit my finger and bring in over 700k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Emails going around? ... I imagine this is the YouTube Partners Program, right?

I looked into it last year. It works out at every 1000 video hits you make $1.50. You get more if people click the advert in the video. But its said the ratio of people that click advertisements is 1 out of every 33 people. But in fairness, I reckon its close to 1 out of every 100.

So think about it, it order to make $20 you'd have to have 20,000 watching it. Sounds easier said than done as you cant just put something up that is copyrighted.

And in order to become a Youtube Partner you already have to of had a few of your videos that have reached a certain hit count.

Advertisement