Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here intrested in the coursing?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

CAMARILLO BLONDE looked fairly handy in the oaks ts as well, must say great hares and great coursing consistant slips right through out the day, a great days coursing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

makita wrote: »
    CAMARILLO BLONDE looked fairly handy in the oaks ts as well, must say great hares and great coursing consistant slips right through out the day, a great days coursing

Carrmillo gone in as 10/1 fav for the oaks...

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Carrmillo gone in as 10/1 fav for the oaks...

I'd say the powerstown will suit her she seems to like the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

rosskeen wrote: »
    I've an Adios Alonso dog for this year and to be honest he's done everything right so far, looks fantastic, good kennel manner, good traveller, good eater. I just hope he can run a bit!

Seems a long time since I wrote this! He was beat in the final of the Ballymena TS today. :(

Only his second outing of the year. He's had a wretched year with injuries. Fingers crossed we can get him right to give a cup of two a rattle next year

Hopefully ye have more luck next year ye have the breeding behing ye anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

Who won the oaks in clonakilty today, who did they meet n the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

mikeoh wrote: »
    Who won the oaks in clonakilty today, who did they meet n the final?

The oaks final was won by KILTY MILLIE and she beat ABBEY KATIE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Great start to the festival today. Bumper crowds thanks to holding it over a weekend....
    Newinn wonder in the derby caught the eye, hopefully tomorrow delivers more quality coursing!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Keep us updated Benny! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

C'mon Camarillo Blonde ........ and show you're not the archetypal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Oops.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Judges at it again .the worst call by a judge in the history of Clonmel in the semi-final of the Oakes.Miss Fury clearly won and I was standing right beside the judge.I have been on the wrong side of judges on two occasions in which I was 2/7 and 1/3 to win out and on both times I lost to a top trainer/owner connections.On one occasion the trainer came up to me and apologised to me and was very embarressed.We have seen over the years at Clonmel some very poor slipping short /long slips to suit certain dogs.I have called for a marked area in which the slipper has to slip the dogs or withdraw.Im now wondering is it time to bring in tv replays to help the judge make the right call or overturn his poor call.The differance between winning and losing is massive when you take into consideration the value at stud.Any person reading this post has put dogs into slips and has often heard "the slipper is related to this person or that person and your dog will have to win with clear daylight or your out".There is no defined law on a straight course when a dog is well clear past the judge only to ease at the escape and the judge to give it to the other dog when infact the judge is thirty yards back.Oakes 2011 Castletowngeoghan comes to mind when my bitch was 10l in front passing the judge only for the clown on the horse to give the flag to the other bitch and not allowing for the fact that she was still well in front at the escape.Yes this is a rant and a serious pet hate of mine[poor judging/slipping].

sting60 wrote: »
    Judges at it again .the worst call by a judge in the history of Clonmel in the semi-final of the Oakes.Miss Fury clearly won and I was standing right beside the judge.I have been on the wrong side of judges on two occasions in which I was 2/7 and 1/3 to win out and on both times I lost to a top trainer/owner connections.On one occasion the trainer came up to me and apologised to me and was very embarressed.We have seen over the years at Clonmel some very poor slipping short /long slips to suit certain dogs.I have called for a marked area in which the slipper has to slip the dogs or withdraw.Im now wondering is it time to bring in tv replays to help the judge make the right call or overturn his poor call.The differance between winning and losing is massive when you take into consideration the value at stud.Any person reading this post has put dogs into slips and has often heard "the slipper is related to this person or that person and your dog will have to win with clear daylight or your out".There is no defined law on a straight course when a dog is well clear past the judge only to ease at the escape and the judge to give it to the other dog when infact the judge is thirty yards back.Oakes 2011 Castletowngeoghan comes to mind when my bitch was 10l in front passing the judge only for the clown on the horse to give the flag to the other bitch and not allowing for the fact that she was still well in front at the escape.Yes this is a rant and a serious pet hate of mine[poor judging/slipping].

Think you might be over-reacting slightly. Decisions go against you in all forms of sport regardless of the level its played at. Some days you get the flag, more days you dont....

Word is out that Longmeadow Raz (withdrawn injured from the final of the Derby) won't run again. Tore his shoulder muscle from the bone in his efforts to get up in the semi final.

Real shame, showed up in a big way at Clonmel. Hopefully breeders give him a chance at stud. Commiserations to all connections.

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Word is out that Longmeadow Raz (withdrawn injured from the final of the Derby) won't run again. Tore his shoulder muscle from the bone in his efforts to get up in the semi final.

Real shame, showed up in a big way at Clonmel. Hopefully breeders give him a chance at stud. Commiserations to all connections.

yeah I heard yesterday he got career ending injury alright

makita wrote: »
    yeah I heard yesterday he got career ending injury alright
    Terrible news indeed as he looked a very useful dog.Indeed my kennell over the last year has looked like Beaumont hospital on a Saturday night.

Not much debate on boards re. Hare coursing. This might be of interest to some of you...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056890887

vote just passed for banning 13 against 102.Coursing wins in a canter.

• Advertisement

Must watch video for coursing fans. Great to see the small owner/trainer can succeed in the modern game...

Advertisement