Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brds Xbox Clan - Read Post #1 for Rules / GT's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I always think I sound like I'm being an asshole when I write stuff on here :P

I'm just sick and couldn't be arsed typing it again :)
    its cool doc i should have figured you would have already pointed that out and i should have looked back and checked. no go have some chicken soup

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

4 Hours of double xp is now active.

We came 25 of 20437 Clans in dom defends and 54 of 22958 Clans in captures.

Perfect timing
    Prestige Calculator - 2.9 hours for Prestige 4 / Level 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Meatwad wrote: »
    I'm not referring to x as he always joins the chat channel and we know he's gonna play, same as a few other lads. I have no problem with that myself. There's a few lads that do the same as x and if they're chatting while playing and its about a social thing, I think thats grand.
    Personally I find it bizarre that some one would join the other team and get killed about 50 times in each match and stay in the game, while there's possibly another possible party of people from the clan online with space or they could start a party themselves. My main problem is with some one from the clan playing on the opposite team and using the clan tags, it makes it look like we're boosting,especially if they stay in for every game and make no effort to join the chat channel.

I particularily enjoy playing boardsies. I essentially join for the social aspect and the enjoyment of the game. XPs and MOABs dont mean much to me (think the highest i ever got was 9 kills). Ye guys are good, which makes it all the sweeter to kill and to hear the cries of anguish. Spawn trapping and playing against poor opponents who are just picked off over and over, eventually get fairly repeatitive. Give me close game any day of the week.

I will initially try and be picked up on yer side or another parties but if thats not available i dont see any problems with taking arms against ye. If someone stops you from getting an MOAB, i wouldnt say they are ruining your game, they simple got the better of you in that instant and useless they cheated by getting intel via gamechat i see nothing wrong with it.

I can however remove my clantags in future.

Whoop Whooop Whooop!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nothin better than

"Podge"

-"yeah?"

"Behind you..."

*Podge turns*

*shotgun to the face*

:D great craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I've done that so many times :P Sorry Podge!

Also I just ask if there's someone on a good streak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Have joined in against fellow boardsies a handful of times and it is not pleasent... Kells is a f*cker for giving you a heads up... as he is pulling the trigger on ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Well at least people are using more innvotive ways of killing me. Some tried to stab the top of my head by jumping from a window last night.

It was me again...i failed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

happened a few times when podge joined a game my bullets turned into pea's....

25th thats great lets push for 15th on the next one!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

happened a few times when podge joined a game my bullets turned into pea's....

25th thats great lets push for 15th on the next one!!!:D:D:D

I reckon we could get into the top 10 easy enough, we have more than god like players in fairness ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Have to agree with podge here. There's no competition in playing a bunch of randomers, it's hardly enjoyable.

Anytime we get a good team there's always someone who wants to back out and find an easier lobby. Where's the fun in that like?

On the note of joining games against BRDS, I don't see the problem here either. People always complain that the people who joined are shooting their shít down, well what do you expect them to do? Stand there and let an AC-130 rain down?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have to agree with podge here. There's no competition in playing a bunch of randomers, it's hardly enjoyable.

Anytime we get a good team there's always someone who wants to back out and find an easier lobby. Where's the fun in that like?

On the note of joining games against BRDS, I don't see the problem here either. People always complain that the people who joined are shooting their shít down, well what do you expect them to do? Stand there and let an AC-130 rain down?

I'll be back on xbox in 2 weeks time so I will be doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'll be back on xbox in 2 weeks time so I will be doing this

family-guy-bug-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Meatwad wrote: »
    Few of us were talking last night about making it a rule that people shouldn't just join games with out either getting an invite first or joining the party and asking to join, as can lead to bit of aggro down the line. Its happened a few times lately where people have joined on the opposite team and have pretty much f'd up someone elses game.
    I don't mean people joining the chat party and joining when you know they're on the opposite team as they generally don't ruin a moab run as they can communicate so to know whats going on, or people coincidently joining a lobby against boardies. Its happened to all of us in the past but usually have the common sense to have the clan tags turned off and not feck about with other peoples game before we back out and find a different lobby.

What are peoples opinions on this? Only fair that every one has a say. I reckon people shouldn't join on the opposite team if a party is full(unless its agreed before hand that they should). People that consistently break this rule should be removed from the clan for obvious reasons.

This has happend me once or twice,when i join sesh thinking theres room on the boards side,but get put on the other team.I'm not doing it to intentionally wreck the game like im sure other boardsies wouldnt,but....im there to play also,and if that means someone missed out on a moab because i took you out well.....too bad.If i didnt take you out and just sat back thatwouldlook like boosting.Been on the recieving end of a few boardsies ass kickings,and its not a pleasent place to be!But if i end up there im gonna fight as best i can(for what its worth:o)Were only all playing here for fun,it shouldnt be taken so seriously,as to kick someone from the clan.

Who got kicked from the clan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Don't think anyone did...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Dunno, was 70 yesterday... Wasn't me randomly kicking people... yet...

Oh.. It's just when I read
    shouldnt be taken so seriously,as to kick someone from the clan.
    from harvest, I thought someone got kicked.

Oh and about the whole having boards people joining on the other team. I'm against it.

I don't mind a challenge at all. I'll replay people that have beaten us just to try to do the same back. We get way too laid back pub stomping and I only back out if people ask me to.

The reason I'm against it is that I(and I'm sure other people) end up getting annoyed with them if they are using ****ty tactics(Well, cheap tactics). Take seridisand, he only joins against us and I've never seen him join a party. When ever he kill me, I get even more pissed off just because he's in the clan and on the other team. Some member of our clan was also sitting in a corner in his spawn the other day with blind eye, assassin and just sniping out. This pissed off people to no extent :P

When people join in against us from the clan, it just causes frustration. I'm always up for a challenge, I've played against 'those that shall not be named' and done private matches with ya's for the challenge and for the craic. It just causes too much agro between us and we're already an angry enough group :P

Plus the whole, people might think we are boosting thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

This has happend me once or twice,when i join sesh thinking theres room on the boards side,but get put on the other team.I'm not doing it to intentionally wreck the game like im sure other boardsies wouldnt,but....im there to play also,and if that means someone missed out on a moab because i took you out well.....too bad.If i didnt take you out and just sat back thatwouldlook like boosting.Been on the recieving end of a few boardsies ass kickings,and its not a pleasent place to be!But if i end up there im gonna fight as best i can(for what its worth:o)Were only all playing here for fun,it shouldnt be taken so seriously,as to kick someone from the clan.

I agree with ya for the most part, but my view is if I joined a game and saw I was playing against people I knew,I'd be careful not to ruin some ones killstreak. Personally it doesn't effect me cause I'm not really good enough to even get close to a moab, but if i was and some one killed me,I'd be pissed. If its a randomer you probably won't remember their name, but if its some one you know you'll remember it and it can cause ****e down the line, which could easily be avoided by not joining a game.
    I play for fun as well, but try not to have my fun at the expense of making some one, I'll probably be playing with later on, pissed off at me.If we want to play against each other, which we do from time to time , its usually in a private match like a quickscoping lobby or riot shields and javelins, where its something a bit different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Whoa this is all a bit heavy for this time of night and the amount of whiskey currently residing in my belly

But, for the join session thing it's pretty black and white to me. Join the xbl party and give fair warning your coming in and if someone's on a Moab then don't join. If you can't get into the xbl party but the join session option is there, don't join session because you have no way of telling if you're about to wreck someone's Moab. That's how I play it anyway

I was the blind eye, assassin sniper Doc referred to and I make absolutely no apologies for it. I'm on other team surrounded by a bunch of complete derps who are running blindly out in the open providing free killstreaks. I'm going to get nowhere doing the same so I balance it by sniping

x43r0 wrote: »
    Whoa this is all a bit heavy for this time of night and the amount of whiskey currently residing in my belly

But, for the join session thing it's pretty black and white to me. Join the xbl party and give fair warning your coming in and if someone's on a Moab then don't join. If you can't get into the xbl party but the join session option is there, don't join session because you have no way of telling if you're about to wreck someone's Moab. That's how I play it anyway

I was the blind eye, assassin sniper Doc referred to and I make absolutely no apologies for it. I'm on other team surrounded by a bunch of complete derps who are running blindly out in the open providing free killstreaks. I'm going to get nowhere doing the same so I balance it by sniping

It wasn't you drunky :P It was someone that doesn't play with us often, can't remember who it was. The map was resistance though.

It wasn't you drunky :P It was someone that doesn't play with us often, can't remember who it was. The map was resistance though.

I think I heard it was Kaos. If so, decent lad so I doubt he did it to offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

x43r0 wrote: »

I think McDrunkard sums it up there.

As for the second part of it.. I remember joining a session, turned out I was on the other side.. I took it up to about 25 kills and then said fook this, stopped running out into the open and stayed back taking out killstreaks.

Getting silent sniped with Assassin pro from some douchebag is annoying... but when its a douchebag you know it's not so bad (no offence X :p).

If someone's on a MOAB, then as said above, its different!

(P.S. Kudos to X for being surprisingly coherent for the time of the post and on a schoolnight p*ssed too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

15847068.jpg

Just wanted to post a big thanks to Doc for organising all of this. I went on the Elite page once and aged a year, so I'm sure it was headwrecking!

Appreciate it man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Since I've been named and shamed, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. Firstly, apologies if I've annoyed any of you but I only joined the clan recently and have been trying to get into a game on the same side (without much luck - played once or twice with sewerrat).

So I've been stuck on the other side, firstly straight into a mid-game spawn trap with a bunch of randomers, *SPAWN* - shotgun to the back of the head.....so I whipped out the L118A and started picking off the trappers without much success...to which I got a torrent of abuse for "camping" as I was apparently suppose to be running wildly into the well covered exits from the spawn.

Whats the point of the story? Ask me to leave or invite me into the party(I was unaware there was a party chat function)
    But more importantly, It's my first day..

No need to apologise, you're only doing what anyone else would have done in that situation. People always say, ah sure you should have just tried to get out of the spawn trap. It's called a trap... not so easy to get out unless someone (Perrin :pac: jk jk) runs in and flips the spawns. When people get spawn trapped they do one of 2 things, A) Camp at their flag and try keep a respectable K/D or B) Rage quit.

Most of the people I play with on a weekly basis are guilty of both of these at some point in there gaming life time.

Some of the guys that I've played with over the past 2 years have really started having a go at people who join session in progress and play against us/them. Most of these guys (scarecrow, pestellence, eamon, zero and a few others I can't think of off hand) only really came about when MW3 was release. How are they to know there's a spawn trapping etiquette?

TLDR -

128700884127024954.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

I've been on both sides of the brds clan, and i can easily imagine how frustrating it can be.

I've no issue with spoiling anyone's moab, and playing against brds people is a great chance to rack up plenty of anti-air support points.
    Stingers, SAM turrets/counter-uav/EMP are the way to go :-)

Still remember that time Happi killed Muse one off a MOAB :D

• Advertisement

Still remember that time Happi killed Muse one off a MOAB :D

There was begrudging words of that 2 days ago.. people should just not go for MOAB's. Simples :p

Advertisement