Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

the greatest band of all time

RIP Bon

Would recommend "Powerage" as their finest hour

Small typo there Dublin Spur ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Would recommend "Powerage" as their finest hour

Found this a hard album to get into for ages, now up there as my favourite AC/DC album. Down Payment Blues isn't far off their best song ever. I remember getting a boxset of High Voltage, Dirty Deeds and Powerage and Cold Hearted Man was on the Powerage album but when I subsequently bought that album afterwards it wasn't on it, love that song.

On the TV forum there is a saying "Jumped the Shark", I was (is) a huge AC/DC fan but I remember listening to fly on the wall and the song First Blood (not a bad song) but I remember the lyrics "some like it hot.....some like it not so hot" and I remember thinking to myself, what a load of crap, I started to fall out of love with them at that stage but Who Made Who restored my faith in them. Use to go into an arcade in my home town and put it on on, the drums at the start were superb and then the guitars kicked in. All the guys who use to slag them off at that time became big fans after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wasnt the Punchestown gig 2009? I certainly dont remember going to it last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Seen them 9 times live. Was a fanatic . But find it hard to listen to them these days. Same old Same old.

Full respect to them. But after 20 years of fanship i grow werry of over played songs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I grew up with them, some memories coming alive now. I heard TNT for the first time on the radio and spent all my pocket money to buy the LP :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I grew up listening to AC/DC too (although I guess i'm not totally grown up :p) I didn't think i'd ever get to see them, so I made sure I went a couple of times when the black ice dates were up and it was great, but now I NEED them to tour again :)

Malice wrote: »
    I likes boobage ;).

You'll love fear factory so ;)

Advertisement