Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a reasonably strong earthquake be good for the economy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

They reckon a good old fashioned war is good for the world economy and would help to slowdown the overpopulation thats occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lol don't be silly. The giants causeway was made by a giant.

The clue is in the name.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant's_Causeway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sam Kade wrote: »

Yeah?
    the Irish warrior Fionn mac Cumhaill (Finn McCool) built the causeway to walk to Scotland to fight his Scottish counterpart Benandonner.

From Wikipedia

Giant's Causeway.

not 'The Volcanic Causeway'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It'd certainly shake up the property market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

considering how this country deals with a bit of rain and a bit of snow, can you imagine what an earthquake would do? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

stevenmu wrote: »
    It'd certainly shake up the property market.

I like your pun but it's bitter sweet because nobody noticed my one on page two and this is a shameless attempt at drawing attention to it and I haven't used nearly enough punctuation in this sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

galah wrote: »
    considering how this country deals with a bit of rain and a bit of snow, can you imagine what an earthquake would do? :rolleyes:

Something like this I would imagine
    catastrophism_NationalGeographic_3LondonFire.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

What about all the aid we would receive? There was enough money gathered for Haiti that they could have rebuilt it 3 times over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

No it would not be good for the economy, the now third biggest economy Japan has had stagnant growth since the Kobe earthquake now because of the recent earthquake Japan expects negative growth.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I like your pun but it's bitter sweet because nobody noticed my one on page two and this is a shameless attempt at drawing attention to it and I haven't used nearly enough punctuation in this sentence.

That's a shame, you seem quite shook up about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement