Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White House denies aliens exist . . . so do they?

Options
2»

Comments

psychward wrote: »
    Why does the American government have to be the only one which knows about alien life and covers it up? What about the Russians etc? The problem I would have with a global conspiracy is that it would be a teamwork between countries which do not get along with one another. Why would they do this ?

Do the Russians cover it up too? I know there are some governments, in particular the Mexican, that acknowledge their existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Do the Russians cover it up too? I know there are some governments, in particular the Mexican, that acknowledge their existence.

I don't know what the Russian government's position on the existance of aliens is but I have seen a lot of reports about UFOs coming from that region same as from almost every other region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

If by 'aliens' we mean plant life, bacteria or even somewhat intelligent creatures that are not unlike humans on distant planets, then yes. If by 'aliens' we mean little green men who abduct people from Earth and stick probes up their ars*s, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

I think that the media (Discovery Channel included) have been publishing the most optimistic estimates of life arising spontaneously. The more conservative scientists estimate that intelligent extraterrestrial life (I assume this is what the OP meant by "aliens") is extremely rare if it exists at all.

Furthermore, our earth is anything but a typical planet. It has a huge moon relative to its own size which stabilises it so that earth's climate remains stable. It has a molten iron core which produces a strong magnetic field to protect life from harmful radiation. It is the optimal distance from its star so that water remains in a liquid state. Those three factors make earth a very special place in cosmological terms. All three have been essential to earth being a habitable planet where life can evolve.

Add to this the fact that life does not form as easily as was believed to be the case when Fermi and associates made their original estimates. In fact, modern scientific opinion is that earth is too young for life to have evolved here and that the first living organisms arrived on by hitching rides on comets.

I would consider myself a realist also and thinking that Earth is the only planet capable of supporting life is madness. Given that in the known "discovered" universe, there are 70 sextillion stars each with an unknown number of planets orbiting it, there is a strong chance that their is an earth similar planet out there.

Also bear in mind that not all life depends on the same factors for survival. Humans require oxygen and water. (<--Generalisation) There are species even on earth that differ from these requirements! So it is more than possible that a planet that doesn't support human life could support "alien" life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If the white house say they dont exist then they probably do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The White House is too embarrassed to admit that aliens attemped to make first contact with us a few years ago, and while in orbit around planet earth, they were monitoring our transmissions from earth.

After intercepting 10 mins of Jeremy Kyle and Jerry Springer transmissions, they decided to go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    This is the same White House that proved that WMDs existed?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

There was a lad before on Newstalk, I think, who has trapped a live alien in his wardrobe up around Westmeath somewhere.

WHy isn't this lad being given more air time to showcase the "evidence"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The Whitehouse may deny all knowledge but that doesnt mean the CIA/Military doesnt have information and/or proof.

I firmly believe that alien species exist and have visited earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

They're not fooling me. I've seen Independence Day, I know how this goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think if there is intelligent life out there we won't know about it until we are much more advanced. If they did evolve millions of years ago they probably already know we exist and are just studying us. I think they'd be much more interested in seeing how we evolve, we would have absolutely nothing on this planet that they would need our only value is scientific our development would be much more interesting as it could give valuable insights into their own development.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

psychward wrote: »
    The problem I would have with a global conspiracy is that it would be a teamwork between countries which do not get along with one another. Why would they do this ?

Maybe they just PRETEND not to get along so people don't think that there's already a global government in place. That way it's easier to manipulate you into thinking things like this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

http://financialtrade.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Barak_Obama.jpg

You guys almost got me to give you an answer on that one, didnt you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

MetalDog wrote: »
    The White House says it has no evidence that extraterrestrial creatures exist.

Thats not what your thread title says

Thread Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

No. Any suggestions that there's life elsewhere are only to drum up support to increase NASA's budget so they can give their money to contractors in order to build another expensive space probe only to come back empty handed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

In June 1947 an alien spacecraft & it's alien occupants allegedly crash landed into a field near Roswell in New Mexico.

Nine months later, TV presenter Jeremy Beadle was born.
    Did anyone read this in the same tone of voice used for the intro to the A-Team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Kojak wrote: »
    There was a lad before on Newstalk, I think, who has trapped a live alien in his wardrobe up around Westmeath somewhere.

WHy isn't this lad being given more air time to showcase the "evidence"?
    Because he would have to get a certificate from his doctor that he was sane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's no mention of life on other planets in the Bible, so eh, NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Does alien life exist you could be almost certain it does, perhaps the universe is teeming with it.

Does alien intelligent life exist who are capable of making a culture, I don't think so.

The Earth as a home for life has a lot going for it, its rich in water, relatively stable, protected from Solar radiation from the ozone layer and the magnetosphere, temperate because of a stable small sun, also we have Jupiter to suck up rocks and comets as well as our sun.

There was life on earth pretty much from the onset 4.5 billion years and to spite it being the perfect planet for stable life to evolve, cultural intelligence only evolved once, as in us. So the chances of all those things coming together and cultural intelligence to evolve anywhere else is slim, even in a vast universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Dave! wrote: »
    There's no mention of life on other planets in the Bible, so eh, NO!

The bible doesn't mention a lot of things which have been discovered in the last 2000 years. If alien life is discovered would that call into question your belief* in the bible ?

*assuming you believe most of it because you used it in an argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Ya, chances are there are little green men somewhere out there.

I really doubt any of them live here though, unfortunately Men In Black wasn't a documentary

Advertisement