Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childish Gambino - Camp [STREAM]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Still one of his best from EP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I've bought every issue of Maxim US for the last year and a half or so bar one.Which one,the f**king one where they give the $848 to Childish Gambino of course.Sod's law!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've bought every issue of Maxim US for the last year and a half or so bar one.Which one,the f**king one where they give the $848 to Childish Gambino of course.Sod's law!

What?

:confused:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What?

:confused:

It was mentioned in one of the earlier posts.they give a celebrity $848 to do whatever the hell they want with it and its usually quite good.i was just saying that of all the issues to miss buying (only Porters,and strangely Appegreen stock it in Cork,i think Easons in Dublin do it) I missed one with someone I was actually interestd in,usually the do that with people that would only really be known in america like hockey and baseball players,although it was shaq a month or two ago

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It was mentioned in one of the earlier posts.they give a celebrity $848 to do whatever the hell they want with it and its usually quite good.i was just saying that of all the issues to miss buying (only Porters,and strangely Appegreen stock it in Cork,i think Easons in Dublin do it) I missed one with someone I was actually interestd in,usually the do that with people that would only really be known in america like hockey and baseball players,although it was shaq a month or two ago

i'll see if i still have it lying around somewhere

• Advertisement

his stand up is gold too btw.watched two shows a couple of weeks ago and they're brilliant.pm me if u want a copy

YES!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/1503424?dcc&dma_id=608&wt.mc_id=EML_NTF232739_4[pt_e_p_1_of_4a

Gambino in The Academy on August 17th. Tickets are €33.50. Absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

Sickened! I'm going to be in San Fran then. I decide to go on a J1 and both Gambino and Hoodie Allen decide to play in Ireland, curse my luck!

muchacho wrote: »
    Sickened! I'm going to be in San Fran then. I decide to go on a J1 and both Gambino and Hoodie Allen decide to play in Ireland, curse my luck!

Ahh feck off, your going on a J1 to San Fran, be excited you ungrateful git! :D I went on a J1 to Cali last year and spent a week in SF, it is absolutely class. Also, you have your pick of the best acts in the area, so if you want a to see a good act, you just have to look out for it.

Haha a bit selfish of me I guess, I just love Donald Glover and everything he does. Heard this about 2 years ago, I immediately went and downloaded all his mixtapes. Love him in Community too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Don't much care for Donald Glovers rap output but hopefully he might bring Danny Brown with him on tour like he did in the us. I've heard twitter promoter rumours that the hybrid is coming here at some point over the summer so that's likely it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Missed out on tickets for this as i didnt have the money, surprised itssold out actually, if anyone has any spare i would appreciate a shout.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Raoul wrote: »
    Missed out on tickets for this as i didnt have the money, surprised itssold out actually, if anyone has any spare i would appreciate a shout.

No buying and selling tickets on the thread please.
    Use adverts.ie for that sort of thing.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    No buying and selling tickets on the thread please.
    Use adverts.ie for that sort of thing.

Sorry, just that its usually the same people that go to the rap gigs, So thought my best chance was here. Extremely disappointed i didnt get tickets.

Raoul wrote: »
    Sorry, just that its usually the same people that go to the rap gigs, So thought my best chance was here. Extremely disappointed i didnt get tickets.

No worries, didnt expect it to sell out myself. There are lots of Community fans going along to this who probably have not heard his music. :eek:

No worries, didnt expect it to sell out myself. There are lots of Community fans going along to this who probably have not heard his music. :eek:

:mad: That would really annoy me.

To be honest, I just didn't want to spend the money when they first came out and I was thinking "ah sure he won't sell out anyway". So silly of me :(

I'm just going to do what I usually do, wait to see if a ticket falls into my lap and then go along. :D

I'm just going to do what I usually do, wait to see if a ticket falls into my lap and then go along. :D

Lucky for some people that have that luxury :(. I will be emailing all the usual suspects asap to see if there is any spare tickets.

I finally managed to get a physical CD copy of Camp in a bricks and mortar shop.

Looking forward to the new mixtape after bumping Camp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Any idea why the Dublin gig is cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Any idea why the Dublin gig is cancelled?

It was "due to a previously unplanned extension of his TV commitments".

That's the problem with these dual stars :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Finally took the plunge and bought this album and I'm not disappointed at all!, very good listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Finally took the plunge and bought this album and I'm not disappointed at all!, very good listen.

Check out Royalty too, which is free. One of the best releases of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Hoping for some new material in 2013

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Hoping for some new material in 2013

Well...

This was released today:

I know Flux Pavilion won't be many's cup of tea on here, and I'm not normally into Dubstep at all, but after seeing this pop up on a tracklist from a blog a while back I've been waiting for it. And I kind of love it. Donald kills it.

But I know what you mean, I still love Royalty but I'd love some new material.

Advertisement