Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nikon camera €144.99 @Argos

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

camera shake of more than a pixel??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

honestly think this camera is a good price but the aa batteries is a massive turnoff....dont understand were they are getting this was''239.99!!"love to know how many sold for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I got one the other day, and am impressed with it for this price, + with the 10euro voucher ill get some rechargeable batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

I got one the other day, and am impressed with it for this price, + with the 10euro voucher ill get some rechargeable batteries

I bought one just before they did the free vouchers, but i'm happy with it, lovely little camera :) Were you offered the half price camera case and 4gb memory card at the till? I was offered it at full price but an email to argos resulted in me taking another trip to argos to get it at half price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but these cameras are back on offer again at €143.99, plus a free €10 voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks, seems like a great price. Have been looking at entry level DSLRs for ages, but hard to justify one when this option is just so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Would uoi get much use out of a set of batteries and do you know if a case and card comes with it.

From what I can tell it has strap and required cables, but no case or memory card. According to what I can find on battery life....
    Approx. 330 shots with alkaline, 890 shots with lithium*4, or 520 shots with EN-MH2 battery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Tidyweb wrote: »
    Would uoi get much use out of a set of batteries and do you know if a case and card comes with it.

if you buy good batteries you will get good use out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks, seems like a great price. Have been looking at entry level DSLRs for ages, but hard to justify one when this option is just so cheap!

You get much more control with a DSLR and will learn much more about photography if you like experimenting.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You get much more control with a DSLR and will learn much more about photography if you like experimenting.
    Thanks, yeah that would certainly be my intention, but for arguments sake if both cameras are set to "auto" mode or whatever the equivalent is, will the quality of picture from the DSLR be streets ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Its really as simple as this; if you want to get into serious photography then you need a SLR. If you only ever take photos for pleasure, for family, friends and on holidays, (probably 95%+ of people) then you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

2nd hand DSLR is imo the best entry point into hobby photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

does the screen not cause the batteries to waste very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

For what it's worth guys, I bought one of these for my 22 year old daughter for Christmas. She wasn't interested in a true slr but wanted something with a good screen, fair zoom and of course the red one is a bit girlie!!
    Since then she has taken it to lots of parties, student do's etc. and loves the quality it produces. Very good at group shots,and portraits, slightly less so on full zoom but all in all, very good for the money. By the way, it was on offer at Christmas for €149.99. Also half price case and memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

hard to beat a cannon powershot

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

p.s. She got rechargeable aa's which are more then up to the job.

Advertisement