Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles of a fish: the days of surf and turf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    All the cool multi sport athletes wear bike helmets while running...

I did that running out of T2 once. Cool wouldn't be a word I'd use......numpty perhaps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

mossym wrote: »
    might not be on much for the next couple of days, so best of luck on sunday Dory. no idea where the NY marathon finishes up, but for the post run blow out i can recommend here:
    http://www.serendipity3.com/

can be a 3 hour wait for a table(or was the last time i went there), so put your name down, go do the run, and come back.:) amazing icecreams though...

Good lord, that better be some crazy good ice cream if I'm going to wait 3 hours! ;) And thanks for the well wishes!!! :)

Thursday, October 30th, 2014

Run plan: 4 miles easy

The big easy......on a cool, crisp Autumn day. First 2 miles felt creaky and spastic.....second 2 miles felt fluid and happy. Twas slow....but then again this was all about the easy. Good god I haven't a clue what's going to happen on Sunday. :confused:

Run plan: 6 loopy loops around my field of dreams to total 4.2 easy miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Good god I haven't a clue what's going to happen on Sunday.

Soufle on head - check.
    Legs no longer work - check.
    Body is lethargic - check.
    Cannot run anymore - check.
    Taper madness in full flow - check.

Sounds like you'll crush it Sunday.

You probably know already, there are strong winds from the NW predicted for Sunday. This means - look to draft (yes it is legal!) especially on the bridges (the bridges are not places to expend energy at the best of times), and up 2nd Avenue which can turn into a long wind tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Good luck on Sunday

pgmcpq wrote: »
    You probably know already, there are strong winds from the NW predicted for Sunday. This means - look to draft (yes it is legal!) especially on the bridges (the bridges are not places to expend energy at the best of times), and up 2nd Avenue which can turn into a long wind tunnel.

:eek::eek::eek:

Oh good lord...wind too??? I had heard about the cold - prediction is this could be the coldest start in NY City marathon history :eek: but hadn't been paying attention to the wind forecast. I'll be looking for the man with the pink carnation and Wednesday's NY Times at the first bridge then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

best of luck tomorrow Dory, hope that wind stays away, looking forward to the report already:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Go hoochie!
    Go hoochie!
    Go hoochie!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck Dory. enjoy!!

Is there somewhere we can track you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Good luck and enjoy it!

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Best of luck Dory. enjoy!!

Is there somewhere we can track you?

Here's the link - there's also a mobile app, but there's no need for that, trust me, this will be a slow one! My bib number is 9479.

http://liveresults.nyrr.org/e/NY2014#b=na&v=ptrack

Okay...without too much elaboration let me say, New York is New York - condensed and crazy....concrete and crowded. Glad I'm here, but boy is this different from Boston! As far as tomorrow goes, this will be no PB folks. Not by a long shot as I am not properly marathon trained and the weather may be quite miserable and tough, not to mention this course is hillier than you think!! So....if you believe that when a door closes a window opens, then you can take advantage of the new opportunities that are being made available to you. And, as ecoli just reminded me, sometimes we get too wrapped up in performance to actually take things in...so tomorrow I take things in. Which is good, because today I took a little more in than I intended! :o;) Carpe diem. And see you on the other side. Whoop whoop!!! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

pgibbo wrote: »
    I did that running out of T2 once. Cool wouldn't be a word I'd use......numpty perhaps :pac:

I've done that. Pulled it off nicely. But then, I would. :cool:

Best of luck tomorrow DD...have a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

Best of luck DD, we haven't "met", but I have read your log for a while, and "track" your IM here in boards...Enjoy!!!
    Go hoochie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Not sure if you'll see this in time, but good luck in the marathon.

Dory is running a steady pace so far and if she holds it will be on for a 3.3x finish. Amazing stuff from a girl whose only there 'to have fun'

Bloody hell. Some going. Fingers crossed for her.

It is not as cold as they feared. But there is a really nasty wind she has been dealing with. It going to get really tough once she gets onto the 59th street bridge and into the wind tunel effect on 2nd ave.
    I was out this morning and the wind is draining. They actually moved the wheel chair start off the verazzano bridge because of the winds (possibly shorting the course)

Through half in 1.46

Gone through 20m on just under 2.48. Pace has dropped off a bit but still on for 3.4x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Amazing! Come on Dory. You're flying!

22m in 3.07. Atta girl DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Keep it going Dory. Mile 23 looked like a toughie, almost there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

GWAN HOOCHIEDOUBLDEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Just 2k to go eta 3.49!

3.48.52 good going hooch!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Super strong finish, congrats iron lady.

Brilliant - well done DD! An achievement to be proud of.

Great performance - especially in those coditions. Would not fancy that lat 11 miles at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done DD :D

Advertisement