Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Are any of you good at quizzing. I would have posted on the the quiz thread, but none visits. I watch Pointless, and University Challenge.

Do you any of you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Lollers wrote: »
    Are any of you good at quizzing. I would have posted on the the quiz thread, but none visits. I watch Pointless, and University Challenge.

Do you any of you ?

I'm alright at quizzes. General knowledge, pop culture, weird things. Geography and sport are black holes of mystery though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

The anser to your question is yes.
    Are we winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Love quizzes. I've an eidetic memory so i've a bit of an unfair advantage as i retain the most useless shíte in my head. I love reading trivia and useless fact books too so that helps. I'm hopeless when it comes to anything to do with music or most pop culture. General knowledge and films would be my strong points. Haven't took part in a quiz in a good while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Do you any of you ?

If the quiz question is "Can you shart out a bit of English on a forum?" then you get top marks.

Love quizzes. I've an eidetic memory so i've a bit of an unfair advantage as i retain the most useless shíte in my head. I love reading trivia and useless fact books too so that helps. Haven't took part in a quiz in a good while though.

WHAT ARE THE 39 STEPS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea I always remember useless crap for some reason. My mother used to say myself and my brother were fountains of useless knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I watch a lot of tv which comes in handy for the soap/movie questions. So can I join your quiz team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I'm alright. So far I've provided 100% correct answers when quizzed by the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Eggheads on BBC always needs a winning team to go up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Snakeblood wrote: »
    WHAT ARE THE 39 STEPS?

Easy.

Step 1
    Step 2
    Step 3
    Step 4
    Step 5
    Step 6
    Step 7
    Step 8
    Step 9
    Step 10
    Step 11
    Step 12
    Step 13
    Step 14
    Step 15
    Step 16
    Step 17
    Step 18
    Step 19
    Step 20
    Step 21
    Step 22
    Step 23
    Step 24
    Step 25
    Step 26
    Step 27
    Step 28
    Step 29
    Step 30
    Step 31
    Step 32
    Step 33
    Step 34
    Step 35
    Step 36
    Step 37
    Step 38
    Step 39

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

WHAT ARE THE 39 STEPS?

Alfred Hitchcock film! :)

mathie wrote: »
    Easy.

Step 39

Ooh, there it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Whats the square root of 4?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Whats the square root of 4?

Wrong

Pnad and minus 2

It's -2i loser! :p (actually I'm not even sure if I remembered that correctly)

Ah fúck it forget about it. I'm thinking square roots of negative numbers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

why does E = MC²?

cosmicfart wrote: »
    why does E = MC²?
    I thought these new neutrinos fcuked up that theory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If there is a quiz section on pointless 80s pop music trivia, I'm your man. To a frightening, near-olympic standard degree.

Dotrel wrote: »
    It's -2i loser! :p (actually I'm not even sure if I remembered that correctly)

Why did you edit my post?

Hardy har

Why did you edit my post?

Hardy har

Who knows. I don't even know what the square roots of 4 are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

If quizes are quizical, what are tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

smash wrote: »
    I thought these new neutrinos fcuked up that theory?

ok then ill rephrase, why did the new neutrinos fook up the so called E = MC² theory?

Answer: B G's Speed of light Speed of light ha ha ha ha Speed of light Speed of light ha ha ha ha Speed of light Speed of liiiiiiiight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If quizes are quizical, what are tests?

Harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What city?
    Paris

What actor?
    Jack Lemmon.

With these two simply pieces of knowledge you too can be a Trivial Pursuit champ.

In a horrible A-Team way it might be coming together.
    Are you gonna be BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I am lethal at quizzes. Absolutely the rocks!

Anyway table quizes just arent fun anymore - The usual team consists of three idiots and an Iphone!

It's kinda funny how general knowledge (and learning in general) used to have a bit of value. But since the advent of mobile phone technology most people are happy to know nothing first hand and consult the net when they need an answer for something.

Anyway table quizes just arent fun anymore - The usual team consists of three idiots and an Iphone!

People used to run to the toilets and ring their mates with mobiles, too. I was in Macnhester adn they had a sign for a quiz thing that was app based. You turn up with your mobile, sign in, and the questions have to be picked from the multiple choice, as far as I could see. Seemed like an interesting way of doing things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

People used to run to the toilets and ring their mates with mobiles, too. I was in Macnhester adn they had a sign for a quiz thing that was app based. You turn up with your mobile, sign in, and the questions have to be picked from the multiple choice, as far as I could see. Seemed like an interesting way of doing things.

A lot of well ran quizzes now put zip lock bags on the tables and every participant has to put their phone in the bag. and the bag is left on the table.

People who use smart phones at quizzes are a lower form of intellect than mongs who know nothing.

Advertisement