Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about the USA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

why hasnt it been made public im sure a high majority of people would be up for it seeing as unemployment is massive at the moment.where are they think of building it???it sounds good to have something like that but for china would they not get a better deal if the choose france,after all we are still an island,im sure transport costs would be somewhat cheaper if it was in mainland europe no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

No - they're in as much, if not more, debt as Europe is, we'd be better off going back to the Punt if we could, or defaulting and doing an Iceland, they seem to be doing OK.

As it stands we're going to wind up like Greece because we've put ourselves in a position to be dictated to by Merkozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Why the hell would anyone WANT to be part of america? They're the most fúcked up society on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

I would rather we didn't go back too the punt. Wouldn't people loose out on there savings by changing over to the punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

The European union would be ok if it actually functioned like it should. For example we should have a fiscal union with shared responsibility across the member states.

If the ECB wanted the banks held up the cost should have been distributed across all member states and not just lumped on us or lent to us at interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Grassroots_FF

cena wrote: »
    I would rather we didn't go back too the punt. Wouldn't people loose out on there savings by changing over to the punt

No they wouldn't. That's a complete myth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Gunnerkid wrote: »
    So with the EU in trouble and things not looking good for the Eurozone, what would you think if the USA offered to take the Republic in as a state or protectorate would you vote in favor of it or against it.

I think a similar thread to this has been made before but with whats been happening in the Eurozone lately I thought it would be an interesting question to ask.

No. An absolute stupid idea.

No they wouldn't. That's a complete myth.

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

earpiece wrote: »
    Against... rather have Bertie back.

Did I really just write this!

If the US were in charge B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-Bertie would be in jail for white collar crime.

No bank account me àrse. Rather have Bertie back? Are you on the scag?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Silly idea (although I get paid in USD so it would suit me :D)

BUT a huge country with lots of resources, a pop in excess of 300 million and economic, military and cultural influence all over the globe (whether right or wrong, and yes a lot of it is wrong) is not really "as ****ed as Ireland" is it? I think that's just hubris and a bit of the aul Napoleon Syndrome. It's cute though *pat pat*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I would be all for it imagine getting to go to dennie's for brekkie whenever you want, all the outlets they would have here would be pretty cool too.

Then there is the serious side of proper sentences for criminals like the 3 strikes rule and the death penalty. Plus I could start using words like awesome and super.

donalg1 wrote: »
    I would be all for it imagine getting to go to dennie's for brekkie whenever you want, all the outlets they would have here would be pretty cool too.

Then there is the serious side of proper sentences for criminals like the 3 strikes rule and the death penalty. Plus I could start using words like awesome and super.

I too would like this. Would we all become U.S citizen

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Do we get do share their 3 trillion dollars debt? Do we, do we?!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

No bloody thanks i would'nt dream of annexing to that ......Don't upset me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Gunnerkid wrote: »
    So with the EU in trouble and things not looking good for the Eurozone, what would you think if the USA offered to take the Republic in as a state or protectorate would you vote in favor of it or against it.

I think a similar thread to this has been made before but with whats been happening in the Eurozone lately I thought it would be an interesting question to ask.
    As bad as things are in Europe the US in in a much worse off place. They really are gonna have to start a war fairly soon to distract the sheeple over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

America seems like a bit of a fascist state to me, how many different police forces does one country need? I think the citizens are having all their power taken away from them and are under the thumb of big business politics. Americans are some of the coolest people on the planet but their countries just not a place I'd like to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

people seem to foret that the us lthough considered a country,
    is effectively 50 contries that unionised under one common currencey and common trade/taxation laws,
    one military force/budget, one overall president.

fairly similir to what europe was trying to do just couldnt achieve.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I love america across the great Atlantic Ocean.......but not here..i see too much of it as it is.See grafton street destroyed with garish tacky shop fronts.Stay away u s of a.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

If Jesus was still in power this never would have happened. ~

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

we couldnt have a zombie mad man running the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'd love to move to the USA if an opportunity arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

doovdela wrote: »
    I'd love to move to the USA if an opportunity arose.

half way there, the missus has a yankie passport :P

Advertisement