Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

everyone has their own taste. just because it is not my cup of tae doesnt mean others wouldnt be very happy with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-1-8-gti-turbo-2003-1250/7398181

There's a bargain.

10euro on the best the ad will be gone in the morning due to the swarm of donedealers.

500 views in 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There's a bargain.

10euro on the best the ad will be gone in the morning due to the swarm of donedealers.

500 views in 20 mins.

and 499 of those people closed the link because it wasn't a diesel. sure you'd need shares in BP to run that yoke.

nearly 1k views in an hour is a fair achievement alright. looks fairly ok, i'd gamble for that price for sure if it drove ok. always had a bit of a hankering for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Chances are the first line in that ad is a complete lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Bond car....
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/alfa-gtv/7394488

oh how id love to have this on the driveway...puts into perspective the prices some of the 916 gtv's are going for. They might be a future classic after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

There's a bargain.

500 views in 20 mins.
    the motor tax can't be right??? can it 550 seems cheap for a 1.8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

massy086 wrote: »
    the motor tax can't be right??? can it 550 seems cheap for a 1.8

Think it's around €640.
    Motortax.ie will tell ya anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Tempted by this barge, not gonna lie!
    I know it's only a 6 cylinder..
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/daimler-sovereign-1988-50k-for-auction/5605021

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

^^ that's a nice ad as well, wish all ads were like that.

bear1 wrote: »
    ^^ that's a nice ad as well, wish all ads were like that.
    To be fair it is a dealer.
    I've seen it in person in a few shows this year as well and it looks well minded.
    Wonder how much it'll go for, considering it's on normal 1809 tax for 4 years more.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Jaguar-xj6-low-620x287.jpg
    379878_100816123370786_100003271951769_2312_1824196237_n.jpg

I normally love slammed cars but that is god awful

You're god awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm siding with Limerick Man.

You're god awful!

Well isnt that a turn1p for the books :)

Usual style of post, says alot about the post's author IMO. At least the sentence build quality is correct, using "You're" when most would incorrectly use "your". The english vernacular is slowly but surely rusting away. Glad to see that you are upholding the standards. You've obviously 8ten your greens today (even if it is closed)

Same whiff of reliability of the same posters' thanks underneath.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'm siding with Limerick Man.

You would, jap boy #2
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Agreed. Way to make a ballacks of a beautiful car. :eek:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Agreed. Way to make a ballacks of a beautiful car. :eek:
    Cheers - theres no accounting for taste :P

Anyway, back on topic.
    I want this too. Dangerous place to be, ebay.co.uk - there are lots of nice classics listed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161378430730?_trksid=p2059216.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_211wt_1069

May actually bid on this one, if it stays below £2.5k till nearer the auction close (I dont bid that early)

...I want this too...

Not bad, but it appears to have the incorrect engine! :p

Not bad, but it appears to have the incorrect engine! :p
    Is that before or after my ninja edit?
    I posted the wrong link first :o - to a C30 with a feckin transit engine :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is that before or after my ninja edit?
    I posted the wrong link first :o - to a C30 with a feckin transit engine :rolleyes:

After. It had a big-block 7.4, and now has some sort of Brunel-era beam-engine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yes.

Jaguar-xj6-low-620x287.jpg

My back sore just looking at how low this is. :eek:

Now where did I leave my slippers :D

After. It had a big-block 7.4, and now has some sort of Brunel-era beam-engine. :D

Yes, the loss of the 454 is lamentable but it looks to me to have the straight through side pipes which on a detroit diesel leads to very cool smoked burnouts!

Much want - many smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well isnt that a turn1p for the books :)

Usual style of post, says alot about the post's author IMO. At least the sentence build quality is correct, using "You're" when most would incorrectly use "your". The english vernacular is slowly but surely rusting away. Glad to see that you are upholding the standards. You've obviously 8ten your greens today (even if it is closed)

Same whiff of reliability of the same posters' thanks underneath.

What's with the attack on LM? It was clearly a joke. Kinda in the same vein as the 'So's your face' retort we made as kids.

Was it the most mature reply? Obviously not but it certainly doesn't merit you having a go at his intelligence or that of other posters.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    What's with the attack on LM? It was clearly a joke. Kinda in the same vein as the 'So's your face' retort we made as kids.

Was it the most mature reply? Obviously not but it certainly doesn't merit you having a go at his intelligence or that of other posters.

The attack is because I would get banned for the same thing if I said it to someone.
    It is not an appropriate comment for a moderator to make - when I (and others) have received bans for much less, including comments made like his comment, in jest.

It's the double standards here that annoy me. This is going way off topic though and if you wish to continue this vein of discussion feel free to send me a PM.

MOAR CARZ!!

Yes, the loss of the 454 is lamentable but it looks to me to have the straight through side pipes which on a detroit diesel leads to very cool smoked burnouts!

Much want - many smoke

This is precisely it - it's the difference between tyresmoke and oilsmoke! :pac:

Clearly a joke Mr. Power, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Anyone with half a mind would have seen it was clearly a joke and meant absolutely zero offence/sense. Way to take something completely out of proportion.

Clearly a joke Mr. Power, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Anyone with half a mind would have seen it was clearly a joke and meant absolutely zero offence/sense. Way to take something completely out of proportion.

So we're both using hints to other closed accounts eh? Haven't seen you around in a while :), not in your current location anyway. :)
    Apologies for not having half a mind :) must be due to eating too many greens lately. The canteen were serving cabbage soup in work today and I overindulged.

• Advertisement

So we're both using hints to other closed accounts eh? Haven't seen you around in a while :), not in your current location anyway. :)
    Apologies for not having half a mind :) must be due to eating too many greens lately. The canteen were serving cabbage soup in work today and I overindulged.

My current location? What are you on about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement