Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

syncron.ie

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I bought two Toshiba laptop batteries from Syncron. One worked ok for a few months, but quickly went downhill after that. I now need to plug it in constantly and a message comes up to say that I should consider changing my battery!

The other battery is crap as well. I got it for my mother in law and she found it to be as bad as her old one.

Sent an e-mail to them two weeks ago, but have not received any response.

Don't be tempted by the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Maybe move this out of bargain alerts and into consumer issues/ affairs?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

€69 I feel like a mug I should have used my credit card I could have cancelled the transaction. 1 bloody hour and the screen cracked.

I just want to give my input here, I work for a phone repair shop (In no way affiliated with Syncron), and in the terms and conditions it states that once the customer walks out the door satisfied, then any faults that occur with the device is not our problem. They may have used cheap parts or whatever, but their terms and conditions may state something like the above. I'm not sure if either would have a case against the other legally though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

I just want to give my input here, I work for a phone repair shop (In no way affiliated with Syncron), and in the terms and conditions it states that once the customer walks out the door satisfied, then any faults that occur with the device is not our problem. They may have used cheap parts or whatever, but their terms and conditions may state something like the above. I'm not sure if either would have a case against the other legally though!
    nope, they'll guarantee their work. This is very simple. Anyone that thinks they are getting OEM parts for the prices that syncron (and other repair centres ) offer is stupid. With screens, they will obviously not be up to the same level of quality as the originals. That said, for the bulk of the people with the smashed screen, once it works after the repair, they'll be happy enough.

Laptop batteries: same applies. How can anyone expect to get OEM batteries & chargers for 20-25% of original parts. It simply does not happen. For those with dead / no batteries, the cheap replacement will be dandy for a while (nowhere as good as OEM at any point ) and will gradually worsen to a point where you might taper off with little more than 30 mins untethered life. but hey, for 20 quid, its way better than where most found themselves before shelling out a relatively small amount of cash.

Theyre just the facts of buying cheap, particularly in relation to above parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

dodzy wrote:
    nope, they'll guarantee their work. This is very simple. Anyone that thinks they are getting OEM parts for the prices that syncron (and other repair centres ) offer is stupid. With screens, they will obviously not be up to the same level of quality as the originals. That said, for the bulk of the people with the smashed screen, once it works after the repair, they'll be happy enough.

dodzy wrote:
    Laptop batteries: same applies. How can anyone expect to get OEM batteries & chargers for 20-25% of original parts. It simply does not happen. For those with dead / no batteries, the cheap replacement will be dandy for a while (nowhere as good as OEM at any point ) and will gradually worsen to a point where you might taper off with little more than 30 mins untethered life. but hey, for 20 quid, its way better than where most found themselves before shelling out a relatively small amount of cash.

dodzy wrote:
    Theyre just the facts of buying cheap, particularly in relation to above parts.

I completely agree with what you said. I think the problem really is though that even if a repair centre wanted OEM parts, where do you get them? I'm pretty sure in order to get them the shop must be a registered apple repair centre. Which costs quite a bit and is extremely difficult to get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement