Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

syncron.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

These guys are bandits... avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Gulliver

yea i bought a few of them of them types not impressed with the quailty of it.tho i suppose you pay for what you get etc.
    Damn, just ordered one! What kind of performance did you get? Wife's phone needs to be charged twice a day now.

Gulliver wrote: »
    Damn, just ordered one! What kind of performance did you get? Wife's phone needs to be charged twice a day now.

I ordered a few from them, well worth the money, obviously not Apple quality but they're only a fraction of Apple prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I charged mine all night brand new battery off them. Tool of at 9am Flat by 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

54kroc wrote: »
    I ordered a few from them, well worth the money, obviously not Apple quality but they're only a fraction of Apple prices.

My phone would turn off on its own using there batteries and one min saying loads of batt then no batt.ended up dumping it and paying 35 euro for proper one.

Just a quick edit I bought iphone 4 batteries can't comment on other phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

5 pages of praise for them and (afaik) only the 2nd person saying to avoid them. would you care to elaborate on why you think they're bandits exactly?

honestly not having a dig, but i think it's fair that everyone gets to hear both sides of the story and decide for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

I have bought laptop screens and batteries from these guys, never had any problems, very fast delivery, and would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭try

My phone would turn off on its own using there batteries and one min saying loads of batt then no batt.ended up dumping it and paying 35 euro for proper one.

Just a quick edit I bought iphone 4 batteries can't comment on other phones.

Where to buy "proper", which I presume you mean Genuine Apple?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would also avoid these. Bought a replacement battery for my macbook pro trying to save a few quid on the apple cost. Battery would only charge to 48% and never go above no matter how long it was plugged in. Emailed and they said they would replace it no problem. Got a replacement and the one I got has one of the 3 plastic screw holes broken that are on the outside of the battery and the battery lasts all of about 45 minutes when not plugged in charging. Emailed Sunday night about getting a full refund at this stage and still waiting on a reply. Should have just went with Apple and avoided the hassle and the additional costs im paying each time on delivery sending it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

you really cannot beat the original goods

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Where do you buy a genuine apple battery though?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Maynoothspur

Paid to have a screen replaced on an iPhone 5, within ONE HOUR of replacement there was a crack across the top of the screen. Obviously a faulty part or installed incorrectly. I took the phone straight back to the shop and was basically called a liar that I must have dropped the phone. After a 20 minute argument I left unsatisfied. I will be following this up with the National consumer agency.

Poor quality parts I'd advise to go somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Paid to have a screen replaced on an iPhone 5, within ONE HOUR of replacement there was a crack across the top of the screen. Obviously a faulty part or installed incorrectly. I took the phone straight back to the shop and was basically called a liar that I must have dropped the phone. After a 20 minute argument I left unsatisfied. I will be following this up with the National consumer agency.

Poor quality parts I'd advise to go somewhere else.

How much they charge ?

How much they charge ?

€69 I feel like a mug I should have used my credit card I could have cancelled the transaction. 1 bloody hour and the screen cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mike27

I used to do repairs for a company the resells used smartphones,used Syncron for some parts the odd time but after returning several screens it became obvious they were using refurbished crap from China.On one occaision they tried to convince me I had installed a screen wrong untill I sent them a picture of it with LCD not even aligned with the actual touchscreen,like a kid just glued them together.Also had a few just come apart the moment they were removed from packing.
    These guys know exactly what they are doing,they seem great till you hit a problem.nightmare to deal with,I doubt their operation is technically legal but they seem to get away with it often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mike27

I used to do repairs for a company the resells used smartphones,used Syncron for some parts the odd time but after returning several screens it became obvious they were using refurbished crap from China.On one occaision they tried to convince me I had installed a screen wrong untill I sent them a picture of it with LCD not even aligned with the actual touchscreen,like a kid just glued them together.Also had a few just come apart the moment they were removed from packing.
    These guys know exactly what they are doing,they seem great till you hit a problem.nightmare to deal with,I doubt their operation is technically legal but they seem to get away with it often enough.

Mike27 wrote: »

Yeah he wouldn't listen to me at all was totally adamant it was my doing I'm absolutely raging, even went as far as insinuating that I might be clumsy "like his kids". Did you ever post a review on them? I'm going to do it everywhere I can. If u have a sec and a google acc you should copy and paste ur post on there, it might save some other poor fool from using them. Just google syncron and u can leave ur review on the right. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I can't comment on their repairs but I have bought hundreds of parts from them over the years for phones and laptops, 99% of the time they are spot on, I have had the odd dodgy part but no more than from any other supplier. Yes most of their iPhone parts are not original apple parts but I don't think they claim to be, they just claim to be good/best quality available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Overmax Solutions

I used to use company's similar to this before (on behalf of the budget type of customers who insisted they wanted the cheap cheap cheapest repair solution, just to resell the phone on)

In my honest opinion = keep far away from fakes / cheap replicas and ONLY BUY ORIGINAL!

If you cant find original then go to original manufacturer service center.

If they are too expensive, Try find yourself a local phone repair shop in your area, and seek an original used LCD.

At least that way you are still getting an original LCD product, and believe me this makes a HUGH difference. No Dodgy lines running through the screen, No dead pixal, Black images are propper black and not dark navy / dark grey, ect

Chinese and Replica screens will eventually break your heart, you can be 100% sure about it

Again, This is my own experience and opinion

I fit original iphone used LCDs & Samsung full original Lcds on a regular basis.

If the phone is worth a couple of hundred euro then it makes every sense to give it original new / used parts every time, And leave the crap Chinese fakes to the crap Chinese fake phones!

Again, This is my own experience and opinion
    Regards to you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

I got a replacement screen from them a couple of years ago for a iphone 4S. After three months it developed a line down the screen. I didn't bother ringing them up to see if I could get it replaced as the replacement screen cost damn all.

I never bothered doing anything about the screen and it's still working fine to this day with the line going down it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

I recently bought a laptop charger for a Dell laptop off them...

It seems to be working fine so far, but although it says "Dell" on it I would presume it is not real, judging by the price and weight/feel of it.

Just wondering now if it could do damage to my laptop??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cormac12

DO NOT leave your device into this shower of wasters!! Total cowboys!! I have been back to them 10 times with my phone, got it back again on friday and it's still not right. It only went in for a screen replacement around February and came out a mess. They have cost me a fortune on petrol and time and I have had to buy a new phone. THEY HAVEN'T A CLUE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can get them for half that if you had shopped around. Still good for an Irish store/website though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Cormac12 wrote: »
    DO NOT leave your device into this shower of wasters!! Total cowboys!! I have been back to them 10 times with my phone, got it back again on friday and it's still not right. It only went in for a screen replacement around February and came out a mess. They have cost me a fortune on petrol and time and I have had to buy a new phone. THEY HAVEN'T A CLUE!!!!!
    Over 4 years in the making. Well done Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Conor1974

I totally agree they are cowboys.Received a iPhone 5 screen damaged,brought it back to them and they proceeded to say it was my fault I must have broke it.Had a massive argument for 5 minutes with Someone called George.<Snip>.Dont give these clowns any of your hard earned Money for cheap knock off parts they claim are tested and verified by there technicians .Left the office just short of hitting him.Where else would you get treated like that.€44 down the drain <Snip>.But it's not over yet

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Avoid. 2 weeks to answer an email to sales@syncron.ie and at that no solution

I used them again not so long ago.
    As usual I found they provide a quality product, I also love their deliveries, order before five and it's on your doorstep the next morning.
    I highly recommend them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would imagine it depends what you get from them. I don not recommend getting anything electronic or items such as batteries. I have had awful issues with them getting a battery replaced on a macbook. Would be on my 3rd battery if I didnt just give u using them. First one I got wouldnt hold a charge, second one charged to a supposed 100% but would die in less than an hour.

I am sure they are fine for the likes of replacement screens etc as you cant really go wrong with those, would recommend replacing it yourself though rather than using them to do it.

Overall though I would just avoid them if there are the numerous complaints posted here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Axwell wrote: »
    I would imagine it depends what you get from them. I don not recommend getting anything electronic or items such as batteries. I have had awful issues with them getting a battery replaced on a macbook. Would be on my 3rd battery if I didnt just give u using them. First one I got wouldnt hold a charge, second one charged to a supposed 100% but would die in less than an hour. .

Hi Axwell, I got a battery from them last week for a Toshiba laptop... Put the battery in my laptop and switched on, and was delighted to see 4 hrs when I moused over the battery icon on the system tray... Working away happily, then the laptop suddenly powers off. When I took my hand down from my furrowed brow, I said "maybe it was just a once off, just teething problems"... (without any logical justification for suggesting this to myself)....

Same again every time... Hits about 70% and powers off then... power it on then it powers off at least once again before the battery fully discharges... I was gonna ring them about it, but having read your post I think I'll just write it off to experience..

Advertisement