Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn he is so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Not a massive fan of PL, melee carries I'm not the biggest fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Yay PL :D. Too bad I suck at playing carries...

He is notoriously hard to get going, and I think he is more annoying then he is a hard carry, Good pusher, but I forget if you can proc Illusions off the towers. I am more excited about the /lol and /thanks they have added ! :P Or you can just write Haha or Lol in chat, and depending on whether its team or all chat they laugh differently

• Advertisement

Does Earthshaker's ulti stack vs those illusions!?!?!?!

Does Earthshaker's ulti stack vs those illusions!?!?!?!

They should Echo yes

and Edit: An I never realized just how overpowered Aghanaims is on ES, causes initial targets to Echo twice instead of once, that's 340 initial damage in a 500 AOE which goes through magic immunity, and 70 x 2 Echo from each additional target in range, I am gonna be practicing ES alot this week :>

GO_Bear wrote: »
    They should Echo yes, regular illusions do don't they ?

Regular ya but for something so passive hmmmmmm, PL, Brood + prophet VS ES

===

742037.jpg

I know I am spamming games now, but this is the Fnatic HoN teamm who have moved to DoTA2, against Next.Kz ( those guys who run Ursa ! ) and its a good game

Oh, and I also won the PlayDoTA beta key draw last week, so I have a spare beta key, it will only be going to someone who will stick with it though as one person I gave a key to already has only played 5 games :pac:

• Advertisement

He is notoriously hard to get going, and I think he is more annoying then he is a hard carry, Good pusher, but I forget if you can proc Illusions off the towers. I am more excited about the /lol and /thanks they have added ! :P Or you can just write Haha or Lol in chat, and depending on whether its team or all chat they laugh differently
    I think I played with you and Tar recently, I whore Tiny most of the time. I should probably try playing heroes... like Venge, lol XD.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    I think I played with you and Tar recently, I whore Tiny most of the time. I should probably try playing heroes... like Venge, lol XD.

Aye we did, I had my fun on Brewmaster ! Play fun heroes that its easy to farm with and have escape / psuedo escape mechanisms like Sand King, Wind runner.

My new project is to try and learn Mirana, this will be interesting to say the least.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    My new project is to try and learn Mirana, this will be interesting to say the least.

She's great, useful on most line ups, only draw back is damage is absolute pants without good farm !

So nobody needs a beta key then ? I might just stick it on a blank steam account.

I have been having the best of success with Bounty Hunter on the long lane, solo against 2 ! Dat money from track gives you epic GPM's with **** creep scores :p

One
    Two
    Three!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Your Creep score ain't hurting that either! BH is hilarious fun. Managed to win a game where Saladar (and a pudge) was picked against me on BH and another random on PL.

What do you build on him? I'm still pretty inexperienced at the game so i was using the playdota guide which recomends Stygian Desolator and soul ring on him. Build goes ult>shurkiken>invis>crit. Are you getting the creep kills by going early crit?

dibkins wrote: »
    Your Creep score ain't hurting that either! BH is hilarious fun. Managed to win a game where Saladar (and a pudge) was picked against me on BH and another random on PL.

What do you build on him? I'm still pretty inexperienced at the game so i was using the playdota guide which recomends Stygian Desolator and soul ring on him. Build goes ult>shurkiken>invis>crit. Are you getting the creep kills by going early crit?

For those 3 games I was solo the long lane against 2, BUT i still think I would build like this in the safe lane or even solo mid.

Skill build I take Invis -> Crit -> Invis -> Shuriken -> Shuriken -> Track
    I then max invis, then crits and shuriken last taking Ulty when I can, the reason for this being, sure the crits are nice and all, but Invis gives you bonus damage when you attack out of stealth, like Shadow blade does, and at lower levels when you don't have much damage, the 120 bonus damage out of stealth will be more damage then a 2x crit ( when your damage is only like 80-120 etc, so to harass in lane just stealth, wait for the cd timer to run down, then pop out with a crit and hit the opponent, stealth and do it again, thats a ton of damage. Also level 2 shuriken is enough as the damage increases like this 100/200/250/325 so from 2 - > 3 you only get a bonus 50 damage for increased mana cost, SPAM track, it is the single best thing about him, a bonus 250 gold for yourself ontop of the 225 for kill + 150 for any allies assisting ! Boom

Item wise in those games I went straight for perseverance + Poor mans shield, so I could not be harassed off lane and spam stealth, then Power threads, drums and finish Battlefury, by this stage I will be ganking and rolling in bonus gold ( albeit these games went well ) so go straight for monkey king bar, at this point I reckon I have enough damage and build bkb / vlads / Heart or all of the above :> throw in an Orchid if you against AM or Storm spirit to hold them there.

When you are attacking some one ( Try and track him before as it lowers armor, but if you can't, do Stealth -> hit him out of stealth for crit + bonus damage -> Track -> hit hit hit hit Shuriken ! Always hit first, for the bonus invis damage, Track only reduces their armor by 5 at max level so never track out of invis.

In two of those games the enemies were bad, they DID get dust but sentries would have be better for keeping me out of xp range, and also they did not stack when they pulled, so I got tons of xp and last hits under my tower, resulting in like a 6 minute perseverance, and 20 minute PT's Drums and battlefury, you won't get that against good opponents, but I still think Bounty hunter is great in the suicide lane as you CAN easily make it back with a good team + track.

EDIT, BH is very flexible as well, Most items are good on him depending on how you play, I get battlefury cause its a nice damage + regen item and I can also farm ( was the only carry )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

So nobody needs a beta key then ? I might just stick it on a blank steam account.

I have been having the best of success with Bounty Hunter on the long lane, solo against 2 ! Dat money from track gives you epic GPM's with **** creep scores :p

One
    Two
    Three!

Well I have a friend who would want it, I just didn't suggest him as he plays LoL a lot so I wasn't sure if he would stick with it.

Nice gpm there! I suggest medallion on him, it's great.

Lol, I was scrolling through the Join Dota page and it was hard to miss the Irish flag lads :pBest of luck to ye !

Lol where did you scroll through to see our secret dota team? gotta get ya signed up :D

• Advertisement

This List on the website, Lol I might sign up, I see a few pro teams on the list as well like MouZsports haha !

Ah right thanks, I got absolutely lost on that site :p

Time to get hammered.

Ah right thanks, I got absolutely lost on that site :p

Time to get hammered.

Who are you up against first ? When do you start ? I want to watch this so will have to get home from work and spectate it

It doesn't show yet, I think it starts at 5, I am not home for the first match, probably will be for the second. Specs are allowed if you join the lobby and both teams don't mind, so that should be fine.

329 teams checked in so far.

It doesn't show yet, I think it starts at 5, I am not home for the first match, probably will be for the second. Specs are allowed if you join the lobby and both teams don't mind, so that should be fine.

Can you not just spectate through the friends list ? Is that possible for Public games ?

I didn't think it was possible for games like this?

The rules say that people can spectate via joining in an unspecified player slot, or as a broadcaster so i guess you cant. :(

Oh you can watch it, I see we are up 19-7 in first match.

The lads are doing well ! Nice draft, and your mate on riki is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

After losing my first couple of matches I've went on a winning streak of 5 games so far today :).best dota game so far

• Advertisement

Bought a new computer, finally gave in after 7 years with this one haha

Advertisement