Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Bans two footballers for squeezing team mates arses.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Spunge wrote: »
    But yet :
    " As of 2008, Iran carries out more sex change operations than any other nation in the world except for Thailand. The government provides up to half the cost for those needing financial assistance, and a sex change is recognised on the birth certificate."

So basically if you want to touch another dude, make sure you get a sex change first ?

It ain't gay if you get your langer chopped off!

/ontopic
    I really hope these guys never get into Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thread about poor educational standards some time back?

I understand your not knowing where Iran is, though. It's such a small place, only 20 times the size of the island of Ireland and with around 77 million people. It's between Iraq and Pakistan, with Afghanistan on its northern border. Likewise places that rarely feature in the news.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    ah yes is not that persia,has it still got a shah ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I've always hated football myself and could never watch it but don't mind playing it.

This just goes to show how gay the sport has become over the years. Its now being dominated by metrosexual haircuts, arse grabbing & diving.

If I wanted drama I'd watch Coronation Street or Eastenders.

And is Fergie still alive and still managing ! - > Jaysus, he must be 4 thousand years old at this stage.

Ghey !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

getz wrote: »
    ah yes is not that persia,has it still got a shah ?

No, the last Shah - a psychopathic and megalomaniac despot who overthrew his own father at the behest of those two great champions of democracy Stalin and Churchill and was later reinstated by the CIA after his people elected a reformist government and deposed him - finally fled his country in 1979 when it finally became clear to him that his savage secret police and other organs of repression had proved incapable of holding back the tsunami of anger that his brutality and corruption had caused.:rolleyes:

He died in Egypt (his American masters had refused to take him in) soon after.;)

A goon like him could not have been removed by the boy scouts. And the present regime are not that, either. But at least they have no foreign masters.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Its a country I would love to visit and I think its a country the western media tends to exaggerate its odditities out of all proportion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@LH- it is a great country with the most hospitable people on earth by a long way. It is an Islamic country in the Middle East and so certainly the culture is different but we don't hear so much about the oddities of all the other Islamic countries in the Middle East for some strange reason. It actually seemed to me the most liberal of the lot of them, certainly in terms of interactions between the sexes.

Make no mistake about the government though, it is genuinely hated by a lot of Iranians, certainly the majority that I met while there. Unlike Syria, where people were wary of anything political, people were not slow to talk politics in Iran. Not absolutely everything the regime has done is bad but it is certainly repressive and there is a genuine thirst for freedom.

blorg wrote: »
    @LH- it is a great country with the most hospitable people on earth by a long way. It is an Islamic country in the Middle East and so certainly the culture is different but we don't hear so much about the oddities of all the other Islamic countries in the Middle East for some strange reason. It actually seemed to me the most liberal of the lot of them, certainly in terms of interactions between the sexes.

Make no mistake about the government though, it is genuinely hated by a lot of Iranians, certainly the majority that I met while there. Unlike Syria, where people were wary of anything political, people were not slow to talk politics in Iran. Not absolutely everything the regime has done is bad but it is certainly repressive and there is a genuine thirst for freedom.

@BLORG I was actually in Armenia to the North of Iran and met a lot of Iranians (most of whom were Iranians of Armenian Heritage and Christian). One of the things I remember though was on the road to Iran in Armenia was people selling coke bottles but the coke taken out and Alcohol put in. Aimed at Iranian truck drivers before they cross the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Its a country I would love to visit and I think its a country the western media tends to exaggerate its odditities out of all proportion.
    ???????????????? Oddities?????!!!!! The surpression of women and fringe groupings?:eek: Oddities?

Freddie59 wrote: »
    ???????????????? Oddities?????!!!!! The surpression of women and fringe groupings?:eek: Oddities?

We live in a country that has just recently introduced divorce. Where sexual abuse by the clergy was hidden for years and the magdelane launderies existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

LOL:D:D:D:D

Is this Monty Python

But seriously its about time someone took a stand on the rampant homosexuality that happens after a goal, it confusing for our children who will see hugging a man as OK.

Jaysus could you imagine what the mullahs would make of rugby, they would think the game was a homoerotic orgy.

• Advertisement

4leto wrote: »
    LOL:D:D:D:D

Jaysus could you imagine what the mullahs would make of rugby, they would think the game was a homoerotic orgy.

Isnt it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Isnt it :confused:

Only in Iran........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Iran should be wiped off the face of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

They are different to other Islamic countries in the region because the strict Islamic rules are not as engrained in their culture. Take a look at these pics of the country before the Islamic revolution in the 70's: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Source

Hard to believe it's the same country.

Also they are not ethnically Arab like the majorities in most countries in the middle east and Arabic is not their native language, which may be one of the reasons why Islamic teachings have not so permeated their culture like in many of the neighbouring Arabic countries.

Advertisement