Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »

Cracking choon yo :cool: ,have this on vinyl (cost me feck all too :D)

mordeith wrote: »
    Must admit to owning a few Thunderdome tapes back in the day. Always used to play this one while drinking cans of Amstel in the student house on Thursday nights in perparation for a session of drinking :D
    kick fill at 0.54 with the volume up and bass eq maxed on the stereo will shake your bowels!

Dont have any thunderdome, but i do own this on CD,

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Terrordrome-The-Hardcore-Nightmare/master/157012

Serious mind bending hardcore gabber on there.
    Can tollerate any music up to about 180bpm, 200bpm maybe pushing it a bit. But when it starts getting ridiculously fast 240bpm etc, i lose interest. Another thing i find with Gabber, is the lack of variation in beats, which kinda bores me after about on hour or so. Same with most 4 on the floor music, prefer a bit or a change, a breakbeat here and there, while listening to a set, to keep it sounding fresh and interesting.

Sorry,I cant be as diplomatic as me esteemed colleagues above........Utter shyte!! headache inducing racket,I don't know how anyone can enjoy that gabba shyte it's fookin woeful!! ....got fook all to do with depleted dopamine levels I'd have said the same thing 20 yr ago....I'd sooner be exposed to an army of caterers fully laden with silverware falling down an eternal flight of concrete steps, after having my ears syringed for optimum clarity!

p.s. when the fook are they going to update this site to allow the inclusion of soundcloud files? :confused: come on boards.ie ya lagging behind,YT is so 2010!! :p

as you were ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Sorry,I cant be as diplomatic as me esteemed colleagues above........Utter shyte!! headache inducing racket,I don't know how anyone can enjoy that gabba shyte it's fookin woeful!! ....got fook all to do with depleted dopamine levels I'd have said the same thing 20 yr ago....I'd sooner be exposed to an army of caterers fully laden with silverware falling down an eternal flight of concrete steps, after having my ears syringed for optimum clarity!

p.s. when the fook are they going to update this site to allow the inclusion of soundcloud files? :confused: come on boards.ie ya lagging behind,YT is so 2010!! :p

as you were ..........

This must be a serious rant, you would typically finish with taking out the pipe & reaching for another werthers, this really does not sit right with you earl:(

This must be a serious rant, you would typically finish with taking out the pipe & reaching for another werthers, this really does not sit right with you earl:(

:D It's the aul age buddy.....becoming less tolerant as the years clock up!

.......and I hadn't yet had my morning coffee :o

*sparks pipe n unravels the pristine gold wrapper of a carefully chosen wurthers from his cardigan pocket....mumbling incoherently about telling people what real music is*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Soulless tripe that Gabber, Not my bag at all - along with break beat and hard house. never really done it for me!, well.. a bit of early break beat was ok during the Mansion house days when we where nippers.. but wouldn't listen to much of it now.

• Advertisement

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Soulless tripe that Gabber, Not my bag at all - along with break beat and hard house. never really done it for me!, well.. a bit of early break beat was ok during the Mansion house days when we where nippers.. but wouldn't listen to much of it now.

I was with ya up to 'not my bag at all' ........then it all went horribly wrong?!?!? :eek:

........ but sure I can forgive ya :D you said gabba was soulless tripe :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Red card for you Paddy!!! I'd sooner listen to breakbeat, than most of the trance. that gets repeatedly played and replayed at oldskool gigs in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody able to I.d the first track played please? Nice one

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I was with ya up to 'not my bag at all' ........then it all went horribly wrong?!?!? :eek:

........ but sure I can forgive ya :D you said gabba was soulless tripe :cool:
    Red card for you Paddy!!! I'd sooner listen to breakbeat, than most of the trance. that gets repeatedly played and replayed at oldskool gigs in the city.

Music like most things in life is a learning curve. Individual taste formulated over time and from life experiences, which only adds to the magic of music. It's such an individual thing or by getting Old music taste changes with age?
    Not really listening to old stuff as often as i used to. Listening to a lot of Van Morrison these days:pac:

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Anybody able to I.d the first track played please? Nice one

This should be able to help.

http://www.mixesdb.com/w/1995_-_The_Future_Sound_Of_London_-_Kiss_100_FM_%2812h%29

Music like most things in life is a learning curve. Individual taste formulated over time and from life experiences, which only adds to the magic of music. It's such an individual thing or by getting Old music taste changes with age?
    Not really listening to old stuff as often as i used to. Listening to a lot of Van Morrison these days:pac:

Yeah i listen to more new stuff myself these days, but i do like to listen to a bit of older stuff, from time to time. Actually been listening to a lot of Dub lately as well :) (Real Dub btw, for those of you who don't know what i'm on about) not Dubstep ;)

As i was saying, Not listening to a lot of old-skool untill i came accross this earler . awesome tune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

As i was saying, Not listening to a lot of old-skool untill i came accross this earler . awesome tune

Jasus was gonna say i don't know this 1 until i listened to it.Deadly track.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭skoot

• Advertisement

Just listening to this track again

beautiful,piano is pure bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Ant C

aceberg wrote: »
    Just listening to this track again

beautiful,piano is pure bliss

Yeah, one of my faves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭francois

Totally forgot about this until it the original was played on Mad men this week
    cracking choon

Ant C wrote: »

And another beautiful track imo

And this is a jasus Animal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭francois

Ant C wrote: »

yup me too-Limbo is was a cracking label, sublime, Havanna harri etc all produced top records

Wobble

Pink New Yorker...lol

• Advertisement

Well what can ya say bout this 1

Beast is not the word

King ****ing Kong....lol

Advertisement