Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You have got to hand it to Dublin Airport Authority

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Elessar wrote: »
    Remember folks if you pay to use fast track you only get to skip the queues at the boarding card screening. Once you get in the doors you still have to queue like everyone else to go through security! There are no dedicated fast track machines or lanes. At least not in T2. You'll still be queuing no matter what you do.

Well that's no use. I've never had more than a 5-10 minute wait at security in T2. I wonder if they'll deliberately make the queues longer to encourage people to pay for fast track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

They should install an retina scanner like they have at passport control in Schiphol,now that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

srsly78 wrote: »
    I fly to London for work about 10 times a year, and company pays. It's only e200 return (depends when you book etc) from Dublin to London City Airport (cityjet). LCA is the best airport, it's so small there is minimal queueing and hassle.

Another terrible thing about Gatwick is having to pay for the ripoff Gatwick express into London.

Except you don't have to. There are other, cheaper trains that take about 5 minutes longer and if you have time, the coach costs next to nothing. I wonder now why on earth I ever took the Gatwick Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 coddser

soterpisc wrote: »

But will people really pay 150 to by-pass the security lines, never mind 500 euros? Is there really a market for this? I suppose if you are a weekly business flier then 150 maybe is not that much to get to the gate quicker.

Another service has justed launched allowing use of fast track for just 7.50 euro to use it once for a trip... www.airportGenie.com Haven't used it yet... heard ad for it on the radio...they also have other services on there like lounge....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Except you don't have to. There are other, cheaper trains that take about 5 minutes longer and if you have time, the coach costs next to nothing. I wonder now why on earth I ever took the Gatwick Express.

True, but it still doesn't change the fact that Gatwick isn't in London!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

business lounge in Terminal 2 has free whisky, beer and wine. all you can eat buffet, sambos, cakes, crisps bars. it's worth the 30euros if you can eat and drink your own weight to justify the cost. alchos choice is to buy a cheap ticket to london with a lounge pass and load up on the free gargle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭soterpisc

Spacedog wrote: »
    business lounge in Terminal 2 has free whisky, beer and wine. all you can eat buffet, sambos, cakes, crisps bars. it's worth the 30euros if you can eat and drink your own weight to justify the cost. alchos choice is to buy a cheap ticket to london with a lounge pass and load up on the free gargle!

I have tried the free drink an finger food. If you are going on a long haul flight the last think you need it lots of alcohol, for me at least it gives me indigestion and an headache. Anyway usually when I use the lounges its for business and in business class they give you whatever you like to drink anyway.. Good to see the T2 lounge is nice because the T1 lounge was crap and I had free access there but would rather pay for a nice Butlers Coffee instead of the machine stuff they used to had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Forget the fast tracks and business lounges.
    Just buy €300 worth of Xanax and take a couple whenever you go to the airport.
    Make sure you've someone with you who's not on Xanax.
    Now, purchase 2 glasses of wine and drink them.
    The airport will become a magical wonderland of candy floss shiny-lighted fairy tale beauty.
    The hours will (excuse the pun) fly-by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would imagine people won't be paying for it themselves though, their work will if they travel a lot for business. It's common in the private sector to get perks like that if you travel.

Advertisement