Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you have a long-term relationship with someone without sex?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Say for instance, a girl or a guy had a very low sex drive or even a disability which prevented them from being able to. Could you still stay with them and stay faithful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

What kind of disability would prevent someone having sex?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hell no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Yeah, just get married...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

aujopimur wrote: »
    Maybe they were born flat in front like Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

being paralysed from the waist down usually works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well if there's no sex it's just a friendship really isn't it? And I can't think of any friend that, as a condition of their friendship, would insist that you remain celebate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Nope!

Was in a relationship with someone for a few months who had a problem in "that department" and couldn't have sex. He wouldn't even do other sexual stuff. It was at that point that I realised how important it was to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

That's a difficult question to answer,there is more to a relationship than sex, it's important but if you love someone you will find a way to be happy.
    I'm talking about a married couple not a new relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Are they rich?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

If something happened after years of marriage or whatever? Yeah, probably.

But a new relationship? Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

No!

You dump Ciara then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Say for instance, a girl or a guy had a very low sex drive or even a disability which prevented them from being able to. Could you still stay with them and stay faithful.

Is there something you're trying to tell us ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

better if the girl is disabled. a guy needs wood to penetrate

but a girl just needs to accept one and you can use cushions for positioning, so much harder if the man cant have penetrative sex.

Im more sensual now, so it wouldn't bother me as much as years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Define "low"

No, as a man I generally need to kick ass or ride women; doing one generally helps outdo the other urge. And im not the type who kicks ass much.

So i would be quite honest and say no. Its not THE most important thing, but it is a vital aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

mattjack wrote: »
    Is there something you're trying to tell us ?

Its totally hypothetical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Sex isnt the most important part of a relationship but its a frakking big part.

If the needs of one arent being met by their partner I can only imagine the temptation to look else where starts to kick in!! (Bearing this in mind I have every intention of rocking girlfriends world tonight):D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

only if shes buyin me top notch brassers every day , and still couldnt last longer than a month at that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If a guy had a very low sex drive, or a sex drive lower than mine, then no. I'd consider that sexually incompatible.

If I was with someone who after a period of time became incapable of having sex, I doubt I'd leave for that reason but I imagine it would place a huge strain on the relationship and tbh, I'm not really sure I would be open to the idea of beginning a relationship where sex was immediately off the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

If there was a large cash prize after a defined period of time then yes. If it didnt make a blind bit of difference either way then no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I wish I had the chance to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Samich wrote: »
    I wish I had the chance to answer.
    The online dating not working out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The online dating not working out?

nope.

thanks for enquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Only if she paid for the prostitutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

See, in your example thats less likely to happen (a person being disabled or such a low sex drive that they dont wanna have sex)

You're more likely to encounter a person who doesnt want sex because something else is at play .... They are just using you ... The relationship is practually dead etc etc. So all in all. I say i cant be in a relationship without sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I think I could quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It wouldn't really matter to me as sex isn't all that important to me. I wouldn't be bothered being in a long term relationship and no sex if anything it be more likely to happen the other way around.

Though I need to be compatible with them I suppose in the long run it might be a deciding factor but for a new relationship it wouldn't matter, sex wouldn't be everything.

I wouldn't put pressure on sex in a new relationship when starting out as other factors can impact on how long a relationship would last. I'd have to fully trust someone before that sort of thing happens regardless if its early on in the relationship or a long term one.

Compatibility in all aspects as well as that department then well it might impact on the relationship but more likely impact my partner more than me depends.

Sometimes no sex could be a deciding factor in ending a relationship whether is someone who wants it but not getting it ends it or those that strictly no sex ends the relationship due to pressure to have sex.

Every ones sex drive and compatibility as well as experience varies.

Sex in reality shouldn't put a price tag on a relationship if its the only deciding factor of it ended there should be more coherent reasons as well. If its just sex its something you could get passed the issue eventually if you are the right person or the one then they will eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I am kind of in one, a non sexual one, my best friend since I was 2 or 3, we have lived together and we talk to each other most days. His wife thinks we should have got married which to be honest is a horrible thought.

We are just close and always have been and hopilly always will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Sex isnt the most important part of a relationship but its a frakking big part.

what could possibly be more important than the ride?

Advertisement