Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4s on eMobile?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i received my 4s from emobile today, ordered online last thursday, wasn't asked for any pin from delivery guy, so far the porting process has been a pain in the arse, like others here, the 085 sim that came with the 4s wasn't activated and that took till 5pm to get activated, so I guess the porting process hasn't even started yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I ordered last Wednesday and still havent got my phone.
    Supposed to have it today but I don't hold out much hope.
    Had Steve checking it for me yesterday on here, got a reply at 12 yesterday to say he was checking it out and would get back to me with a tracking number.
    Didnt get a reply after that???
    I have to say I havent been impressed with eMobile so far, different story every time I ring to find out whats going on with my order.
    Hopefully I will get it today and things will go well..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My dad must of been one of the lucky ones!
    Got his on a Thursday evening, requested the port from Vodafone and by 9am the next morning it was all sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

kceire wrote: »
    My dad must of been one of the lucky ones!
    Got his on a Thursday evening, requested the port from Vodafone and by 9am the next morning it was all sorted!

I must have been even luckier. After receiving the phone Wednesday evening I rang eMobile to port over my number. EMobile sim had to be activated and was done while I was on the phone in 10 mins. 25 mins after hanging up on call, my number was ported and I started receiving calls on the 4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Herd from a friend that emobile has ran out of Iphone 4s now. Even for those of us that have already purchased. Has anybody else herd this? I would ring them now myself but im at work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Customer service won't deal with sales calls and sales won't answer emails. The only thing this shower seem capable of is charging up front, for a product they can't or won't supply. Avoid. Ordered last Thursday, charged to Credit card Friday and no communication since.

Posted this elsewhere but may as well post here aswell
    Was ringing today to find out why was happening with my order , I was told it was shipping Wednesday , was only ringing for tracking number and was told it was out of stock?
    I couldn't believe it, they charged me straight away when I ordered not when shipped as stated on the site.
    Worst crowd I have ever dealt with, honestly.
    Steve on here failed to reply to me 2 days in a row wih an update
    Staff I spoke to on the phone even worse , really sorry I decided to go with them but all the other networks are out of stock now and they have my money so may as well wait now till stock arrives.
    Very very disappointed.

What's really getting to me is that they are continually advertising on radio for a product they can't supply.

The eMobile store in Waterford had 3 black 16gb ones (bill pay) left in store as of 7.30 tonight. I had to get a replacement micro sim from them as the one which eMobile sent ne out seemed to be faulty, it kept dropping the signal when I was replying to text messages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

zenit wrote: »
    Customer service won't deal with sales calls and sales won't answer emails. The only thing this shower seem capable of is charging up front, for a product they can't or won't supply. Avoid. Ordered last Thursday, charged to Credit card Friday and no communication since.
    sham69 wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere but may as well post here aswell
    Was ringing today to find out why was happening with my order , I was told it was shipping Wednesday , was only ringing for tracking number and was told it was out of stock?
    I couldn't believe it, they charged me straight away when I ordered not when shipped as stated on the site.
    Worst crowd I have ever dealt with, honestly.
    Steve on here failed to reply to me 2 days in a row wih an update
    Staff I spoke to on the phone even worse , really sorry I decided to go with them but all the other networks are out of stock now and they have my money so may as well wait now till stock arrives.
    Very very disappointed.

took a week for my dads iPhone to arrive with no communication in the middle. there was a BH in the middle there so maybe just hang on, or there is one option. on monday, go into a store and they can get in touch with the sales team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Staff I spoke to on the phone even worse , really sorry I decided to go with them but
    all the other networks are out of stock now and they have my money so may as well
    wait now till stock arrives.
    Very very disappointed.
    Customer service won't deal with sales calls and sales won't
    answer emails. The only thing this shower seem capable of is charging up front, for a
    product they can't or won't supply. Avoid.
    Ordered last Thursday, charged to Credit
    card Friday and no communication since.

Lads you can moan and winge as much as you want but fact of the matter is:
    • they said it would ship within five business days (Subject to Availability)
    • they said it was on a first come first served basis

If you want to blame someone blame yourselves for ordering so late. I ordered mine
    on Wednesday morning i had it 5 business days later. My mate ordered Thursday and
    he got his less than 24 hours after me. So they are being fair and distributing them
    as they came in.

On another note i will agree how abysmal their customer support is and hope that i
    don't have to deal with them again during the remainder of my contract.

Also cant condone being charged on the spot when they say you wont be charged until
    the item ships, however they're really doing us a favour not letting us spend the cash
    thats not really ours anyway, arn't they? Apple do the very same thing (placing a hold
    on funds until the order has shipped)

If you want to blame someone blame yourselves for ordering so late. I ordered mine
    on Wednesday morning i had it 5 business days later. My mate ordered Thursday and
    he got his less than 24 hours after me. So they are being fair and distributing them
    as they came in.

On another note i will agree how abysmal their customer support is and hope that i

Also cant condone being charged on the spot when they say you wont be charged until
    the item ships, however they're really doing us a favour not letting us spend the cash
    thats not really ours anyway, arn't they? Apple do the very same thing (placing a hold

I also ordered on Thursday same as your friend and one day after you. They took my order and my money and phone was still available for sale on Friday. I don't see how that is my fault. Anyway got a reply today.
    Hi,

Thank you for ordering your phone on our family and friends offer. As we have indicated on our website, due to the popular demand for the iPhone 4S, along with the unprecedented uptake of this offer, we are experiencing delays in processing some orders.

We would like to confirm that details of your order have been received and the delivery of your iPhone 4S will take place week commencing November 21st.  

We would like to thank you for your patience and look forward to delivering you your new iPhone 4S as soon as possible

Many thanks,

The eMobile team

as they came in.

You're talking complete ***** mate.
    I and some other people on here (if you bother to read the posts properly) ordered on Wednesday, our money was taken and we were promised a phone.
    I was told to ring on Thursday to get my tracking number but when I did I was told they were out of stock.
    People who ordered their phone a day after me got their phone?
    So how are we whinging and moaning.
    You got your phone, we didnt so don't rub our noses in it by saying its our own fault?
    Its emobiles fault and they said as much to me on the phone but you seem to know better.

You're talking complete ***** mate.
    I and some other people on here (if you bother to read the posts properly) ordered on Wednesday, our money was taken and we were promised a phone.
    I was told to ring on Thursday to get my tracking number but when I did I was told they were out of stock.
    People who ordered their phone a day after me got their phone?
    So how are we whinging and moaning.
    You got your phone, we didnt so don't rub our noses in it by saying its our own fault?
    Its emobiles fault and they said as much to me on the phone but you seem to know better.

No i'm taking sense buddy. And my comment wasn't directed at you more so at the others who ordered on Thursday and were giving out.

My point is that they seemed to be dealing with it on a first come first served basis from what i've seen. I got mine (which i ordered Wednesday)
    within 5 business days. My buddy (who ordered his) got his within 5 business days so they kept their bargain with us.

But its not e-mobiles fault, when you agreed to their terms and conditions they clearly state that it was on a first come
    first served basis and subject to availability. I had expected to wait up to three weeks for it as i wasn't expecting to get
    one from the first batch. You have to be patient!

No i'm taking sense buddy. And my comment wasn't directed at you more so at the others who ordered on Thursday and were giving out. 

My point is that they seemed to be dealing with it on a first come first served basis from what i've seen. I got mine (which i ordered Wednesday)
    within 5 business days. My buddy (who ordered his) got his within 5 business days so they kept their bargain with us. 

But its not e-mobiles fault, when you agreed to their terms and conditions they clearly state that it was on a first come 
    first served basis and subject to availability. I had expected to wait up to three weeks for it as i wasn't expecting to get

Sham69 was right on two counts, you're talking xxxxx and you don't fully read posts before responding. Now since you have singled me out as the one whinging and moaning I think I should explain myself. I read the terms and conditions on the eMobile website. I ordered on Thursday, same as your buddy. I had no expectation of receiving my phone in the first batch. My credit card was charged on Friday. The website was still taking orders on Monday 01/11. The sales team were off for the long weekend and let the website take orders for phones they did not have to sell. Most companies can organise their website to only take orders for items they have in stock but eMobile decided that a first come first served policy was adequate.
    With no information from eMobile I assumed that the charge on my card meant I had secured a phone from the first batch. By Friday 5 business days had passed and I had no phone and no info on my order. I contacted customer services and was given the run around.
    I posted here to warn off others who might be tempted by eMobile's excellent offers.
    It is 100% eMobiles fault. Sham69 said they admitted that to him on the phone, but I guess you didn't read that part of his post either.
    I hope you are enjoying your phone.

Ok,
    I'll try this once more and then I'll leave it coz I don't think you're getting what I am saying.
    If I ordered on Wednesday and your friend ordered on Thursday and he got his phone and I didnt then it is NOT first come first served?
    Whats so difficult to understand about that?
    I have no problem waiting for second or third batch but when someone who orders after me gets their phone before me then there is something wrong.
    I am happy you got your phone but you are wasting your time trying to justify eMobile's actions.
    They admitted themselves that they made a mistake which is fair enough but you don't seem to want to accept that and I can't understand why?
    I assume you are not an employee?

Sham69 was right on two counts, you're talking xxxxx and you don't fully read posts before responding. Now since you have singled me out as the one whinging and moaning I think I should explain myself. I read the terms and conditions on the eMobile website. I ordered on Thursday, same as your buddy. I had no expectation of receiving my phone in the first batch. My credit card was charged on Friday. The website was still taking orders on Monday 01/11. The sales team were off for the long weekend and let the website take orders for phones they did not have to sell. Most companies can organise their website to only take orders for items they have in stock but eMobile decided that a first come first served policy was adequate.
    With no information from eMobile I assumed that the charge on my card meant I had secured a phone from the first batch. By Friday 5 business days had passed and I had no phone and no info on my order. I contacted customer services and was given the run around.
    I posted here to warn off others who might be tempted by eMobile's excellent offers.
    It is 100% eMobiles fault. Sham69 said they admitted that to him on the phone, but I guess you didn't read that part of his post either.
    I hope you are enjoying your phone.

Hang on a second. I'm always the first to HELP here in this forum. Here is one example from this thread alone:
    There was also a very valid piece of advice in my post which clearly you did not read! This may or may not
    have resulted in your order not going out in the first batch. I rang e-mobile a good four or five times before
    i got ANY information at all after hearing nothing after the long weekend. And i think it only goes to show
    that if e-mobile didn't ship the orders as first come first served (as you say they didn't) it was those who
    were on the phone wondering where their phone that they were charged for was that got them first!
    Not saying this is what happened to you but it could have been.
    I can shed a little light on this. Apparently a whole batch of orders from e-mobile were passed
    on to the courier DPD for delivery today but whoever sent them processed the outgoing orders
    wrong. They were logged as 'Shipments requiring a collection' And after one or two deliveries
    this morning it became apparent that these were just outgoing orders when the customers
    expecting their new phones were asked for the 'package that was going back' and the associated
    pin number.

Hence the drivers were expecting a collection of an old device and delivery of a new one.
    There was a lot of confusion about this today so DPD told not to deliver the orders until tomorrow
    when they can be changed on their system to regular deliveries.

For anybody still waiting on a phone from e-mobile you really have to chase them for information
    or you'll get absolutely none!

I chanced calling around 4pm today asking what the story is? I was told my package was
    shipped and i should get it tomorrow. I also got the tracking number and delivery company.
    When i got off the phone to e-mobile i rang DPD to try to find out some actual information about
    where it is. They told me about the mixup above, said it will be delivered tomorrow morning or
    said i could collect it from 5pm at their office which i did as it was 5 minutes away!

I now have my shiny new iPhone, but alas it is a bitter-sweet victory as my number is not ported
    over and its not much good until tomorrow!

Theres no denying e-mobiles service is ****e, i said that myself last week here when they
    couldn't even port over my number without any hassle.
    Definitely making a balls of the porting anyway.

When i call someone my correct ported number comes up.
    When i txt them the original number associated with the e-mobile sim card i was provided with comes up!

I'll be in for another long conversation tomorrow unfortunately.

Addressing your most recent post,i said clearly that there was no excuse for charging for orders that weren't
    on their way out the door but many companies do this, even Apple. The website was still taking orders on
    Monday correct, but why wouldn't they when they have it clearly stated on the website that orders would ship
    on a first come first served basis. They have something everybody wants and it would be foolish to take it off
    the site no matter what stock they have if people are prepared to sign a 12/18/24 month contract to get it!
    Also, this has nothing to do with the fact you haven't got yours yet. Any orders from the weekend have no
    bearing on when your order ships out as you ordered first.

I read shams post about admitting liability on the phone but didn't really agree with it totally. They have a
    share of the blame but anyone who ordered an iPhone 4S knew in their mind they may have a long wait on
    their hands, especially since Apple are taking 2 to 3 weeks to fulfill orders from their own online store.

I think the main point to take away from this is they don't care about me,you or iPhones. They care about
    money like every other company. I still maintain that i got a good deal from e-mobile but after the 12 months
    I'm out of there unless they can offer me something better. Hope both of you get your phones soon they are
    incredibly fast and will be worth the wait!

Sham69 I got dispatch notification last night, they still must have some stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

About time he might stop going on about it then

As i am very happy with e mobile myself got my phone in 5 days from the day i ordered it and got the cheapest deal around

About time he might stop going on about it then

As i am very happy with e mobile myself got my phone in 5 days from the day i ordered it and got the cheapest deal around

Delighted for you.....
    How would you feel if you paid 400 euro for something that was supposed to be delivered to you on a certain day, you ring for a tracking number and get told it is out of stock.
    Then other people who ordered after you get their phones delivered before you?
    On top of that, you get no notification of when your phone will be shipped?
    Am I being unreasonable here?
    If you are sick of reading my comments , stay out of the thread.

Oh by the way , i am all over the eircom thread aswell if you fancy a read :)

• Advertisement

Glad you got sorted Zenit.
    Enjoy the phone.

Delighted for you.....
    How would you feel if you paid 400 euro for something that was supposed to be delivered to you on a certain day, you ring for a tracking number and get told it is out of stock.
    Then other people who ordered after you get their phones delivered before you?
    On top of that, you get no notification of when your phone will be shipped?
    Am I being unreasonable here?
    If you are sick of reading my comments , stay out of the thread.

Oh by the way , i am all over the eircom thread aswell if you fancy a read :)

Still moaning :rolleyes: Good luck

Still moaning Good luck

Still being a pric*, Good Luck.

If you have an iPhone 4 there is no need to upgrade to a 4S! Wait for the next generation

This coming from the guy who said there was no need to upgrade????
    Good Luck again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

Does anybody know what courrier emobile use?

They use DPD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

Aquos76 wrote: »
    They use DPD
    Thanks. Iwas told my phone was shipped last friday. Iam surprise i still waiting

Edietigr wrote: »
    Thanks. Iwas told my phone was shipped last friday. Iam surprise i still waiting

You should have received an email from eMobile with a tracking number.

Got my phone today, thanks eMobile. Only problem is that the sim card can't be activated for 24/48 hours. I spoke to a lovely girl who sounded worn down and genuinely exasperated by the avalanche of problems directed her way of late. I'm ok with the situation now I have the phone, but eMobile need to grow up fast as a company. They are being very unfair on their customers and their frontline staff. It should have been no surprise to them what would happen when they offered the new iPhone with the best contracts in the country.
    Sham69, I see on the eMobile forum that someone who ordered on 01/11 got dispatch notification on Monday same as me.
    Dublinstiofán, I am out of here, continue being a pxxxk.

• Advertisement

cheers for the reply Zenit.
    I ordered on the 26th?
    Weird.
    Enjoy the phone.
    Sham.

Advertisement