Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4s on eMobile?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ive just been on to eMobile there. I have an iphone 4 and Im currently out of contract. Ive been offered the iPhone 4s 64gb for 99euro on a 12 monthh contract. 64euro/mth with three mths free. 300 mins, 300texts and 3gb data. He told me that 3gb is more than enough for the vast majority of people. I dont honestly know how much I use. This seems to me like a good deal, or is it?
    Ive been with Vodafone and they have very poor 3g coverage in my area, thie guy in eMobile told me all their coverage is 3g, Is this correct? If so it should be a lot better than Vodafone. He said they have 99.2% coverage in Ireland. Has anyone had any issues with eMobile? He said they are the only irish phone company who are reday to go with 4g coverage. Sound very good if its all true.
    Lastly, what is my iPhone 4 16gb worth? Its almost 1 year old and working as new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

richiee wrote: »
    Ive just been on to eMobile there. I have an iphone 4 and Im currently out of contract. Ive been offered the iPhone 4s 64gb for 99euro on a 12 monthh contract. 64euro/mth with three mths free. 300 mins, 300texts and 3gb data. He told me that 3gb is more than enough for the vast majority of people. I dont honestly know how much I use. This seems to me like a good deal, or is it?
    Ive been with Vodafone and they have very poor 3g coverage in my area, thie guy in eMobile told me all their coverage is 3g, Is this correct? If so it should be a lot better than Vodafone. He said they have 99.2% coverage in Ireland. Has anyone had any issues with eMobile? He said they are the only irish phone company who are reday to go with 4g coverage. Sound very good if its all true.
    Lastly, what is my iPhone 4 16gb worth? Its almost 1 year old and working as new.

That sounds very good to me, brand new top of the range 4S, 12 month contract as opposed to 18/24 months and three months free.. you could easily sell your iPhone 4 for €350-400 I'd say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

3GB is more than enough too.
    how does it compare to what you get now and how much you currently pay now?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

Im currently paying 60/mth with Vodafone, but Im always going over my allowance and my bills are nearly always 80euro or more. The poor 3g coverage in my area is a real nuisance.
    I would hope to get 350 for my old iphone.
    Is there anyone out there actually on eMobile at the moment? If so how do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That's some deal :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

You sure it's a 12 month contract? If so brilliant deal.

I think its 12 mth. The guy I was speaking to on eMobile was to call me back yesterday to arrange the set up but he never did. I called them again today and they told me they are out of stock of iPhone 4s fones and it will be about 2 weeks till they get more. In the mean time I am moving over to them as a sim only customer on a 30 day rolling contract just to try out their coverage etc. Ill let ye all know how I get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

double check your figures. it sounds like the select 300 plan which is 300 mins, 300 texts, free landlines and 2gb (not 3) of data. plus the 3 months free line rental deal was supposed to end oct 31, but they may have extended it.

thats the exact plan i got my 16gb 4s on last friday on a 12month contract...

...cept the phone cost me 300 quid. so i'm not sure i believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

The only eMobile plan I see with 3GB data is the Select Smart 300. It’s 300 minutes, 300 texts and 3GB data and costs €64 per month for non-eircom customers and is a 24 month contract. The phone is €99 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

€99 for a 64gb €64/month 12month contract sounds too good to be true, the sales guy has to have his figures wrong
    They would only make €68 profit from you in the year based on the retail value of the phone €799

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Just onto emobile 10 mins ago and was told it will be 7-10 days before they can source any more 4s to fill all their orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Will be getting my 64GB iPhone 4s this evening from dpd from e mobile

Just wonder as i have never ported from a network (o2) before will i get a new number onto I port or will I get my number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just wonder as i have never ported from a network (o2) before will i get a new number onto I port or will I get my number ?

you will get a sim with an 085 number which will be overwritten with your number when the port goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

When did your order yours and when did you receive the email confirmation that it would be delivered today ?

I was hoping to have mine tomorrow but that doesn't look likely now !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

My 32 gig 4S arrived to the house 20 mins ago. I had ordered on Tuesday and sent over the required info on Wednesday. Just glad I wasn't left waiting any longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine was posted today apparently. Should get it tomorrow i'm told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

jaykay2 wrote: »
    My 32 gig 4S arrived to the house 20 mins ago. I had ordered on Tuesday and sent over the required info on Wednesday. Just glad I wasn't left waiting any longer...

I think mine posted today, can I ask you , did you need a pin for the courier?
    Seems that you need to have a 4 digit pin to get the phone from the courier and no one seems to know where you get the pin from?
    Cheers.

sham69 wrote: »
    Seems that you need to have a 4 digit pin to get the phone from the courier and no one seems to know where you get the pin from?
    Cheers.

I was told nothing about a pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Cheers.

No, I was not asked for a PIN, although he did mention some confusion about having something to go back to eMobile when he gave me my package?

Customer care guy told me I will need one and that I should have been emailed one
    Another guy on here today was refused delivery from courier as he didn't have the pin?
    No one in eMobile seems to know if you do or don't need it
    Very confusing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

I ordered thursday last. 5 working days i was told to wait

Just got my iPhone there a hour ago

Had to ring up e mobile to set up my sim card so i can make calls and txts onto they port my number over which i have been told there is problems on changing over

Anyway when DPD came to my door the guy was looking for something to send back to them both of us had no idea what they where looking for so he just left me my phone ?

Love the white iPhone over the black

Also i have to add did anyone get some sort of contract to sign ?

Customer care guy told me I will need one and that I should have been emailed one
    Another guy on here today was refused delivery from courier as he didn't have the pin?
    No one in eMobile seems to know if you do or don't need it
    Very confusing

I can shed a little light on this. Apparently a whole batch of orders from e-mobile were passed
    on to the courier DPD for delivery today but whoever sent them processed the outgoing orders
    wrong. They were logged as 'Shipments requiring a collection' And after one or two deliveries
    this morning it became apparent that these were just outgoing orders when the customers
    expecting their new phones were asked for the 'package that was going back' and the associated
    pin number.

Hence the drivers were expecting a collection of an old device and delivery of a new one.
    There was a lot of confusion about this today so DPD told not to deliver the orders until tomorrow
    when they can be changed on their system to regular deliveries.

For anybody still waiting on a phone from e-mobile you really have to chase them for information
    or you'll get absolutely none!

I chanced calling around 4pm today asking what the story is? I was told my package was
    shipped and i should get it tomorrow. I also got the tracking number and delivery company.
    When i got off the phone to e-mobile i rang DPD to try to find out some actual information about
    where it is. They told me about the mixup above, said it will be delivered tomorrow morning or
    said i could collect it from 5pm at their office which i did as it was 5 minutes away!

I now have my shiny new iPhone, but alas it is a bitter-sweet victory as my number is not ported
    over and its not much good until tomorrow!

Cheers for the reply.
    So basically the whole pin thing is not needed?
    If that's the case why did the customer care guy tell me it was today, does anyone in emobile actually know what they are doing?

Very sloppy handling of the release and I thought O2 handled it badly...

Thanks again for reply, hope to have mine Friday.
    Enjoy your phone

Ive been checking eMobiles web site and I see that the offer seems to be with a 24 mth contract, but im pretty sure the sales guy told me 12 mth. Maybe he made a mistake, maybe thats why he didnt call me back... I dont know. I have his name and I called emobile and asked them to get him to call me, but as of yet I havent heard anything from him. Is it a good deal if its a 24 mth contract?... Seems a long time... 2 years! Might be better buying the fone direct from apple and going on a sim only contract, that way I could shop around as often as I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

Ive been checking eMobiles web site and I see that the offer seems to be with a 24 mth contract, but im pretty sure the sales guy told me 12 mth. Maybe he made a mistake, maybe thats why he didnt call me back... I dont know. I have his name and I called emobile and asked them to get him to call me, but as of yet I havent heard anything from him. Is it a good deal if its a 24 mth contract?... Seems a long time... 2 years! Might be better buying the fone direct from apple and going on a sim only contract, that way I could shop around as often as I like.

I reckon upgrading from the 4 to the 4S probably isn't a good idea - especially on a 24 month contract. The 4 is well capable of processing whatever you throw at it.

I think Samsung are due to release their Galaxy S3 around March or April next year and, with the Galaxy S2 pretty much on a par spec-wise with the iPhone 4S, Apple cannot afford to wait around and not release the next iPhone until next October/November. They were behind the curve this time round when Samsung release the S2 which is a much higher specced phone than the iPhone 4. They need to get ahead of the curve again as there are too many people switching over to Android.

If I had a 4 and was insisting to stick with Apple, I'd get it unlocked (which shouldn't be a problem now that you're out of contract) and go with one of the PAYG plans. The PAYG plans are very competitive these days - in particular, Threes (if the coverage is good in your area).

eMobile will be €64 per month with three mths free. 300 mins, 300texts and 3gb data and €99 euro for the phone - including the cost of the phone and deducting the 3 months free, this is an average of €60 per month (and you're tied to a 24 month contract).

Three PAYG will be €20 per month which will pay for 86 weekday minutes to non-three numbers (after taking into account the €5 free monthly credit you get). All other minutes, texts and data will be free.

If most of your minutes are weekend or Three minutes, you shouldn't need any additional credit with Three and you can put €40 every month aside between now and the iPhone 5 release.

Let's say Apple do take a full year to release the next iPhone. This would mean that you can either keep the 4 with Three and have €480 towards the phone by release date or sign up to a 24 month contract and be stuck for another year with a phone that looks exactly like the iPhone 4 which, by that time, will be around 2.5 years old.

Edit: Another option is Sim-Only with Tesco Mobile who piggy-back on the O2 network. If you look here, you'll see that the 300 minute, 300 text and 500mb data plan is €20 per month. This may suit if most of your data is done using Wi-Fi (this is the case for me and I only really use network data for my Webtext App and the very occasional internet browse).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pabar64

Beware and check your new phone before you transfer your old settings or even before you un-box. My new iPhone was delivered to-day and I immediately set about transferring my 3GS apps and settings. Unfortunately it was only at that stage, when software was updating (I thought IOS 5 came pre-installed) that I discovered I had been sent an iPhone 4 and not a 4s. Back onto Customer Service at eMobile, to be told that I might have ticked the wrong box on the application. Naturally, my order - completed on-line - showed it should have been a 4s. Of course, all wrapping and protective sheeting had been removed and a new screen protector installed, so I've now had to box it all up again and am awaiting word from Customer Service on the next steps. My understanding is that the 4s is now out of stock so I wonder if instructions are being given to send out the iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 c08849200

I have received my 4s today and pre ordered last week but was told on monday Id have to wait 2 more weeks because they were out of stock.

I complained for about an hour because they are still available in shops and if i was to cancel and pick one up in the shop i wouldnt get the 3 months free which was an october offer

Now my number is taking ages to port still hasnt and its been 7 hrs and also with my temporary e mobile number it will let me call but not text or 3g internet.

The girl i was talking to in customer service said that i just plug in the phone to itunes and sync it to fix the problem with the 3g and messaging.

I had already done this and she didnt have any answers...just silence and seemed clueless.

They have been very sloppy so far, nothing has gone right and still have not got full use of my phone!

Also anybody know anything about siri not working fully outside of the us? Why is this and will they be changing that to allow us the full use of it?

I have be porting since 10 am still having my 085 number i think i might keep it at this stage cindering i have giving it to every one who needs to get in touch with me

But i have all calls 3G and txts on it

But i well add that eMobile 3G is a lot better in my house then o2 3G

Also loveing the phone i like it a lot more then my old iPhone 4

• Advertisement

Definitely making a balls of the porting anyway.

When i call someone my correct ported number comes up.
    When i txt them the original number associated with the e-mobile sim card i was provided with comes up!

I'll be in for another long conversation tomorrow unfortunately.

Advertisement