Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA

Options
  • 28-10-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Long time reader of boards.ie, decided to start this topic on a subject i think i know a nice bit about...GAA Betting.

Ill start with 100 points.

First bet for this weekend 10 points on Thomas McDonaghs to lift the cup in the Tipperary county football final.

McDonaghs are a combination team of 9 clubs in North Tipperary, unlike other years the North teams did not go far in Hurling and they seemed to have managed to get a dedicated bunch together. They won there first 2 games well with Philly Austin to the fore.

7/4 to lift the cup...
    Opening Balance:100points
    Stake:10points
    Potential Returns:27.5 points
    Balance:90 points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Match to be played this Sunday

Final Score: Thomas McDonaghs 0-9 Moyle Rovers 0-7

Balance: 117.5 points
    Profit: 17.5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Good start. Good luck with future tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Will follow this log, decent bet for a county final, Moyle Rovers must have been fancied!

This week I will focus my attention on the Crusheen v Carringtwohill game.
    I am backing Crusheen all the way to win this game with a few points to spare.
    Crusheen were very unlucky to lose to a good Kilmallock team last year and will be up for it more this time round considering its there second time at this stage of competiton.
    Carringtwohill winning the Cork SHC was very unpredicted being quoted at 100/1 early on! Think they will not be as hungry as Crusheen.

Crusheen -2 @13/8 10 points
    Crusheen to score over 15.5 points@1/1 10 points

Saw Ballygunner against Drom and was very impressed, again these are far more experienced than Na Piarsigh, a double with them Crusheen, and Crossmaglen(certainties).

Ballygunner, Crusheen and Crossmaglen treble @2.7/1 10points

Closing Balance: 87.5 points
    Points in Play: 30points

• Advertisement

This week I will focus my attention on the Crusheen v Carringtwohill game.
    I am backing Crusheen all the way to win this game with a few points to spare.
    Crusheen were very unlucky to lose to a good Kilmallock team last year and will be up for it more this time round considering its there second time at this stage of competiton.
    Carringtwohill winning the Cork SHC was very unpredicted being quoted at 100/1 early on! Think they will not be as hungry as Crusheen.

Crusheen -2 @13/8 10 points
    Crusheen to score over 15.5 points@1/1 10 points

Saw Ballygunner against Drom and was very impressed, again these are far more experienced than Na Piarsigh, a double with them Crusheen, and Crossmaglen(certainties).

Ballygunner, Crusheen and Crossmaglen treble @2.7/1 10points

Closing Balance: 87.5 points
    Points in Play: 30points

Crusheen 0-18 Carrigtwohill 1-10
    2 bets succesful! :)

Ballygunner beaten by 3 late goals which is the only downside :cool: .

Anyway after this week...

New balance = 133.75 points
    Profit/loss = 33.75 points

No Hurling this week in the senior club Chmapionships:cool:

Anyway in football side of things I think the experienced Kilmurry/Ibrickane are massively priced against Dr.Crokes. Kilmurry are proven at this level and reached the All-Ireland a couple a years ago. They are 9/2 to win on Sunday although in this weather a draw is highly likely.

Kilmurry to qualify to next round @ 7/2 10 points

Balance: 123.75 points
    Profit/loss: 23.75 points

News is that Moyle Rovers are not putting a huge effort inot this Munster Championship.
    UCC have some quality and should clear the 3 point handicap. UCC -3 10 points

Balance:113.75 points

Profit/Loss:13.75points (20points in play)

A very small loss after this weekend although for a while it was looking like Kilmurry were going to cause a major upset. UCC winning easily helped me to recoup most of the losses.Overall a lose of 0.91 points this weekend.

Balance: 132.84 points
    Profit/Loss: 32.84

Oulart the Ballagh is my bet of the weekend. They have been winning Wexford county finals for years without winning Leinsters, losing some close games to KK teams the last few years. They have a class team , everyone of them has nearly played senior with Wexford at some stage. Coolderry beat Ballyboden who without Conal Keaney are not the same team that ran O'Loughlins close last year. Overall I expect Oulart to win by a few.

Oulart -2 @6/5 10 points

Balance: 122.84points
    Profit/loss: 22.84 points

• Advertisement

First real loss this weekend with Coolderry managing to beat Oulart in a real suprise. This result does not bode well for Wexford Hurling!

New Balance: 122.84 points
    Profit/loss: 22,84 points

Im back after the winter break!

Firstly Im going to focus on Harty cup action on Wednesday.

Ive decided from a long way out that Thurles will win the cup outright. They did not beat Flannans first day out but has a man sent off. Theyre 7/4 favourites with a tricky game against Tipp rivals Nenagh.
    Thurles CBS outright!20 points

In the other games I see value in Flannans and Da La Salle.
    Flannans and Da La Salle double 10 pointsReturns 26 points

Balance: 92.84 points
    Profit/Loss: -7.16 points with 30 in play

Mixed emotions after Wednesday. Waterford colleges clearly were well prepared and beat Flannans by a point with 14 men. While Thurles got 1-2 in extra time against Nenagh after 12 minutes extra time!

Waterford colleges are a team I'm now in fear of for Thurles. I still think Thurles will beat Nenagh next day and maybe that sub standard perfomance was a wake up call. Waterford colleges have now been installed 15/8 favourites coming in from 13/2! Thurles are now 5/2

Balance: 92.84 points
    Profit/Loss: -7.16 points with 20 in play

Did not get to Semi replay but was told by many sources that Thurles threw it away :( .
    That was my biggest bet so far and is a disapointment, after a great start my wallet is shrinking with the last few bets :/ .

Im still going to concentrate on Harty cup with tomorrows replay semi final of Nenagh against Ard Scoil Ris. I went to the first game which was similiar to Nenagh, Thurles first game, ASR got 2 points in extra time to get through although Nenagh were better overall IMO. The big names on both side did not perform with Jamie Shanahan (ASR) and Jason Forde(Nenagh) both below par.

Forde is possibly the best player in the Harty ATM and he usually delivers, If he does Nenagh will win. I see the game as 50/50 and Nenagh at 13/8 are value.

10 pointsNenagh to qualify to next round at 11/8 returns 23.75

Tadgh Gallagher is a big part of Nenaghs gameplan and his speed is unnatural, 25/1 for first goal is too big!
    2.84 pointson Tadgh Gallagher first goal

Balance: 80 Points
    Profit/Loss: -20 points(12.84 in play)

Final score: Nenagh 1-11 ASR 0-13.

Jason Forde hit top form scoring 1-10!! His last point to win the game was unreal!

Re: the tadgh gallagher FGS he ran threw with a ball after about 45 minutes and passed instead of shooting, very much a team player but I was hoping he would have his own shot. The pass was intercepted by a ASR defender, he should have hit it ha.

Anyway back in profit(barely)

New balance: 103.75 points
    Profit/Loss: 3.75 points

The Harty Cup final is on this weekend and Im going to continue my support for Nenagh cbs against waterford colleges. Waterford colleges are a combination of Dungarvan cbs, Augustines and the ring school(dont have any starters). The team is made up of mostly Dungarvan players. I went to see Doon cbs beat dungarvan last saturday in a good game of hurling. After seeing this I think jason forde will do damage against waterford.

I fancy Nenagh to win Harty cup 13.75@7/4 returns 37.81!

I will give my opinions on NHL round 1 in later post

Galway against Dublin is the game I see as real value for the home side Galway.

Although the Dubs are good theyre away record in the NHL is not near as good as form in the capital. Galway will be trying to impress there new manager who is under pressure to win after dropping some big names.

10 pointson Galway -2 @6/5 returns 22

New balance: 80 pts (23.75pts)
    Profit/Loss: -20points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Canning is out for Galway now fwiw.

Saw that alright.Canning is a big loss. Still think they will do it. Personally I expect Galway by 5. I just dont rate Dublin this Sunday for some reason. Ill give another update after teams have been announced...

Team w/o Joe

Team:
    1. James Skehill
    2. Deci Connolly
    3. David Collins
    4. Ger O' Halloran
    5. Tony Og Regan
    6. Fergal Moore
    7. Niall Donoghue
    8. David Burke
    9. Cyril Donnelan
    10. Conor Cooney
    11. Niall Burke
    12. Iarlaith Tannian
    13. Damian Hayes
    14. Barry Daly
    15. James Regan

Last year the galway 21s played to a system with both Barry Daly and David Burke swapping every few minutes, both running at the full back when they got the ball. I still fancy Galway, although the 2 corner backs are new again which is a cause for concern

• Advertisement

Results:

Waterford Colleges 2-14 Nenagh cbs 1-10 LOSE
    Galway 0-20 Dublin 0-13 WIN

New Balance: 102 points
    Profit/Loss: 2 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

what did u think of the harty game?

I decided to go to Tipp v Kilkenny game :(

I taught Nenagh would win for 2 reasons:
    1.Jason Forde
    2.Dungarvan lost to Doon, a game i was at and taught Nenagh would be better...

From what I heard Nenagh totally fell apart in first half, they play a very defensive game relying on forde for 70% of scores. They are not really able to chase a game IMO. From what I heard the Currans are good especially the one with black helmet. It will be interesting to see if he will suceed at minor level this year for waterford. The midfielder dunford who ive seen before is a very good hurler.

Were you there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

ya i was there myself, i agree with u in your points. i think CnD were more direct with better ball to the forwards, accurate ball from the backline especially Tadhg Burke.

Ive heard they are thinking about putting more combos in it next year...

I totally disagree with it TBH, only kerry colleges. I never played harty myself as my alma mater was alway B but i think combos take the intengrity out of it. It has to be remembered it is a SCHOOLS competiton!

This week the fitzgibbon semis are on but ive no proper info for me to be confident on bettin on them. The leinster colleges final is on this week with Kierans playing Kilkenny cbs. Ive heard reports that the teams are even enough.... I think KK CBS shout beat the handicap...
    11 POINTS on KKCBS -4

New balance: 91points

Fitzgibbon final:

UCC -1 @11/10 10 POINTS

new Balance: 81 poinst

Very Unlucky not to get 2 out of 2!

UCC V CIT DRAW LOSE

kk cbs -4 WIN

New balance: 102points
    Profit/loss: 2 points