Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yep, same here, and will leave just before the Chilli's cos they bore the shite outta me.

All there songs sound the same and they even did an All Saints cover!!!

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

I pity you. That should be rephrased as, "All Saints did a cover of one of the best songs of all time, "Under the Bridge", and did it no justice at all by completely and utterly butchering it in every single possible way imaginable".

As for the all their songs sound the same argument then you clearly haven't heard anything from the Chilis from the start of their career. The change in styles since then is so much that they sound like a totally different band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

I pity you. That should be rephrased as, "All Saints did a cover of one of the best songs of all time, "Under the Bridge", and did it no justice at all by completely and utterly butchering it in every single possible way imaginable".

As for the all their songs sound the same argument then you clearly haven't heard anything from the Chilis from the start of their career. The change in styles since then is so much that they sound like a totally different band.

It was just my opinion, they all sound the same, and when they covered a Girl Band that was the final nail in the coffin. There was so many other great songs they could have covered, like Limp Bizkit's 'Behind Blue Eyes' but no, they had to go the girl band route ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

It was just my opinion, they all sound the same, and when they covered a Girl Band that was the final nail in the coffin. There was so many other great songs they could have covered, like Limp Bizkit's 'Behind Blue Eyes' but no, they had to go the girl band route ;)

01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

LOL mate you haven't a ****ing clue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LOL mate you haven't a ****ing clue at all.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Did you even read the response to your comment??
    They DID NOT cover a girl band.. a girl band covered them!!!! (And did a poor job of it)

They have covered people like Jimi Hendrix & Stevie Wonder - Pretty legendary people unlike the likes of Limp Bizkit who infact covered the Who's song; Behind Blue Eyes. It's not their song!
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Not a hope this will sell out....The Aviva would have been a much better venue, especially with 10-12k people already seeing them on this tour next friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

All there songs sound the same and they even did an All Saints cover!!!

Every good band seems to be accused these days of all their songs sounding the same, just let it go for once.

And please they didn't cover a girlband, a girlband covered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

karaokeman wrote: »
    Maybe its unlikely but €64.50 is good value for such an internationally known band at such a massive venue.

Surely a massive venue would lower the price of a ticket and not be seen as "value" ....

... the bigger the venue, the worse the quality of gig in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Not a hope this will sell out....The Aviva would have been a much better venue, especially with 10-12k people already seeing them on this tour next friday.

Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly, that way the people who really want to go will all be able to get tickets in time unlike the gig for the O2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Saaron wrote: »
    Hopefully it won't sell out too quickly, that way the people who really want to go will all be able to get tickets in time unlike the gig for the O2 :)

True but I'm surprised they've based the demand for the o2 show, which obviously had a lot higher demand than the venue could provide for, on booking a Croke Park show, bit too much of a leap imo. Especially as RHCP aren't renowned for their live shows and are minus John Frusciante.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

RHCP aren't renowned for their live shows and are minus John Frusciante.

The Chilis were signed because of their live shows. If thats not enough to be renowned for their performances I don't know what is.

And again with Frusciante. He was a great, great musician but he didn't make the Chilis what they are. Keidis and Flea are the only two members who were there since the beginning, same as with the Gallaghers in Oasis. The band's greatest talent usually derives from the founding members.

The O2 sold out in 30 seconds and they are going on to play a venue that is 6 times as large. It would be very hard for the gig not to sell out at least on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Damn, Ill have to buy a ticket for this in the morning, and then go to see them in the o2 in the evening. It'll be a good day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    The Chilis were signed because of their live shows. If thats not enough to be renowned for their performances I don't know what is.

Fair enough , but their last live show in Ireland was pretty boring. Was nothing special even though i had been looking forward to see them at Oxegen 2006 they let me down (kinda reminded me of KOL in 2009)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

3stooges_face_palm.jpg

You my friend are a bell end!!

€59.50 - €94.50 ticket prices . plus €5 for fees etc. No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RayCon wrote: »
    Surely a massive venue would lower the price of a ticket and not be seen as "value" ....

... the bigger the venue, the worse the quality of gig in my experience.
    Yeah, I don't value big gigs nearly as much, I have given up on them TBH, they often are a lot more expensive, AC/DC were more expensive in the field in punchestown than in the O2.

-I presume that scudzilla was taking the piss...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

can u buy tickets for the Premim Level at concerts. ???

I presumme these might be the 94.50 tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    can u buy tickets for the Premim Level at concerts. ???

I presumme these might be the 94.50 tickets

No the premium tickets are not sold to the general public for concerts.

If you buy a premium ticket to Croke Park, you are buying it for 10 years for all events (GAA, concerts etc..).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would i have to queue outside the ticketmaster booth in Stephens Green shopping center on Friday to get these or would anyone know if they would be on sale aswell in the small ticketmaster retail booths such as Swords or Omni Park I think have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

billyhead wrote: »
    Would i have to queue outside the ticketmaster booth in Stephens Green shopping center on Friday to get these or would anyone know if they would be on sale aswell in the small ticketmaster retail booths such as Swords or Omni Park I think have one?

They'll be in any Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

They'll be in any Ticketmaster.

Sound. It will save me trekking into town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The standing price is usually the cheaper one, does anyone know if that's the same in croke park??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭masterjk

just as a matter of interest have you a better chance of getting a ticket sitting at home pressing f5 every second coming up to 8, or queuing and being one of the first into a ticket master outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

masterjk wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest have you a better chance of getting a ticket sitting at home pressing f5 every second coming up to 8, or queuing and being one of the first into a ticket master outlet?

It won't sell out straight away so I wouldn't be too worried...14,000 RHCP fans will be at the O2 this Friday night so the majority of them probably won't be buying tickets Friday morning plus the fact that Oxegen (5th-8th July), Slane (unconfirmed for 13th July) and Coldplay (unconfirmed for the Aviva on 16th June) means people may hold off until further announcements are made..

Factor in the fact that Croke Park can hold 82,300 for a concert, leaves the possibility of it selling out in minutes/hours fairly remote!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭bren2001

It won't sell out straight away so I wouldn't be too worried...14,000 RHCP fans will be at the O2 this Friday night so the majority of them probably won't be buying tickets Friday morning plus the fact that Oxegen (5th-8th July), Slane (unconfirmed for 13th July) and Coldplay (unconfirmed for the Aviva on 16th June) means people may hold off until further announcements are made..

Factor in the fact that Croke Park can hold 82,300 for a concert, leaves the possibility of it selling out in minutes/hours fairly remote!!

Wouldnt be too confident of it not selling out in seconds. I know plenty of people who would bite my hand off for a ticket for the o2 gig and are getting up to make sure they wont miss out again. I'd be surprised if this didn't sell out rapidly.

I think it might take awhile to sell out since in this day and age people may not be able to afford a ticket straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Does anybody know if there is going to be seperate tickets going on sale for a Golden Circle pit area? Or will is just be general admission standing for the whole pitch section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I've a mate who works with Ticketmaster and he said it sold out in 13 seconds beating the KOL gig in Slane earlier this year, which sold out in 15 seconds.

It took the KOL 40 minutes. http://www.state.ie/23924-news/kings-of-leon-at-slane-sold-out-new-date-at-the-o2-gig-announced

RHCP seem to have taken more than 13 seconds.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056335946&page=13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Presales were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Advertisement