Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Togepi wrote: »
    Are they likely to play much from Stadium Arcadium or the last album? :cool:
    From the last album, Look Around, Raindance Maggie and Monarchy of Roses get played pretty much every time along with one other random song from I'm With You. I'd imagine Brendan's Death Song may get played as it's going to be released as a single soon.

From Stadium Arcadium; Dani California is a certainty and they tend to pick one other from that album, Charlie has a 50/50 chance from what I can gather, Hard to Concentrate makes the odd appearance, but in a nutshell; expect 2 Stadium Arcadium songs, one will be Dani California, other will probably be one of Charlie/Wet Sand/Hard to Concentrate. No more than 2 I'm afraid.

Other near certainties are Can't Stop, Give It Away, Under the Bridge and By The Way. Usually 4 songs from Blood Sugar Sex Magik, 4 from Californication and 4 from By The Way.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

Are they likely to play much from Stadium Arcadium or the last album? :cool:

Here is their setlist from their last concert:

Monarchy of Roses -IWY
    Can't Stop
    Dani California -SA
    Scar Tissue
    Look Around - IWY
    Throw Away Your Television
    Charlie - SA
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie -IWY
    Right on Time
    If You Have to Ask
    Factory of Faith -IWY
    Under the Bridge
    Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    Suck My Kiss
    Ethiopia -IWY
    Give It Away
    Final Jam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

That setlist from their last concert seems to be following a standard though, because when you look at it, its very much the same as the O2 setlist and the vast majority of dates on this tour.

Another thing I've noticed looking back over past set lists is that they play Otherside every second gig, so we may get it at Croker when you think that it wasn't included on the last gig and they have two UK gigs before this one. That will make me happy, as its my favourite Chilis song.

I doubt we will get BDS, simply because it has only been played twice on the tour and we don't know yet when it will be released as a single. And if its only released as a single in certain regions (like DILYK) it may not get airplay throughout the whole tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Here is their setlist from their last concert:

Monarchy of Roses -IWY
    Can't Stop
    Dani California -SA
    Scar Tissue
    Look Around - IWY
    Throw Away Your Television
    Charlie - SA
    The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie -IWY
    Right on Time
    If You Have to Ask
    Factory of Faith -IWY
    Under the Bridge
    Higher Ground
    (Stevie Wonder cover)
    Californication
    By the Way

Encore:
    Chad & Mauro & Josh Jam
    Suck My Kiss
    Ethiopia -IWY
    Give It Away
    Final Jam

no otherside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

That sounds good, I much prefer their older stuff. From the last two albums I like The Adventures of Raindance Maggie (haven't had time to listen to I'm With You more than two or three times) and Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Tell Me Baby and a couple of others from Stadium Arcadium.

After that I'd be delighted with any songs from By The Way or Californication. (Two of my favourite albums by any artist to be honest!) Don't even have Blood Sugar Sex Magik on my iPod at the moment so I'll have to listen to that some more before the gig.

Will Noel be playing many Oasis songs or do they usually just do one or two?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

That sounds good, I much prefer their older stuff. From the last two albums I like The Adventures of Raindance Maggie (haven't had time to listen to I'm With You more than two or three times) and Dani California, Snow (Hey Oh), Tell Me Baby and a couple of others from Stadium Arcadium.

After that I'd be delighted with any songs from By The Way or Californication. (Two of my favourite albums by any artist to be honest!) Don't even have Blood Sugar Sex Magik on my iPod at the moment so I'll have to listen to that some more before the gig.

Noel Gallagher's setlist is pretty much half his solo material and half his Oasis songs. The Oasis songs are usually Don't Look Back In Anger, Whatever, Supersonic, Mucky Fingers, Little By Little, It's Good To Be Free, and the two I'm looking forward to; Half The World Away and Talk Tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

:eek: you better load it on soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

:eek: you better load it on soon.

I know. :o Haven't listened to it in ages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

jordainius wrote: »
    You were inferring that RHCP don't write or play any decent music any more, that is incorrect. They don't write material that suit's your personal taste. Lot's of people like it, they like it for a reason. You had a pop at RHCP, I took issue with that by having a pop at Noel Gallagher not because I don't like Gallagher, but because you were wrong to say what you said. So I did directly respond to what you said. You claimed he can write and play decent songs and that RHCP can't, you're wrong, they can, you just don't like them. My post was designed to show you that critics talk nonsense, you were being a critic yourself, therefore you were talking nonsense. Bizarrely, you somehow formed the opinion that I am pro critic. How in the name of god you drew that conclusion I'll never know...

I say "vast swathes of people would disagree with you", you choose to interpret it as vast swathes of people think you're stupid :confused::confused: Good for you, what a moronic conclusion to make!!

Moronic? Why have people thanked my post and why has nobody thanked yours? People don't generally thank moronic posts... Unlike yourself I think before I speak, also- ever heard of attack the post, not the poster??? Also, I am so happy to say I am not now, never was, and never will be your "mate". I like my friends, they don't moan about how this is rubbish and that is terrible and they understand the concept of subjectivity.

Paranoid lie/mistruth that you have baselessly assumed as nothing I said indicated that:confused:

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, absoluitely nothing. Kind of strange coming from someone who went ballistic at what he perceived as another poster not adressing what he said. :pac:

Not necessarily, they have every right to compare to previous material. Coincidentally, your post which said Chili Peppers fans should be grateful to be able to see someone who can still write and play decent music implies that the Chili's were once able to write decent music, and you now feel that they can't. So you are judging them now against what they did in the past. And from what you say, judging a band by what they did in the past is lazy and makes that person an unoriginal pratt. Your words, not mine...

But you didn't comment only on "poor auld Noel" who's record speaks for itself, there are plenty of ways to stick up for your beloved Noel without having to take a swing at other bands. "My favourite band is better than your favourite band" is childish nonsense.

You confuse "X is bad" with "X is not to my personal taste"

Beloved critics? Another baseless assumption! And the critical reception for I'm With You was generally positive actually. Average to above average while not outstanding would cover it. Also, I find it funny that you pick and choose when critical acclaim means anything. You pick and choose what suits you!....

If the critics can be correct from time to time then Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants are terrible albums. But of course as I've already pointed out, the opinions of the critics only counts when it suits yourself.

You somehow have failed to read between the lines in my original post- that being that the opinions of critics doesn't matter. You basically said that RHCP don't wrote or play anything decent anymore. My point was that you are no better than any of the countless critics that Noel Gallagher or Oasis have when you say things like that. You think its okay for you to say that the RHCP's don't write or play any decent music anymore, and when it's pointed out to you that many feel the same way about Oasis/NG you throw your toys out of the pram and post the nonsense. Oasis/NG critic's are lazy unoriginal pratts? You're doing EXACTLY the same thing as these lazy unoriginal pratts with your criticism of RHCP. You don't know the difference between "X is terrible" and "I don't like X". For example I don't like Guinness but it would be wrong of me to say that Guinness is disgusting. It obviously isn't, it just isn't to my personal taste.

If you respond, please try to deal with what I actually say instead of making stupid assumptions. Remember, 2+2=4.

I forgot about all of this. But I'll keep my reply relatively concise.

The last RHCP album was crap. That's what I was inferring. It's an opinion held by vast swathes of people, if you will. Don't get me wrong though, the Chilis have obviously released some of the best music of the last 25 years. I'M NOT SAYING IT IS COMPARATIVELY CRAP*

Look mate, you got people to like you defending a band on a thread about said band. I think that this type of argument only reinforces the idea that you aren't quite the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I am not comparing what RHCP did in the past to anything.* The new album, objectively speaking, is pretty terrible. Rain Dance Maggie?! Come on lads! Let's remove the fanboy mentality for just a second!

Maybe I confused you with my line about satirising your perceived value of critics but I suggest you give it a bit of time. You will see the light I'm sure!

While we're at it, SOTSOG was a pretty average record, as was Heathen Chemistry. Critics were certainly correct to criticise the albums, as long as they didn't compare them to the first two. *

Actually 2+2=5 according to Thom Yorke. Lighten up bff, you'll get wrinkles!

*highlight points which show consistency in order to make it as easy as possible for you to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

I'm With you was a big improvement over Stadium Arcadium, which should have been one disc shorter imo.

Really looking forward to this gig at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I see Chillis are releasing 18 B-sides from the I'm With you sessions over the next few months

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/357-18-unreleased-i-m-with-you-sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Any idea how much I could expect to pay for a pint at this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

deisedave wrote: »
    Any idea how much I could expect to pay for a pint at this ?

5.50/6 quid..... More likely €5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hesus2003

where is the handiest to place to park for croke park?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hesus2003 wrote: »
    where is the handiest to place to park for croke park?

Depends where you are coming from , if you can i would reccomend Red Cow and get the luas into town from there . Get off at in City Centre and walk to Croker . Wouldnt park anywhere to close to Croker because you will be there for ages trying to get out . Also try any of the Car Parks in the City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Possible to sneak in a naggin? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    I'm sure ya won't be the onli one...make it more enjoyable in a half full stadium

Hardly get a rigorous search on the way in?

Whats the normal Croker procedure?

Depends where you are coming from , if you can i would reccomend Red Cow and get the luas into town from there . Get off at in City Centre and walk to Croker . Wouldnt park anywhere to close to Croker because you will be there for ages trying to get out . Also try any of the Car Parks in the City Centre

You can get very close to Croke Park if you know where to go. We've been going to 2/3 games a year in Croker and 8 All-Irelands over the last 12/13 years now and we've parked in the same spot. We've never had a single traffic problem parking near to it. That's with 80,000 people who aren't from Dublin travelling to the game. It takes us 10 minutes to walk to the stadium.

There are plenty of places in Marino that you could get a parking spot for a few hours. Most people will be getting public transport to the gig I'd imagine so it will be even easier to get a parking spot than usual.

MikeyGorse wrote: »

Of course. Just don't make it obvious by sticking it in your pocket and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Any idea what time Noel will be on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

getting luas back to Red Cow at that hour a bit dodgey no?

Any idea when the set times will be announced?

The suspense is killing me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cocoshovel wrote: »
    getting luas back to Red Cow at that hour a bit dodgey no?

Not really since id say there will be a lot of people doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maureen1

anyone know if the dart will be going that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Gates are at 6 pm so would arriving at 4 pm be early enough to get up the front/into pit? Or would it be cutting it short?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

Stage times etc are here:

http://www.crokepark.ie/events/upcoming-events/red-hot-chilli-peppers#.T-OzlqS5URA.facebook

Red Hot Chilli Peppers play Croke Park on Tuesday 26th June 2012.

The concert starts at 6pm and gates open at 5pm.
    No queuing before 4pm.

The running order for the night is:

The Vaccines 18.05-18.50
    Noel Gallagher 19.15-20.15
    Red Hot Chili Peppers 20.45-22.25

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Does anyone actually know how many tickets have been sold for this gig so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

A quick Ticketmaster search shows tickets are still available for Hogan Lower & Upper, Davin Lower and Cusack Lower, but not for Pitch Standing, Davin Upper or Cusack Upper.

My guess is if 85,000 tickets went on sale (as did for Westlife) then about 60,000-70,000 have probably been sold. Should be enough to ensure a great atmosphere!

Hopefully now the rain will stay away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any word on when Noel and the Chilis will be landing in Dublin?

Advertisement